Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: A Class Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Kinda regret bringing all this up. I just really don't want to make anyone mad or not like me. This is something that we did with off-road rc and it was fun. I like crawlin better because their is less pressure for me not running around like madman bleeding from the head. I like it because it is more laid back and you guys around me make it great and fun.
Creepy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

dont regret anything jason,,,,you have every right to make your thoughts and opinions known,,just like anyone who rings in

we all have our own ideas and thoughts on this and all other subjects but we have to be adult enough and man enough to agree to agree or disagree without taking anything away from someone we dont agree with or someone who doesnt agree with us

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 11-01-2009 at 08:39 PM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
Don't get me wrong, you make a good point but it is hard to keep up with all the different stuff going on at a comp. That will be the biggest reason it will be hard to make a beginner/amateur class work. Watch Jeff/Rockcrawler try to keep up with all this sorta stuff at LRC in two weeks. We'll have to bootleg him some Zanex by dark...

Trust me there is days I wanna be in a beginners classcry:
I am sure it is crazy too keep up with the madness. I am gonna help him in whatever way that I can. Hope I don't get in the way. LOL No doubt he will need something. Naw You are a pro and if not you sure do have a good looking rig. And you give great advice and you help everyone. I wish that I contribute more to people but I am still learning. I guess looking in the dirt for Jay's part in the dirt for 15 minutes going to the truck for a magnet only to find that the part isn't magnetic. Then I looked and found it. Crazy.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy Crawler View Post
It is just harder for a guy with a wife and kids to compete than a sponsored driver. I would think a chassis sponsor would count as a sponsored driver.

Again I am not trying to ruffle any feathers or anything I really hope that I am not annoying anyone. I like everyone and don't want anyone to be mad at me.
I know your not bothering me any.I will talk about my opinions on this all night long.

I do not see where having a wife and kid should make a difference in the outcome of a comp.You pretty much just said you have a sponsor and I have a wife and kid so I can not beat you.Like I said earlier we all had to start at the bottom and several of us have a wife and kids.
How does that have anything to do with winning or not?

I think Jeff Gill and Myself among others I know are good examples of that not being a valid argument.
I will say it can make some aspects of it harder like travel but that's about it.I will be the first to say that it cost allot more to take the 3 of us across the country to a comp than the guy that just throws his stuff in a back pack and jumps on a plane.
But on a local level it does not cost anymore.
Now if you have a wife and a kid that both compete it does.My wife runs 2.2 and myself and son run 1/9,2.2,and Super.I have 7 comp rigs to keep going and that is expensive but I love it so much I eat allot of crackers so we can do it.
Come to think of it the worst part of having a wife and kid when it comes to comps is having to get them up at 3 in the morning to drive on average 3-4 hours and then throw a hour in because of a time change to get to our local point series at least for me that is the worst part well unless Tyler beats me and then I have 3-4 hours in the car with him talking about how he beat me
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Personally I thnk the class needs to be anovice class by definition and use,,across the board,,,then the independant clubs can run seperate specific classes to grow the sport based on current driver numbers and interest in such a "sub" class,,when the conversations and threads first started,,i saw current driver after current driver talking about building or buying a no dig rig for a "sportsmans class" "sportsman" is and should always be a spec class,,and that isn't a novice class,,,you can't run an indy car in iroc unless they are all iroc's
good point. maybe just add points for dig in a shafty class.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

well heres my thought for what its worth boiled down pretty simply,,,some of the greatest minds in the history of mankind started out wondering " WHAT IF,,,,,,,"

If you dont ask the question there can be no debate,,if there is no debate there can be no answer,,if there is no answer then whats the point?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
I know your not bothering me any.I will talk about my opinions on this all night long.

I do not see where having a wife and kid should make a difference in the outcome of a comp.You pretty much just said you have a sponsor and I have a wife and kid so I can not beat you.Like I said earlier we all had to start at the bottom and several of us have a wife and kids.
How does that have anything to do with winning or not?

I think Jeff Gill and Myself among others I know are good examples of that not being a valid argument.
I will say it can make some aspects of it harder like travel but that's about it.I will be the first to say that it cost allot more to take the 3 of us across the country to a comp than the guy that just throws his stuff in a back pack and jumps on a plane.
But on a local level it does not cost anymore.
Now if you have a wife and a kid that both compete it does.My wife runs 2.2 and myself and son run 1/9,2.2,and Super.I have 7 comp rigs to keep going and that is expensive but I love it so much I eat allot of crackers so we can do it.
Come to think of it the worst part of having a wife and kid when it comes to comps is having to get them up at 3 in the morning to drive on average 3-4 hours and then throw a hour in because of a time change to get to our local point series at least for me that is the worst part well unless Tyler beats me and then I have 3-4 hours in the car with him talking about how he beat me
I am saying sponsored guy has a better chance of winning. I am not sponsored. I was in off-road but not a full ride just a few parts and a small discount on some parts. Not saying that I would not want to be again. I just don't think that I am close to being ready to be sponsored.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

joe,,i agree with most of what you say,,,but some of us junkies have deeper pockets to buy the "drug" some of us myself included are addicted but have to buy food before rovers,,and we all no the difference between stock kit tires and the top of the line rubber...or how fast,,a lesser wheel will spin on the hex then a $129.00 set of ally's

I think thats what jason's point is,,yes or no jason?
Old 11-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well heres my thought for what its worth boiled down pretty simply,,,some of the greatest minds in the history of mankind started out wondering " WHAT IF,,,,,,,"

If you dont ask the question there can be no debate,,if there is no debate there can be no answer,,if there is no answer then whats the point?
I agree everything is debatable.

The idea of a true novice class for those who want to run it would be good. If you could get a universal program that would work for everyone involved.

I think if a group of drivers at a comp want a novice class they should take the initiative to organize and run it. This would help with the time constraints on a extra class or two.
TEDROCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
joe,,i agree with most of what you say,,,but some of us junkies have deeper pockets to buy the "drug" some of us myself included are addicted but have to buy food before rovers,,and we all no the difference between stock kit tires and the top of the line rubber...or how fast,,a lesser wheel will spin on the hex then a $129.00 set of ally's

I think thats what jason's point is,,yes or no jason?
exactly!!! nail on the head!!!! great job.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I agree everything is debatable.

The idea of a true novice class for those who want to run it would be good. If you could get a universal program that would work for everyone involved.

I think if a group of drivers at a comp want a novice class they should take the initiative to organize and run it. This would help with the time constraints on a extra class or two.
We talked about that with Wireman at Hover. Maybe building more courses for shafty. Don't know maybe it will work maybe not. We still cool right?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:01 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I am saying sponsored guy has a better chance of winning. I am not sponsored. I was in off-road but not a full ride just a few parts and a small discount on some parts. Not saying that I would not want to be again. I just don't think that I am close to being ready to be sponsored.

I honestly do not agree with that.Most crawler sponsorships are not 100%free rides.It all boils down to the driver and his ability to put the proper setup together and beable to drive it.

I qualified for the 08 Nationals in Super and 2.2 without a single sponsor I then picked up a couple before the trip to Moab.I recived no parts from them before hand and still won Super and took 6th in 2.2
Andy "Badd" was no major sponsored driver when we went to Moab that year and took 4th in 2.2

With all that I have said I have a suggestion that may work for you.
I do not see a no sponsored drivers class on a national level.But you can have one locally.So why not organize one .But do not try to leave it up to the guys already covered up in work putting on events and run that class yourself.I would say 90% of clubs would let you have your own class if you handle all the leg work and they do not have to be involved.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
We still cool right?
Absolutely
Old 11-01-2009, 09:13 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I honestly do not agree with that.Most crawler sponsorships are not 100%free rides.It all boils down to the driver and his ability to put the proper setup together and beable to drive it.

I qualified for the 08 Nationals in Super and 2.2 without a single sponsor I then picked up a couple before the trip to Moab.I recived no parts from them before hand and still won Super and took 6th in 2.2
Andy "Badd" was no major sponsored driver when we went to Moab that year and took 4th in 2.2

I do not see a no sponsored drivers class on a national level.But you can have one locally.So why not organize one .But do not try to leave it up to the guys already covered up in work putting on events and run that class yourself.I would say 90% of clubs would let you have your own class if you handle all the leg work and they do not have to be involved.
sounds like you are sponsored but not getting much support from your sponsors. A sponsored driver should have the skills, and the sponsors should just be providing what the driver needs.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Absolutely
awesome. Did you find any of those old LCC parts laying around did you?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

RIGHT ON,,,NOW WE ARE MAKING SOME CONVERSATOIN.....i agree a non-sponsored driver can go to like the nationals and compete,,however on the same point he can do so if he has the right set up,,but following your point Joe and Jason's,,the contender has to have comp level equipment,,Axial's are great out of the box just like BULLY 2's but,,you cant compete,,box stock against built...unless that box stock is comp level already,,now i think everyone will agree,,that for the most part,,nationals comp level and local comp level or not level
Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
sounds like you are sponsored but not getting much support from your sponsors. A sponsored driver should have the skills, and the sponsors should just be providing what the driver needs.
I get plenty of Support.I do not see where you get that I do not?
I run a Season of SERCRC with no sponsors and won the Series in both classes in the 2 weeks before nationals I picked up some good sponsors and did not need anything.So why ask for something I did not need?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I get plenty of Support.I do not see where you get that I do not?
I run a Season of SERCRC with no sponsors and won the Series in both classes in the 2 weeks before nationals I picked up some good sponsors and did not need anything.So why ask for something I did not need?
I guess I assumed. I always need parts or something.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I agree with you completely on this,,this would do several things at once,,get the lesser experienced drivers a class of their own and let each of them grow and compete with each other and teach each other and learn to judge and make decisions for the club
Old 11-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You have to consider most vendors/sponsors here are working class also. Every $ helps, if some of the drivers on here were paid based on their driving skills most could quit work period. Crawling is not as main stream as other forms of RC.

YET