Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: indoor crawling soth florida

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 09:20 PM   #121
I wanna be Dave

So is it done yet, or what. Update PLEASE.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 PM   #122
Quarry Creeper

soon ill be down south to finish this project!!!!!
k20man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

so, how are things going with the indoor course? Any updated pic's?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:44 PM   #124

Default Updates and pictures??

Any updates on this indoor venue? I have about 5 crawlers that need a place to run!!!!!
vzla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #125
I wanna be Dave

So, whats the word?
Old 07-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #126
Quarry Creeper

lol guys i am tryn my best to finish the course soon !!!! thanks for wainting !!!!
Old 07-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #127

No new pictures?... You are teasing us! what else are you planning on doing to the track??
Old 07-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #128
"HOLLYWOOD"

I can't wait for this place to be done, so I can drive and practice indoor lol
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #129
Quarry Creeper

soon guys !! when I get down there I hope to get some help to get it done faster !!! yes I got new idea for it !!! lol
Old 07-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #130

Man, it never fails this shop always drops the ball on everything they do. The management needs to get the act together by the time the track is done no one will care to even take there car's there. Will you guys ever finish it? last i heard you guys where begging customers for cement to finish it? Did you guys ever even get the cement to finish it?

They did the same thing to the offroad track asked people for money to repair the track and install upgrades to it and basically did nothing and pocketed the money.

Last edited by rc8b; 07-07-2011 at 03:46 PM.
rc8b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Take it easy, There are doing the best they can.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #132

The longer they take the more time I have to finish a couple of projects... We always have The park at Miramar anyway. I am planning on a little course in my backyard.... A private test track!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:02 AM   #133
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzla View Post
The longer they take the more time I have to finish a couple of projects... We always have The park at Miramar anyway. I am planning on a little course in my backyard.... A private test track!

cool.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #134

Edit: removing post at my own discretion. Got my point got across, albeit at the expense of extreme and company.

Nothing to see here

Last edited by supafastsupra2; 07-18-2011 at 09:00 PM.
supafastsupra2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #135
"HOLLYWOOD"

Just as a heads up this is not a bashing section, if you have any personal issue with a person place take it somewere else, if this continues a moderator will be informed. Thank you.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #136

k20man,

Any chance that you've worked on the track lately?
Old 07-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #137

I'm so glad I'm wasn't the only one feeling this way about this shop, I think the fact they've gone this long with out even finishing it goes to prove my point and now with this second poster confirming this you guys can take it as FACT and not bashing.

My post was never to flame but to share my fustration with this shop and the way it's handled. At this point I no longer wish to even even take my truck to this shop.
rc8b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #138
RCC Addict

Go be lame somewhere else!

If you don't like a shop don't go there. A member here has been trying to build it in free time while living in O-town. Not an employee. If you were a crawler, you'd be in the mindframe already that shops are useless. They carry nothing we use and have even less knowledge. If you expect quality treatment, hope you get lucky. Otherwise your dealing with either a kid or an old person, both getting paid minimum wage, you think they give a f*ck? Then there is the owner, trying to pay bills and make some sort of profit in one of the most niche industries there is. I have no doubt its difficult to run a successful hobby shop, but you talking sh*t isn't making anything better. We have a great shop in Davie and another in WPB, but I've had bad service at both. There are people that hate these stores, but they find another or use fleebay. Its nice to have a local shop, and without them the rc hobby would greatly suffer. If you had been here for a couple years or had even ONE tech post you might get some respect, but I think all these bs post should be deleted by a mod and let k20man get back to his course build
Tydl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

I agree, If you don't like the shop GO SOME PLACE ELSE. If you think about the economy we are in, some people don't have all the money they need to achieve there goals. In my opinion you should just PISS OFF.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tydl View Post
Go be lame somewhere else!

If you don't like a shop don't go there. A member here has been trying to build it in free time while living in O-town. Not an employee. If you were a crawler, you'd be in the mindframe already that shops are useless. They carry nothing we use and have even less knowledge. If you expect quality treatment, hope you get lucky. Otherwise your dealing with either a kid or an old person, both getting paid minimum wage, you think they give a f*ck? Then there is the owner, trying to pay bills and make some sort of profit in one of the most niche industries there is. I have no doubt its difficult to run a successful hobby shop, but you talking sh*t isn't making anything better. We have a great shop in Davie and another in WPB, but I've had bad service at both. There are people that hate these stores, but they find another or use fleebay. Its nice to have a local shop, and without them the rc hobby would greatly suffer. If you had been here for a couple years or had even ONE tech post you might get some respect, but I think all these bs post should be deleted by a mod and let k20man get back to his course build
You're making a lot of assumptions in your personal attack on rc8b. First off, every hoppy shop is different. If you've been in the hobby for long enough, you'll know just which shops have knowledgable employees and which ones are poorly managed and inventoried. I can also think of a few young kids and older gents who work at hobby shops that know quite a bit more than you likely do in all aspects of this hobby. Your statement is just too broad and sweeping to be true. If you said the same about say Radioshack or BestBuy employees, fair enough. But hobby shops tend to be a bit more selective, at least in my experience, on who they choose to hire. Also please note that just because a hobby shop happens to be a hole in the wall with regard to space or location, doesn't mean it needs to be run like a hole in the wall.

Also, simply because someone just joined or has very few posts does not mean they don't have something worthwhile to say. These forums don't require a membership to read the threads, you should really keep that in mind. Many choose not to bother even registering until say they have a question or issue that hasn't been answered on the forums. On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have those with thousands of posts. These guys are the ones with the biggest egos and spend all of their spare time on here to impose how they know everything there is about everything. There are, of course, exceptions in each case. My point is that its a two-way street, and forum post count doesn't mean anything.

Yes those in the crawler scene are accustomed to sourcing the majority of their parts online, which questions why Extreme
Hobbies would build this crawler course to begin with. From a business perspective he comes out losing even if he sells a few axial crawlers along the way.

Lastly, if k20man is really the one behind the whole crawler course, I don't see that as an excuse. I presume k20man is a customer of Extreme and any sensible business owner would not rely on a customer to make an installation of anything in their store in that person's spare time. Something contractual with a given timeframe would have made more sense.
But that's neither here nor there. The fact that crawler course is in its current state, an eyesore IMO, should be more than enough encouragement for Bruce to finish it himself ASAP. He's poured plenty of other peoples' money (literally, lol) into the project thus far; just finish the damn thing so we can get to crawling. It's really not that hard to finish something that you started.

Cheers
supafastsupra2 is offline   Reply With Quote