Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New class to encourage newbs..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #161
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New class to encourage newbs..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
You should suck it up. Every new driver there ever was since the beginning of comp crawling has had to...why should today's drivers be any different? This is not life or death, there are no great stakes involved. This is not a major fork in the road of life. It is a hobby where you go out to have fun. Treat it as such and you will succeed.

Your journey to becoming a pro starts at the bottom, competing with whoever shows up that day, just like everyone else.
x2 well said

Regards RIck
v84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #162
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
You should suck it up. Every new driver there ever was since the beginning of comp crawling has had to...why should today's drivers be any different? This is not life or death, there are no great stakes involved. This is not a major fork in the road of life. It is a hobby where you go out to have fun. Treat it as such and you will succeed.

Your journey to becoming a pro starts at the bottom, competing with whoever shows up that day, just like everyone else.
Excactly!!!!!!
As long as the club is friendly and helps out, then there should be no whining from beginners! It's silly to expect to keep up with everyone your first time out!

Although, I'm no longer considered to be a beginner, but I still can't keep up with Mikie!!!!! DANGIT!!!!!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #163
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
Although, I'm no longer considered to be a beginner, but I still can't keep up with Mikie!!!!! DANGIT!!!!!

I don't think I've even placed ahead of him either. Maybe you and I should start a beginners class so we can take turns winning.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #164
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitcrawler View Post
why cant there be a beginner class that would just be a stepping stone...
From the viewpoint of someone who helps organize and facilitate all of our local comps, there is simply not the time or the participation for a "beginner" class. We do, however, consider the skill level of the participants at the competition when we setup courses. Our club has found that if you simply change the design of your courses, they can be fun for all skill levels. For example, if we have several new guys that show up with 2.2p style trucks and our regular group of seasoned drivers, we will simply setup easier courses with several hard bonus gates. The new drivers most likely wont attempt the bonus gates and will still do well on the courses. The seasoned drivers know that they must finish the courses AND complete the bonus gates to be competitive for the win. This format has really seemed to work well with the varying skill levels in our club.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote

New class to encourage newbs.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lol @ newbs STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 89 12-14-2010 06:45 AM
A Newbs Crawler Erc Axial AX-10 Scorpion 33 04-18-2010 08:23 AM
I have a question for Non Newbs PYRO31888 General Crawlers 3 10-02-2008 08:10 PM
To the newbs that aim me, badger Chit Chat 52 11-12-2005 06:41 PM
For the Newbs mike Chit Chat 3 11-09-2005 10:44 PM