Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: New Element Truck coming?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2021, 05:47 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New Element Truck coming?

I think this rig should perform well...

The gatekeeper is ok in stock form, but the heavy cage and narrow width makes it tip happy. The lexan body should weigh a fraction of what the gatekeeper cage does, and as long as the chassis is braced well, it should work.

Last edited by Maxx_Action; 05-16-2021 at 05:59 AM.
Maxx_Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I like the tire and wheel combo, does that count?
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:25 AM   #23
Go Buckeyes!

Well, that's not what I thought would be released!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:28 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
It's basically the Gatekeeper with a Lexan body. I'll probably pick up the clear body when it comes out.
What he said
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:20 PM   #25
Gold Star Baby!

This release certainly didn’t blow me away but I’m a little thrown off by the reception of this vehicle. Largely because of the feedback that it’s the same truck with a body change. Which aside from the gatekeeper, has been the element RC modus operandi all along.

I’m thinking this could be element rc’s best climber out of the box, based on the wheelbase and the lighter body. My biggest gripe about the gatekeeper was the cage sitting on top of the rails.

A gatekeeper with an IFS front would be a cool rtr for them to sell though, maybe for one of their next trucks.

I think the reception could have been better if they didn’t just stick it out there just looking like a whole banana. Some decals, even just the element one that’s on the box, would have helped. It’s kind of hard to see anything but the big yellow cab, a different color may have helped too.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:35 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Not using a backing color always leaves a body looking like a toy or just not good lol. They definitely could have presented a nicer version of this.

I'm not disappointed but I also want expecting anything. Seems like an average crawler release to me, same old platform with a new body.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:42 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
Seems like an average crawler release to me, same old platform with a new body.
Yep. Their timing was terrible too since Traxxas just did the exact same thing except 1000 times better with the new Bronco body.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

I don’t really care for the discount power wagon body. To bad they didn’t make a crawler version of the trophy rat. Speaking of trophy rat, it even reminds me of Dezfan’s Minion build, just not as well done.

Do we know if the wheel base is still 12.8” or is it 12.3”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:08 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

I think my biggest issue isn't that it's basically just a GK with a new body, but that the body is basically a knockoff of a Powerwagon/Creep. If all you're going to give us is a new body, at least do something outside the box, lol...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
JSterrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I didn't expect much from this release. It is 12.8" wheelbase, and the RTR paintjob on the body looks terrible.

If there is one thing I have learned with Element's bodies though, is that they actually turn out pretty nice if you paint a clear body up yourself. It's just the RTR paintjobs that ruin them.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:14 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Yep. Their timing was terrible too since Traxxas just did the exact same thing except 1000 times better with the new Bronco body.
...exactly my thoughts.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:13 AM   #32
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I didn't expect much from this release. It is 12.8" wheelbase, and the RTR paintjob on the body looks terrible.

If there is one thing I have learned with Element's bodies though, is that they actually turn out pretty nice if you paint a clear body up yourself. It's just the RTR paintjobs that ruin them.
My thoughts exactly! The bodies never really looked that good to me until I saw them painted with different paint colors and schemes. And a little detail and weathering really sets them off! These bodies can look nice with a bit of work.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:42 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Ok, well, sure. Nothing to get excited about. Umm, hmm. Yeah, like Topher said, with the wheelbase, and light body, it should perform well relative to the other Element releases.

The body styling follows what was popular around the time they would have been discussing and planning tooling for this release.

It sounds like several people were interested in an IFS / trailing arm truck, so maybe that will be next. After that, I'm not sure what else Element could try to do with the Enduro. Maybe portal axles. I'm not sure if they would try to adapt the Enduro platform to portals, or save that for an "all new" platform.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:47 PM   #34
RCC Addict

Well darn. My older son was reeeaaalllyyy hoping it'd be an IFS/TA kit so he could have an easy start to a prerunner-esque truck (with the PL Ranger body) but it looks like he'll either need to piece together his own or keep waiting in hopes that they release what he was looking for.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 02:43 PM   #35
Slow is the new Fast

I see the potential For Ekto to look quite cool with some tube work. Myself, I am not burned out on seeing power wagon bodies as many claim to be. Ekto will find it’s way here, but not as an RTR.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:46 AM   #36
Go Buckeyes!

Well, after watching the new video of the Ecto that Element released yesterday on YT, I think I'm kinda liking it. It doesn't look to bad out crawling on the rocks. I do think it would look great in a different color and with some weathering done to it. Also think lowering the body a little may help the looks too.

If I don't pick this RTR up, I will pickup a clear body when they become available and see what I can do with it.
Old 05-18-2021, 10:17 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

This body absolutely has potential, only it's hidden by the yellow RTR paint job showing from the interior and sparse decals on the side.

All chassis discussion aside, if this thing had their Trophy Rat weathered paint job as an RTR, I bet the opinions would be somewhat different.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by soze; 05-18-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-18-2021, 02:51 PM   #38
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
This body absolutely has potential, only it's hidden by the yellow RTR paint job showing from the interior and sparse decals on the side.

All chassis discussion aside, if this thing had their Trophy Rat weathered paint job as an RTR, I bet the opinions would be somewhat different.
undoubtedly this is true. If this were a kit I would happily drop the coin tomorrow and make my own pos rusty rat out of it
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:13 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

So the only difference between this and the HD is the body and trailing arms? Is the wheelbase the same as the HD?
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 04:23 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
So the only difference between this and the HD is the body and trailing arms? Is the wheelbase the same as the HD?
12.8 vs 12.3 wheelbase
GKS adjustable panhard mount
GKS rear sway bar
GKS Shock mount inserts and shock hoops
5-slot 14-turn brushed 550 instead of the 5-slot 16t brushed 540.

I think that's it, but I'll know for sure when I crawl with the guy that has one. He was supposedly doing some pretty impressive lines at Deadman's crawl bone stock.

New Element Truck coming? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Truck Options: Element RC, Gen8 or Deadbolt and Why? Spacefeeak1974 General Crawlers 33 03-29-2020 06:47 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR - Now In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-24-2019 05:03 PM
Coming Soon - New Parts & Upgrades for Element RC Enduro RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-24-2019 04:19 PM
Pre-Order Now - Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-20-2019 10:11 AM