Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: Trailwalker is in the Garage!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Trailwalker is in the Garage!

First RTR and its looks awesome and love the 1.55 wheels on it. Charged my first ever lipo 2s tonight and drove it around the house. Got alot of work to do as parts are on the way. Got do the gorilla tape mods in a few places, build the fenders and install some hard parts to strengthen the chassis. Pictures coming soon. This forum is gonna be bad for my wallet!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
NCRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2020, 07:19 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Trailwalker is in the Garage!

Have fun! Welcome to the Element family!
Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Last edited by NCRon; 04-24-2020 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:46 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Well I am still waiting on parts but I did manage to tuck the front bumper in as much as possible. I am a true newbie to all this RC stuff so bare with me on my beginner questions. I took it outside today for the first time and did some running around in the yard. Set up some bricks to try the climbing and one on the beadlocks came loose so I had to cut the run short. Never worked on tires before so i managed to get that fixed, well I hope so anyway. Now I have to get the proper tools and try to find a way to install the bumper I have coming as well as doing the transmission overdrive upgrade. Man I got so much to learn about all this, all the posts on here amaze me at the skill everyone has. Looking to do all I can to this rig to make it the best trail truck it can before jumping on a another rig.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #5

Nice truck dude..don't worry about asking questions, we all had to start from somewhere. Where in NC are you located? I'm in Greenville..
DarthBacon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Agree, we all gotta start somewhere. Study the manual. Don't be afraid to tinker. Overall, these are rather simplistic designs. These forums can be very informative. Ask away!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
ebbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I'm fairly new to the hobby as well. Just make sure to read up on others' threads when you can and glean some knowledge off of the cool folks here. There's a lot of info floating around here that's great for beginners.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:23 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I am located outside Kings Mountain, and I have been reviewing all the threads over and over. Even before I ordered the Trailwalker. I built a kit version of the Barrage Gen 2 right after they come out, really enjoyed building and painting it. Just have not done any upgrades at all to it. It was a good primer on building but nothing like I want to get involved in. I wanted to buy the Builders kit, but the price of the Trailwalker RTR got me interested when it went down. Also never run Lipos in the Barrage or the airplanes I flew 25 years ago. One thing is for sure, I enjoy the tinkering and building as a stress relief from my day job. Do not have a lot of time to run the trucks due to work, but building is what I am interested in the most. I appreciate all the help and encouragement. Took out the all silver parts tonight to due the flat black treatment and looking forward to the other parts arriving soon.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:17 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

One question I have though is the touchy fast reverse. I have read on here that the fix is to swap the motor leads? Is it that simple? I might try that as the motor wires are too close to the battery as is anyway.
Old 04-28-2020, 06:21 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

So I tried this method, reverse the motor lead wires and then use the switch on the controller marked "TH" at the top right and switch it from "R" to "N" (reverse to normal). The only thing I've found is...this makes you have twitchy forward drive LOL.
Old 04-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

Well a beginner gets beginner results.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:02 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Looks damn good! Kinda wish I'd taken the time to paint my bed.

Old 04-29-2020, 07:26 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Well I learned a few things about the tape I used and being in a hurry didn't help. Guess it will have to do for a first attempt. I know its going to get scratches pretty soon and paint will come off. Trying to figure out now why the dang tire keeps coming off!!! I know these are cheap wheels but I guess I will have to resort to gluing it on? Are they glued on the RTR Trailwalker tires as they come?
Old 04-29-2020, 08:21 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

The wheels are beadlocks. No gluing required. You might have to take it apart and reseat the bead.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:38 AM   #15

It looks good! Paint is the worst/hardest part of the hobby IMO.

And yes, this hobby and this forum are bad for the bank account, but what good is life without fun?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:01 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Your right there, and I need some with job stress I have!

Last edited by NCRon; 05-01-2020 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:23 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Forgot to say that the troublesome wheel does not have an inner ring in it? Just front and back part no inner ring. That's why I give up and used shoe goo as I figured nothing would get to seal without an inner ring? Thought about calling Horizon support to see about replacement wheel.

Last edited by NCRon; 05-01-2020 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:53 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

go to AE website in the upper right corner you will see 3 lines click on that, than click on support. You will then see in the middle of that page a drop down bar that shows contact & Support tab, click on that and in the drop down you will see it says Repair warranty service , RMA click on that, you type in your problem upload your receipt if you have it and they are super fast about getting back to you. If the wheel was no inner ring I would take a picture of that and also sent it to them. They will most likely send you a new wheel. I had a problem with my servo going south in a couple weeks of using and they sent me a replacement pretty quick. Good Customer service. Hope this helps.
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:59 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRon View Post
Forgot to say that the troublesome wheel does not have an inner ring in it? Just front and back part no inner ring. That's why I give up and used shoe goo as I figured nothing would get to seal without an inner ring? Thought about calling Horizon support to see about replacement wheel.
Ron, I have the set of gray wheels I took off my Trailwalker. PM me your address and I'll send you my set. I really will not be using them any longer.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:43 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

I have the Sendero and have had a few issues with the tire pulling out of the beadlock a few times. Right now it hasn't been too often to annoy me too much. I also upgraded to metal wheel weights behind the plastic rims and new lug bolts to hold it all together. My hope is that with the bolt going through to a metal back maybe things will stay tighter longer. I'm wondering if with everything on the rims being plastic if things were loosening up. *shrugs*

Liking the black trim detail!

Trailwalker is in the Garage! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stock Trailwalker and upgrades Milby76 Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 17 05-02-2020 06:38 PM
New guy element trailwalker help Thedesertplumber Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 16 04-22-2020 11:11 AM
Element Trailwalker jeeptec General Crawlers 7 12-26-2019 07:00 AM
Enduro Sendero vs Trailwalker jeeptec General Crawlers 3 12-20-2019 03:48 PM