Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: New Element Truck coming?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2021, 04:35 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New Element Truck coming?

The Ecto is 12.8? Also what does GKS mean? I have been out of the crawler game a while now been bashing with ARRMA. Last crawler I had was the honcho. Been also looking at the Gmade gs02f Bom kit really looks interesting and I really like the building. Just not sure,I know from experience that Associated makes quality rigs. Thanks for your help
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2021, 04:38 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
The Ecto is 12.8? Also what does GKS mean? I have been out of the crawler game a while now been bashing with ARRMA. Last crawler I had was the honcho. Been also looking at the Gmade gs02f Bom kit really looks interesting and I really like the building. Just not sure,I know from experience that Associated makes quality rigs. Thanks for your help
It's just the suspension features of their Gatekeeper rig.

I have not built my GS02F Buffalo yet, but I'm sure it'll be a fine rig.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:58 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar man View Post
So the only difference between this and the HD is the body and trailing arms? Is the wheelbase the same as the HD?
It basically the gatekeeper, just without the cage. N it has the black plastics instead of the grey
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 06:14 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

The grey plastic are the stronger of the two?
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 03:35 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Yes, the grey is stronger. But it was mentioned, i believe by josh on SNU, that the black plastic has been updated to a lil better quality than previous
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:47 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Any closeups of the shock towers? They talk about more adjustability. Thinking add them to my TrailWalker.
SloDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 05:17 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Take a look at the Gatekeeper. The fronts would fit on both the front and rear of the trailwalker. If you go that route, you’ll need the panhard mount, which will require holes to be drilled in the frame on the left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 10:24 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

I wonder if you could drop this body onto a Gatekeeper? Seems likely so.

s
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:26 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_Action View Post
I think this rig should perform well...

The gatekeeper is ok in stock form, but the heavy cage and narrow width makes it tip happy. The lexan body should weigh a fraction of what the gatekeeper cage does, and as long as the chassis is braced well, it should work.
Why would the chassis need to be braced? Isn't just a regular Enduro chassis?
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:43 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUMB View Post
Why would the chassis need to be braced? Isn't just a regular Enduro chassis?

Lots of flex in the enduro chassis in stock form.

On the gatekeeper, the cage actually serves to give the rig more rigidity. I made a brace for the front towers on mine, and I can hear the chassis creak when it's flexing hard.

Aluminum bracing front to back, aluminum towers, and bracing between the towers eliminates a lot of it.
Maxx_Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 01:52 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Lots of flex in the enduro chassis in stock form.

On the gatekeeper, the cage actually serves to give the rig more rigidity. I made a brace for the front towers on mine, and I can hear the chassis creak when it's flexing hard.

Aluminum bracing front to back, aluminum towers, and bracing between the towers eliminates a lot of it.
I see....Sometime I don't mind flex in a crawler chassis.
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:35 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNUMB View Post
I see....Sometime I don't mind flex in a crawler chassis.
Something about the light weight and slight flexibility in the Element makes it a pretty capable rig out of the box - I have a whole box full of upgrades (nearly all the hard plastics, Samix longitudinal aluminum battery/electronics tray and bumper/servo mount, etc) that have just been sitting unused 'til I get bored and want to try it all changed up...

I suppose whenever I get done modifying and painting the body I have for it I'll also do the rest.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 05:47 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

I've never understood this fixation on making a chassis completely rigid. The OG SCX10 was an absolute wet noodle and it did pretty good. Some race cars will actually design in flex into the chassis (dirt oval comes to mind). Even my carbon fiber Sherpa chassis has some flex to it.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 07:52 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I've never understood this fixation on making a chassis completely rigid. The OG SCX10 was an absolute wet noodle and it did pretty good. Some race cars will actually design in flex into the chassis (dirt oval comes to mind). Even my carbon fiber Sherpa chassis has some flex to it.

I actually agree about the chassis rigidity fixation - I ordered some of the stiffer gray stuff for my Element and as I was installing it I started wondering quite what the point is. Usually chassis stiffness is a goal to shift the dynamic "work" to the suspension, mostly for predictability and feel. But for something lower speed like a crawler (especially one we're not actually driving), I'm not quite sure why it matters whether a few extra degrees of twist come from the chassis vs all from the axles. For the same reason I wonder if all of the attention paid to bump steer might be a bit excessive too?

Last edited by mash914; 05-21-2021 at 07:54 PM.
mash914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:40 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash914 View Post
For the same reason I wonder if all of the attention paid to bump steer might be a bit excessive too?

I think thats probably the case, though I have had one instance where I re-assembled my Gen 8 front end with a link on top of the knuckle instead of below (or vice versa).
I was testing on a ramp that requires a little bit of run up, it drove straight until it hit the ramp then it veered off to the right quite a bit. I struggled to understand for a bit and kept trying and failing.

I have a feeling this was extremely bad geometry, like on the far end of the spectrum. Most bump steer that we typically see likely isn't this extreme though.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 05-21-2021 at 08:43 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:24 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

The theory is that if you want the suspension to work to the best of it's ability, the chassis should be as rigid as possible. Even with bracing, the thin metal of a c channel chassis is going to flex some, but to get the best bite on all four corners, from what I understand, you want the chassis to be as rigid as possible.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:37 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

I understand the theory, I just dont fully agree with it.

If a bit of chassis flex is making it so your suspension isnt working its best adjust it or get something better. Suspension has flex, chassis has flex, I dont see that as a conflict at all.

1:1's do a fair bit of chassis flexing too so at least we're keeping it real lol

okay sorry to derail the thread carry on

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 05-21-2021 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:52 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I understand the theory, I just dont fully agree with it.

If a bit of chassis flex is making it so your suspension isnt working its best adjust it or get something better. Suspension has flex, chassis has flex, I dont see that as a conflict at all.

1:1's do a fair bit of chassis flexing too so at least we're keeping it real lol

okay sorry to derail the thread carry on
I'm a total newb when it comes to RC crawlers, so I have no clue if it's worth the effort.

However, on my 1:1 car, 300zx TT, chassis bracing, and filling the chassis rails, and body spaces with foam made it feel like a different car when being pushed hard on twisty roads.
Old 05-25-2021, 07:17 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I'm a total newb when it comes to RC crawlers, so I have no clue if it's worth the effort.

However, on my 1:1 car, 300zx TT, chassis bracing, and filling the chassis rails, and body spaces with foam made it feel like a different car when being pushed hard on twisty roads.
Some of that flex is useful for absorbing energies which might otherwise break parts. It's a balancing act finding the right amount, but the right amount is definitely not "none".
SurlyBurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 03:41 PM   #60
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
I wonder if you could drop this body onto a Gatekeeper? Seems likely so.

s
All you should need is body posts
smog is offline   Reply With Quote

New Element Truck coming? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2nd Truck Options: Element RC, Gen8 or Deadbolt and Why? Spacefeeak1974 General Crawlers 33 03-29-2020 06:47 PM
Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR - Now In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-24-2019 05:03 PM
Coming Soon - New Parts & Upgrades for Element RC Enduro RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-24-2019 04:19 PM
Pre-Order Now - Element RC Enduro Sendero Trail Truck RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-20-2019 10:11 AM