Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Dlux "kit" car

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2016, 03:58 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Dlux "kit" car

My question with going Berg is just one:
How about gears?
I know Erik's is looking to have some news soon about that so I guess I'll wait and see.
The RC4WD seemed to be a great deal but are now discontinued...
I just looks to me that it's the only missing part of the puzzle to make it affordable.

Like always, great job Erik in your efforts to bring more people to the sport!
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2016, 04:01 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
I already have gears on the way. Should just be a couple more weeks I am told. Thanks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkill View Post
My question with going Berg is just one:
How about gears?
I know Erik's is looking to have some news soon about that so I guess I'll wait and see.
The RC4WD seemed to be a great deal but are now discontinued...
I just looks to me that it's the only missing part of the puzzle to make it affordable.

Like always, great job Erik in your efforts to bring more people to the sport!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #23
RCC Addict

are those top screws on the knuckles backed out for a reason?
or am I seeing things not there?
the front springs look to be almost fully compressed, is this the plan?
turnbuckles for suspension links? cute. left hand thread on one end?
3mm or 4mm thread size on those links?
to use wheel weights we would need to change out the knuckles?
are those plastic or aluminum c-hubs?
do these have your new lockers and axial unis in them?

we need bearings, gears, shafts and pins, to complete the internals?
is there a servo mount included?

with fairly good motors, esc, servo, wheels, tires, knuckles, plus the bearings we are looking at close to 1000.00 bucks
but it will be all high end components.

would complete axles be available without the chassis and links?
and at what price?
be nice to see variety of crawlers out there on the rocks besides dlux chassis.

still this is a big step to give us more options in this hobby. the best wishes for you eric.
I would be proud to have one or two of them.

Last edited by cabron; 06-16-2016 at 08:04 PM.
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:08 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

Axles are already available...

Dlux axles. Revised and lower cost!
xkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:28 AM   #25
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
If your target is for the newcomer than I think it would have to be assembled to make them want to buy one. You'll get way less emails asking what goes where if all they have to do is open a box and see a assembled car.
I agree. Assembled will be an option. I really dont want to confuse the whole deal with many options but I think if the options were obvious, like assembly, it should keep it simple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon boy View Post
The assembly would drive the price up tho! Make a video of how to assemble it and post it on utube. Save cost. I agree artr is appealing. Or charge an assembly fee.

149 r/c worx team driver
Youtube video is a great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebecher View Post
This is awesome Erik! I'm about ready to jump into the comp world so I'll definitely be in the market for one of these.

Speaking strictly from my personal experience, I don't know how many NEW people this kit will bring into the hobby. Having no prior R/C experience myself when I bought my first rig, I was looking at versatile, mainstream offerings that resemble a scale vehicle, so I went with a Wraith. Even if your kit had been on the market at that time and even if it was at the same price point, it would not have swayed my decision.

That being said, I do think this is the perfect intro to COMP crawling for somebody who has scaler experience or is getting back into the hobby. Those people should already know what a comp crawler costs to build so to offer a kit at the $500-$600 price point is huge. People with experience probably also have their favorite electronics and tire/foam combos so I don't see a lot of value in including them. Wheels and gears would be nice options since they're more niche items.

I know that locally, a lot of people got out of comp crawling due to the cost. It was impossible for people who could only afford a modded XR10 to compete against one or two guys who could spend $2,000 a custom built rig. I think this kit levels the playing field and I hope it brings back some of the old timers. Great work!
Just with coming out with the axles that are complete and simplifying them and now with this post, I have had a handful of NEW people interested in buying some. It may or may not grow the hobby but its hope. Getting people that are already into the hobby interested spreads the word and thats what we really need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
This is just what i been looking for. An easy and affordable way into comp crawling. Optional electronics kit would be nice. Not high end, but functional electronics kit.
I am thinking options will be in order. Here is my plan so far:
Tire/wheel/foam package
ESC/Servo/Bec/motor (electronics package)
Assembly

Does anybody have suggestions for ESC and Servo options? I know I have what I like in my car and wouldn't switch but what about following the theme where you get something that is good enough to work but not top of the line?

BR mini is about $70, is there an ESC that works good enough and it cheaper than that?

What about cheaper servos? I have zero experience with anything but Hitec. Is there something decently cheaper than Hitec and still works good enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicklet View Post
Many many kudos Erik for what you are continuing to do for our hobby! I think this "kit" will be a very easy and attractive way for new guys and hopefully gals to step into a Pro/2.2M rig. I wish this was offered when I started many years ago.

How much did the XR10 kits cost? I think $300 or so? You end up throwing everything away except for the axles, axle cases and a few plastic pieces here and there anyways. Buying all the upgraded parts in the beginning...SWEET!

I can see where the confusion comes into play especially for people who are not familiar with comp rigs. Like snapon boy suggested, a short guide could help explain what the rig needs in order to run. I would assume most of the guys who want a Pro rig have some sort of knowledge on wiring/soldering/dual esc/rx/tx/bec? Maybe, maybe not. Or a Q&A thread on everything dlux would help with your PM/email load. Some of us that are familiar with your products or general questions could help answer questions. I know I'd help
Right now, I am thinking of starting a group on Facebook for Dlux parts. There is and always has been enough support from people that are willing to help. The people who buy the parts just need to be willing to research and ask questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Kev View Post
Since you offer a complete car now, shouldn't you get your own sub-section on the forum?
Yeah, right after we get the comp forums all figured out and named correctly. I think I have lost faith in this website. Need to fully transition over to FaceBook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabron View Post
are those top screws on the knuckles backed out for a reason?
or am I seeing things not there?
the front springs look to be almost fully compressed, is this the plan?
turnbuckles for suspension links? cute. left hand thread on one end?
3mm or 4mm thread size on those links?
to use wheel weights we would need to change out the knuckles?
are those plastic or aluminum c-hubs?
do these have your new lockers and axial unis in them?

we need bearings, gears, shafts and pins, to complete the internals?
is there a servo mount included?

would complete axles be available without the chassis and links?
and at what price?
I think this should answer the first part of your post:

Quote:

Please understand that this car shown in the pictures is not complete. Its just something I slapped together to show a example. Lots of details missing but hopefully you get the point.
Below should answer the second half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkill View Post
Axles are already available...

Dlux axles. Revised and lower cost!

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 06-17-2016 at 07:31 AM.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:46 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Maybe HH would jump on board?
I just checked..
13t experts, dual smashed BR's, and a servo, 350$ shipped..
Add a bec, battery plugs, waterproof, as needed..
Old 06-17-2016, 09:12 AM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by roksloski View Post
where were you lookin

smashed br mini's
2 crawler masters
bes
servo = 464.45 i just checked
different motors might be 40 bucks less
so over 400 bucks
In the Combo section..
Here's everything.. 365$
Old 06-17-2016, 09:37 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I agree, I think a $500 car would be great.

Berg gears are going to cost. It could be what "kills" people from getting into them but it is what keeps the best axles "alive" when you own them.

There could be a bit more cost in these than the new guy wants to spend but maybe, just maybe it could keep people involved when they can simply drive a car for hours with no upgrades or repairs? I can see it go both ways for sure.
in red... this is true. it was hard for me to find any berg gears stock or aftermarket until I contacted an old friend (farmer) and he was glad to send me 3 sets less 1 locker and one extra 3rd gear.

if there is some pool full of berg gears out there in somebodys garage.. they need to let them go

otherwise I don't know if there are any redcat? or exceed rc? moa plastic gears that fit.

I wish there was some company still making berg gears.

I also don't think it should come assembled. with or without gears.

make the newbies *cough* FNG's learn how to put together a kit.
with instructions of course
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #29
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlingman9000 View Post
I wish there was some company still making berg gears.

I also don't think it should come assembled. with or without gears.

make the newbies *cough* FNG's learn how to put together a kit.
with instructions of course
I will not only have gears, but the best gears the world has ever seen in less than 30 days

I couldnt agree more on having people learn and having it be expected that people build a car. I think majority is over ruling us and our thoughts though.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Please don't transition to bookface, this site needs all the help it can get lately. I'm pretty much the only guy in my area that frequents RCC, they have all gone to FB, I don't even know when and where the next Butte County Scalers are having an event because I refuse to FB. This site needs some kind of jumpstart and a RTR MOA might be the ticket. I don't care what some Yahoo had for breakfast, but I do care about quality info.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
I will not only have gears, but the best gears the world has ever seen in less than 30 days

I couldnt agree more on having people learn and having it be expected that people build a car. I think majority is over ruling us and our thoughts though.
^ nice..... at this point I wasn't sure if anyone had actually picked up on the fact that you were having berg gears produced..... HAHAHA
Curcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 09:56 AM   #32
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Please don't transition to bookface, this site needs all the help it can get lately. I'm pretty much the only guy in my area that frequents RCC, they have all gone to FB, I don't even know when and where the next Butte County Scalers are having an event because I refuse to FB. This site needs some kind of jumpstart and a RTR MOA might be the ticket. I don't care what some Yahoo had for breakfast, but I do care about quality info.
I hate FB.

Facebook excels at two things over this site...

#1 product releases get a LOT more attention. When I put the FBA shafts up on here, I think I got around 100 views, no comments. FB had over 10K! Lots of comments. Bottom line is that there are a lot more people over there now, I dont see them coming back.

#2 other than having great moderators, I dont see anybody giving this site any attention. Like I said above, we cant even get our comp section straight. The biggest comp of the year is the RC Rock Crawling Championship. Its under the section "Red Rock Rumble". If that does not bring moral down I dont know what would. You cant seriously tell me that would take a lot of effort to change either... If our leadership does not care it affects many people. Our only option is to jump ship and make or find leadership.

Having said all that, I like this place a lot, I just wish people who could make a difference gave a shat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
^ nice..... at this point I wasn't sure if anyone had actually picked up on the fact that you were having berg gears produced..... HAHAHA
Gonna have to figure out how to let this one sink in. Maybe I will post in yellow next time?
Old 06-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis c. View Post
Even the RTR MOA will not save this site...... its sad...... I dont think Erik will abandon RC Crawler all together, neither will I, but the traffic on this site is much much lower now.... I think things have gotta change here on this end before people will comeback. FB constantly evolves (not always for the better) this site hasn't changed in the last 5 years, even though there has been a huge shift of interest in the hobby. We've gotta liven things up a bit shift/reorganize the site. Simplify.....Organize......Something. Even separating scale competitions from crawling competitions in to separate threads would help.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:03 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Gonna have to figure out how to let this one sink in. Maybe I will post in yellow next time?
You mean to tell me that people don't read on here or on FB???? weird....
Old 06-17-2016, 10:16 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Hey, today is Super Flex Friday!!!

Old 06-17-2016, 10:17 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

I will probably buy on of these kits unassembled of course. It's unfortunate that no one in Texas has a shafty or pro truck to comp with. I guess I'll have to use some airlines miles next year.

149 r/c worx team driver
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcal View Post
Even the RTR MOA will not save this site...... its sad...... I dont think Erik will abandon RC Crawler all together, neither will I, but the traffic on this site is much much lower now.... I think things have gotta change here on this end before people will comeback. FB constantly evolves (not always for the better) this site hasn't changed in the last 5 years, even though there has been a huge shift of interest in the hobby. We've gotta liven things up a bit shift/reorganize the site. Simplify.....Organize......Something. Even separating scale competitions from crawling competitions in to separate threads would help.
Probably not, but I'm trying to hold on to anything I can and think positively.
Old 06-17-2016, 10:28 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

#1 product releases get a LOT more attention. When I put the FBA shafts up on here, I think I got around 100 views, no comments. FB had over 10K!
Yes, but 99.9% of them have no clue what they are looking at!
Old 06-17-2016, 10:28 AM   #39
RCC Addict

^ maybe if we push the moderators to help us out a bit we can make this into what we want or need
Old 06-17-2016, 10:29 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapon boy View Post
I will probably buy on of these kits unassembled of course. It's unfortunate that no one in Texas has a shafty or pro truck to comp with. I guess I'll have to use some airlines miles next year.

149 r/c worx team driver
Get your scaler buddies to drive this and your sporty together. Some one will get interested. There used to be quite a few texas drivers out there NOVA (crawler innovations is in TX). (big state i know)

Dlux "kit" car - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
RockMania26 XR10 "the Thing" and wheels DLUX mania26 Axial XR10 37 02-25-2012 08:30 PM