Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero

Notices

Thread: KnightRunner Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2021, 11:36 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default KnightRunner Build

Hey guys! I just picked up a KnightRunner kit. I'm a current TRX4 owner and this is my first Element crawler. I ordered some metal skid plates for the front and I'll probably be swapping out the electronics soon. Any other mods you guys recommend for this chassis?

by
Scale Build is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: KnightRunner Build

Went out for the first run with the KnightRunner. I'm very impressed with this thing! It performed much better than I expected. It's a completely different experience than the TRX4, and to be honest, I think I prefer the smaller wheels!

Old 09-12-2021, 04:37 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I really like these things, and I wouldn’t mind getting one of my own.

I know bowhouse makes some upgrades for the steering, but I can’t tell you if they are necessary or not as I’ve never owned the element ifs.

The electronics can definitely use some help though, and I’d suggest swapping in the 11% o/d trans gears. Other than that, before too long you will want to replace the stock single stage foams with some good crawler innovations lil novas.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the general grabbers worked on my trailwalkers, and I really like the wheel they made for the knight runner.

And don’t forget the 3D printable detail parts available from knight customs, this thing is prime for the small details.
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:27 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I would strongly suggest getting the bowhouse rc steering parts for the ifs. The parts fix the bump steer and will upgrade everything to aluminum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:35 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
I really like these things, and I wouldn’t mind getting one of my own.

I know bowhouse makes some upgrades for the steering, but I can’t tell you if they are necessary or not as I’ve never owned the element ifs.

The electronics can definitely use some help though, and I’d suggest swapping in the 11% o/d trans gears. Other than that, before too long you will want to replace the stock single stage foams with some good crawler innovations lil novas.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the general grabbers worked on my trailwalkers, and I really like the wheel they made for the knight runner.

And don’t forget the 3D printable detail parts available from knight customs, this thing is prime for the small details.

Yeh, I wasn't too pleased that there was no kit available. Forces you to buy these Reedy electronics lol. I'm probably going to run the same setup in here as my TRX4 - HW 1080ESC and CrawlMaster Sport 550 12T.

I felt the same way about the tires. After only dealing with 1.9" tires, I didn't think these Grabbers would do well at all. I was surprised with their grip!

I can't stand these headlight decals, but i'm holding off on the grille and headlight buckets until I can get a clear body to paint myself (not a fan of the gunmetal lol).
Old 09-12-2021, 05:39 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0bra View Post
I would strongly suggest getting the bowhouse rc steering parts for the ifs. The parts fix the bump steer and will upgrade everything to aluminum

Would it be these parts?

https://bowhouserc.com/n2r-aluminum-...nt-enduro-ifs/

https://bowhouserc.com/n2r-steering-...enduro-ifs-v2/
Old 09-15-2021, 06:54 AM   #7
Go Buckeyes!

First of all, congrats on getting your first Element Enduro! These are great rigs and they perform well! I'm hoping to pick up the Knightrunner for myself soon!

The Bowhouse parts listed above are the parts you need to fix the steering. I have installed these parts on my Trailwalker with IFS and they take the slop out of the steering and elimates any bump steer that you may have. You can take a look at my Trailwalker build here (B-MOW's IFS Trailwalker) to see how I installed the Bowhouse steering parts.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:40 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Make sure to install the included bump stops on the v2 of the steering system. It is possible to hyperextend the steering without them.

Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:57 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll have to order those steering parts ASAP. I was also thinking about throwing some 4.19" tires on this truck. Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards the RC4WD Goodyear Wrangler MT/R. Are these any good? Will they rub given the larger size?

I've also ordered the metal skid plate set from artfuldodger. I've been waiting ages for it to arrive from Poland. Will I still be able to use it if I swap to the BowHouse parts?

Last edited by Scale Build; 09-21-2021 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2021, 12:36 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

I finally finished the KnightRunner body. I'm just waiting to pick out and add a few more scale things. I'd also like to upgrade the servo, any recommendations?

by

Old 11-14-2021, 01:37 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I would go do n to 1.55 wheels if you could and get the 1.55 Proline super swampers.
mulchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 11:28 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

These wheels are 1.55" RC4WD wheels. I'm thinking about a set of pitbull rock beasts. I think they come out to a 4" outer diameter.

KnightRunner Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
c0bra builds a knightrunner c0bra Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 11 10-15-2021 08:54 AM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 10:26 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 12:42 AM
RcBros LCC Build, Hi-Res pics & More Build!! RcBro Team Losi Comp Crawler 30 06-03-2009 07:26 PM