Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: A new Element uncovered? IFS Conversion for Enduro and SCX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2020, 10:11 AM   #161
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: A new Element uncovered? IFS Conversion for Enduro and SCX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's lame! Thanks for the heads up.
You only end up needing two of them at least. For the servo link. Everything else uses a different metal ball piece of hardware they include.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-29-2020, 12:21 PM   #162

Does anyone know what are these? I just cleaned all my table and found this 2 pieces that came with the ISF kit, but I'm looking at the manual and there is nothing about them.

shOyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:23 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

Look like servo mount posts
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:34 PM   #164
RCC Addict

For a winch servo on top of the IFS bulkhead.
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
You only end up needing two of them at least. For the servo link. Everything else uses a different metal ball piece of hardware they include.
Oh good. I was looking at the photos trying to figure out where they all went. I'm glad it's just two plastic balls.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:13 AM   #166
I wanna be Dave

I’ll be putting my IFS kit on an Axial chassis since there are many of them sitting around here. So I decided to print up the compatible servo mount while waiting.

svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 06:33 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Just got mine finished, took nearly 3 hours to sort it all out. Finally got it how I wanted it with max travel up front, and somewhat limited travel out back to match. Very cool kit, can't wait to get it out on the trail.

OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:06 AM   #168
I wanna be Dave

I got my kit and have been messing with it for a little bit and already can tell the Axial compatible wording should have a huge asterisk on it.

- The skidplate that runs from the bulkhead to the center skid doesn't fit an Axial skidplate correctly. The spacing on the lower link pockets are about 1.5 mm more narrow on the Element so the IFS skidplate mounting tabs get bent pretty badly if you force it on the Axial skid. This either requires grinding material off the Axial skid, grinding material off the IFS skid, or using an Element skid (which is not included in the IFS kit).

-Should you decided to use the Element skid with an Axial chassis, the 4 outer holes of the skid do not line up with the holes in the chassis. You can drill them out to match the chassis but it is super annoying that for all the cross compatibility designed into the Element, they made the skid holes 1.5 mm off.

-Speaking of off, trying to bolt an Axial trans to an Element skid takes more effort than it should. The 2 inner holes line up fine but the 2 outer holes do not. You can force it enough to get all 4 screws in but this is bad since it was designed for cross compatibility.

I'll see how things go from here but just scratching the surface of the kit makes it clear that buying an Element chassis would be the way to go if you want the IFS conversion to go smoothly.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:27 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Just got mine finished, took nearly 3 hours to sort it all out. Finally got it how I wanted it with max travel up front, and somewhat limited travel out back to match. Very cool kit, can't wait to get it out on the trail.
3 hours! That's the kind of stuff I don't have the patience for. Looks great though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
I got my kit and have been messing with it for a little bit and already can tell the Axial compatible wording should have a huge asterisk on it.

- The skidplate that runs from the bulkhead to the center skid doesn't fit an Axial skidplate correctly. The spacing on the lower link pockets are about 1.5 mm more narrow on the Element so the IFS skidplate mounting tabs get bent pretty badly if you force it on the Axial skid. This either requires grinding material off the Axial skid, grinding material off the IFS skid, or using an Element skid (which is not included in the IFS kit).

-Should you decided to use the Element skid with an Axial chassis, the 4 outer holes of the skid do not line up with the holes in the chassis. You can drill them out to match the chassis but it is super annoying that for all the cross compatibility designed into the Element, they made the skid holes 1.5 mm off.

-Speaking of off, trying to bolt an Axial trans to an Element skid takes more effort than it should. The 2 inner holes line up fine but the 2 outer holes do not. You can force it enough to get all 4 screws in but this is bad since it was designed for cross compatibility.

I'll see how things go from here but just scratching the surface of the kit makes it clear that buying an Element chassis would be the way to go if you want the IFS conversion to go smoothly.
Disappointing. Sounds like it was perfectly designed for the Element rigs, which makes sense, and then it can be made to work with the others. I wouldn't call that compatible though so I'm guessing Element is going to be hearing a lot of feedback from people that want a direct bolt onto the SCX10.

I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I'll sell mine. I'd buy an Enduro kit if their pumpkins weren't square. I have a major hangup there.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:38 AM   #170
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post

The following is directly off of their website. They don't advertise it as a direct bolt-on kit for Axial vehicles.

Quote:
The IFS Conversion can be easily installed on the Axial SCX10, SCX10ii, and SSD Trail King with a few additional parts. These parts can be printed at home via FREE-to-download stl files here OR purchased from our shapeways.com store.

This vehicle needs extra parts to make it operational. Click on the Specifications tab to see what extra equipment you'll need to use this conversion kit.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #171
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
The following is directly off of their website. They don't advertise it as a direct bolt-on kit for Axial vehicles.

The only STL files they provide are the servo mount, and left and right shock mounts. Those parts alone don't address all the issues svt pointed out.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:01 PM   #172
I wanna be Dave

Default A new Element uncovered? IFS Conversion for Enduro and SCX10

If you wanted to IFS and 1.9 a bomber with the Element Kit, it would be super easy. You would lose some ground clearance but just sayin’. A drill, drill bit and some 3mm screws. Provided lower skid looks almost perfect to mount up to the bomber skid. Even the angle of the front of the chassis adds a bit of caster. Rear wouldn’t be tough with some simple tools as well. I was going to build this IFRS but have changed my mind.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:27 AM   #173
Quarry Creeper

Where's the damn like button!
raul shabinguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:05 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
If you wanted to IFS and 1.9 a bomber with the Element Kit, it would be super easy. You would lose some ground clearance but just sayin’. A drill, drill bit and some 3mm screws. Provided lower skid looks almost perfect to mount up to the bomber skid. Even the angle of the front of the chassis adds a bit of caster. Rear wouldn’t be tough with some simple tools as well. I was going to build this IFRS but have changed my mind.
You make quick work of that. Very cool!
Old 03-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

This was my original plan, build up an IFRS bomber but I have decided to build a full tube chassis setup. But yah, it dang near bolts up to the Bomber chassis up front. Literally a drill, drill bit and some screws you could have it probably bolted up in 30 minutes or less.

A new Element uncovered? IFS Conversion for Enduro and SCX10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another element uncovered lilws6 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 56 03-29-2020 10:49 PM
Element enduro kit Supermotovinny Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 2 12-28-2019 01:48 PM
Looking for RS4/3 suspension for IFS/IRS SCX10 conversion.... ToTheMAXXcrawler General Crawlers 5 03-05-2013 07:12 PM