Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: rockbound's if you cant beat em, join em build..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbound View Post
whats a matter, you scared true driving talent will finally prevail, since im not limited by inferior chassis design's anymore??

Didn't YOU design and build your last chassis ?????
vn1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

well do you think you are ready for Sunday CJ ?? you might need new by then with all the testing going on...
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:09 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

I hope he's ready for Sunday. This time when I beat him, I won't have to hear the excuses about his old, busted rig.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vn1500 View Post
Didn't YOU design and build your last chassis ?????
i did, but the geometry was all screwed up on it, by no means am i a "chassis designer" i just liked to mess around and really liked tubers, all my links were a different length mounted in different spots on chassis, and no adjustment at all. i am man enough to own up to my chassis being inferior..

it worked, but it doesn't work nearly as well as this moon buggy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboy_347 View Post
well do you think you are ready for Sunday CJ ?? you might need new by then with all the testing going on...
yeah she is pretty dialed in, i think i will run another pack or 2 today just to get used to it a little more before the comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
I hope he's ready for Sunday. This time when I beat him, I won't have to hear the excuses about his old, busted rig.
keep talking..

Last edited by rockbound; 05-14-2010 at 08:31 AM.
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:06 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post

we all know now how has a target on his back....
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #66
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbound View Post
i did, but the geometry was all screwed up on it, by no means am i a "chassis designer" i just liked to mess around and really liked tubers, all my links were a different length mounted in different spots on chassis, and no adjustment at all. i am man enough to own up to my chassis being inferior..

it worked, but it doesn't work nearly as well as this moon buggy.

yeah she is pretty dialed in, i think i will run another pack or 2 today just to get used to it a little more before the comp.

keep talking..
At ECC I thought to myself......."Who in the hell is running that tuber?"

Then I saw you walk over and pick it up.

ECC was the last run or my old KK Zero 3.5..........picked me up a Moonbuggy as well there. Been running it ever since and love it.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
At ECC I thought to myself......."Who in the hell is running that tuber?"

Then I saw you walk over and pick it up.

ECC was the last run or my old KK Zero 3.5..........picked me up a Moonbuggy as well there. Been running it ever since and love it.
yeah it was past its prime..lol

well i had my first comp with the new truck and overall i must say im pretty pleased with how i did, got 9th at battlegrounds. should have done better, but made a few really stupid mistakes..but with as great as everyone else ahead of me drove and how hard the courses were and the fact that it was my first run with the new rig, i am pleased.

i did do some tweaking after the event was over. i removed the spacers between the upper links at the axle front and rear, i plan on moving my upper rear links further in the chassis, and i also plan on goig with the 3.5" shocks all the way around.

i think the way my links were mounted it was limiting the flex with the 3.5" shocks. i will find out for sure when i get my shocks back from lewis.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Awesome work this weekend! It's great to be such good friends with my arch enemy
Your rigs' amazing

Thanks for all the pics and vids!! (even if you only got my worst run)

See ya in a few weeks
nitrojeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrojeff View Post
Awesome work this weekend! It's great to be such good friends with my arch enemy
Your rigs' amazing

Thanks for all the pics and vids!! (even if you only got my worst run)

See ya in a few weeks
lol ill get ya next time good will prevail over evil.. wait we both went to the darkside

thanks, yours too!

no problem (never good enough?? just like a women!! )

cant wait!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Ha.
nitrojeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

So which shock setup did you keep? How did it treat you at BG?

I put the 3.5's back on for another try with the right springs and oil and I like them a lot except for the belly clearance.

I am thinking about trying your 3.5" / 4" combo pack
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
So which shock setup did you keep? How did it treat you at BG?

I put the 3.5's back on for another try with the right springs and oil and I like them a lot except for the belly clearance.

I am thinking about trying your 3.5" / 4" combo pack
i went with the combo, 3.5" front and 4" rear. it worked well, i felt comfortable driving it, but i could notice some of the other trucks running 3.5" all the way around working just as good, and being more stable, especially on the steep down hill stuff, and side hill stuff.

as mike "rockshow" told me at the event "you can over tune one of these, you set it up to do all this crazy stuff when practicing, but at an event you never have anything like the situation you practiced on"

i think i may have done that, i was so focused on hopping up ridiculous vert stuff and not tuning for overall performance.

i was checking out some other peoples trucks and noticed alot of them running 3.5" shocks all around had the same articulation and ground clearence as mine. pretty sure it had to do with the placement/spacing of the upper links and shocks. I let my buddy borrow my other set of 3.5" shocks for the event, so when i get them back i am going to do some more tinkering with set up.

also got screwed alot from my steering for the first time, so....the front axle is pulled and ready to ship to 86jeep
Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #73
WNYRCRC

Your rig looked pretty good CJ. I was trying 4" all the way around. Not good . Also white springs were a little stiff. I got the 3.5" shocks on now. Msr 11 . What springs were you running at Battlegrounds. I have the losi gold on the rear. Thanks .
Raceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceaholic View Post
Your rig looked pretty good CJ. I was trying 4" all the way around. Not good . Also white springs were a little stiff. I got the 3.5" shocks on now. Msr 11 . What springs were you running at Battlegrounds. I have the losi gold on the rear. Thanks .
thanks. losi golds all around.