Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: shOyx Element Gladiator Build Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2020, 10:16 AM   #1

Default shOyx Element Gladiator Build Thread

Hello, I'm new into all this crawling thing, but I felt in love the minute I saw a few fellas driving at a park track here in Miami!

I've been into RC cars for a few months now, I'm not a pro but like build things and research a lot. It all started a few months ago with an XL5 Rustler which I then replace with an Arrma Kraton 6s v4, then a few weeks later I got an Arrma Infraction.

So after a lot of youtube videos and research, My options were RTR Axial SCX10 II, Redcat gen 8 and Element Enduro Sendero, then I said to my self, let's escalate to the next level I decided to get a Kit that lead me to get the Element Enduro Builder Kit.

Parts list:
  • Element Enduro Builder Kit
  • Hobbywing 1080 ESC
  • Holmes Hobbies CrawlMaster Sport 550 (15T)
  • Pro-Line Hyrax 1.9" (Predator)
  • Pro-Line 1.9" XL Dual Stage Foams
  • Pro-Line 2020 Jeep Gladiator
  • INJORA 1.9 Beadlock Wheels
  • 25kg DSservo

And here all started a few weeks ago.

I went with the 12% OD right away.

Axles Ready

Homemade last-minute Shock stand.

First and last wheel with so many screws

As everyone said, the angle of the driveshaft is insane.

Time for electronics

The Body, IDK what to say, I love Jeep, I love the gladiator but I dont love the Proline gladiator just because is waaaaay of scale, is narrow, and tiny, but we need to understand that they did that to make it fit on 12.3in :/, so let's move on.

All masked and ready for black paint

3 layers of black done.

Masking out and ready for white.

All backed with Silver.

Body 1/2 way trimmed and testing fitment.

Top film cut to match the black parts, planning to paint all black and then flat clear coat.

New parts came in
  • SSD Brass Knuckles
  • SSD Brass Rear Axle Weights
  • Samix Brass Hex (8mm)
  • Yeah Racing Front Stinger Bumper

I decided to go with a narrower bumper since tires were rubbing the previous one, but I still dont like this one :/.

Time for stickers

The body is to narrow and it hit the servo box so I decided to move it to the back and use one of the soft original braces as a mount.

A little bit of cable management

That flex xD, tires are rubbing the body a little bit.

I lifted the body but I think is too much

Next to my Axial SXT24

I hope you guys like it, I will love to hear any feedback and or suggestion to improve the performance and look of it. I still need to find a rear bumper that fits the body, and a roof led lightbar.

Last edited by shOyx; 02-24-2020 at 12:30 PM.
shOyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2020, 10:34 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: shOyx Element Gladiator Build Thread

Nice rig. Looks great! Look up Markham Park in Broward County. There is a great crawler course inside of Markham Park that we frequent that is amazing.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:34 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Looking good!
Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Nice rig. Looks great! Look up Markham Park in Broward County. There is a great crawler course inside of Markham Park that we frequent that is amazing.

I went there yesterday, love the place. and damn this thing can crawl! but was planning to do another post with images of a few other modifications I did, such as cutting the Floor Boards and sliders, I also added a few neodymium magnets to hold the body instead of the horrible clips and I lowered the body a little bit.

Old 02-24-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Very nice. Look forward to seeing you and your rig out there at Markham

Old 02-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #6

A few new mods I did to the truck.

I really didn't want to open holes to the body, so I decided to get neodymium magnets to hold it.

I got them from here these are a direct fit onto the body post and I glue them in with shoe goo.

Floor panels and sliders cut to fit the body.

I'm now waiting to get my IFS kit any time tomorrow

Last edited by shOyx; 02-27-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2020, 03:57 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I use the same magnets on my trucks. Makes for a cleaner look, plus I hate body clips. Put a piece of clear packing tape over the magnets on the body. It'll make it easier to pull the body off.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:44 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I just ordered some of those magnets. Thank you!
raul shabinguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
I use the same magnets on my trucks. Makes for a cleaner look, plus I hate body clips. Put a piece of clear packing tape over the magnets on the body. It'll make it easier to pull the body off.

Regarding that, the magnets came with a small rings of plastic in-between, so I place one on top of each magnet and it worked perfect.

Now that you mentioned packing tape, I did something with it while glueing the magnets. I will explain for people that is interested, so I glued the ones on the posts first and let them dry, then put a big piece of packing tape as an isolated layer and put another set of magnets on top and a dab of shoe goo on top of all that, then I place the body carefully and adjust the exact position I wanted to be and let it dry overnight with a heavy book on the roof xD, in the morning I removed the body, remove the tape and voila.

Last edited by shOyx; 02-27-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:53 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shOyx View Post
Regarding that, the magnets came with a small rings of plastic in-between, so I place one on top of each magnet and it worked perfect.

Now that you mentioned packing tape, I did something with it while glueing the magnets. I will explain for people that is interested, so I glued the ones on the posts first and let them dry, then put a big piece of packing tape as an isolated layer and put another set of magnets on top and a dab of shoe goo on top of all that, then I place the body carefully and adjust the exact position I wanted to be and let it dry overnight with a heavy book on the roof xD, in the morning I removed the body, remove the tape and voila.

Mine also came with the same plastic rings. I thought about doing the same thing, but didn't. Oh well.

Old 02-28-2020, 09:16 AM   #11

Great looking build! Nice work.

Welcome to the site. You started off with a bang with this good build thread. Stick around!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Great looking build! Nice work.

Welcome to the site. You started off with a bang with this good build thread. Stick around!
Thanks, I'm still in the hunt of the right bumpers for this body but nothing fit as I want, I'm starting to learn about bracing and I think I will give it a try and make my own bumpers and sliders

I'm considering changing the tires to Hyrax Class 1 4.19 OD for a better fit.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #13
Go Buckeyes!

Nice build!

I just got the chance to read thru your build thread. Great job! I think out of the 3 rig options you had, you picked the right one. The Element is a great rig!

I agree that the Gladiator body looks a little off, but you did a great job on the paint and it looks good on the chassis.

Nice magnet mounts. It does make for a cleaner look without having the body clips showing. I have not done the magnet mounts to my rigs yet, but I think I should try it on one of them.

I was going to suggest to lower the body some, but looks like you are already in the process of doing that. The bad thing with dropping the body is you'll probably have to trim some of the body to do that.

I don't think I have seen the class 1 Hyrax used with this body yet, but it may fit the body better and require less trimming.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 04:06 PM   #14

And the IFS kit has arrived!

shOyx Element Gladiator Build Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Element RC Enduro Sendero Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon kit build Jim85IROC Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 9 02-16-2020 10:06 AM
My Element build madesicc251 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 1 11-17-2019 08:47 PM
1/6 sacale Jeep Gladiator build. Norton Large Scale Rigs 174 05-20-2016 11:48 AM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
1/6th Jeep Gladiator Build 4xFord Chit Chat 4 04-03-2008 02:25 AM