Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Vaterra Slick Rock thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2015, 03:35 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: Vaterra Slick Rock thoughts

Has anyone ever used HPI's 1.9" crawler tires on the Slickrock? They look to be the same size, at least according to official "measurements", and the Pro-Line Chisel 1.9 is discontinued so it's not really an option anymore.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastrami View Post
I just got the slickrock two weeks ago. Out of the box it had terrible torque twist, to much weight bias up height and in the rear. Oh and the tires look sweet but are terrible. I stuck the esc and receiver together back to back ontop/ next to the motor and transmission. I also ditched the excessively heavy battery for a 1000mah 2s lipo and it fits next to the transmission on the other side. I put some sticky weights on the servo. There are some spring spacers on the shocks that I took out to lower it a touch. I am build a 4 link setup at the moment for it which should eliminate the torque twist or atleast greatly reduce it.

Oh and I am running twin hammers stock wheels and tires with cut foams now. Most 1.9 tires are to big
Please post instructions for your 4-link mod. I plan to get a Slickrock in the next couple months, and the one thing everyone seems to agree on is the Slickrock REALLY needs 4-link suspension -- but I have no idea what parts to get.
Old 06-07-2015, 03:16 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

[QUOTE=Pastrami;5230060]I just got the slickrock two weeks ago. Out of the box it had terrible torque twist, to much weight bias up height and in the rear. Oh and the tires look sweet but are terrible. I stuck the esc and receiver together back to back ontop/ next to the motor and transmission. I also ditched the excessively heavy battery for a 1000mah 2s lipo and it fits next to the transmission on the other side. I put some sticky weights on the servo. There are some spring spacers on the shocks that I took out to lower it a touch. I am build a 4 link setup at the moment for it which should eliminate the torque twist or atleast greatly reduce it.

Oh and I am running twin hammers stock wheels and tires with cut foams now. Most 1.9 tires are to big[/Q]
pics bro please
panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #44
RCC Addict

Me and the boy got one about 3 months ago. It is our first crawler so take this for what it's worth.

It has been a lot of fun . We live in the mountains of eastern pa, so the back yard is a cornucopia of opportunity including an old property line rock pile. We have been giving it a beating, nothing broken so far.

I have only made a couple changes so far. Rc4wd wideners in the back, in the front I casted ones out of lead/tin alloy. It put a oz and a half on each wheel. Made some lower links out of brass, the stock ones had a square section for removing the end connectors and they got caught on everything. Tried aluminum but they were to soft and also seemed to hang up. So brass it is. Changed out the shocks to adjustable and eliminated some twist, but now on high degree climbs the front wheel lifts some. Still have lots of reading to do to balance the rid out some more. Last change was putting mudslingers on, they are a happy medium between crawling and mudding in the swamp. Need to start looking for a second set dedicated to rocks.

Been fun so far

Last edited by Ditchrat; 06-07-2015 at 07:49 PM.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Please post instructions for your 4-link mod. I plan to get a Slickrock in the next couple months, and the one thing everyone seems to agree on is the Slickrock REALLY needs 4-link suspension -- but I have no idea what parts to get.
To reply to my own post: nevermind, I figured out how to 4-link the suspension myself. I'll include details in my inevitable Build Complete thread.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #46

Help out Slickrock owners on FB on my group "Vaterra Slickrock Owners Group". I hope you guys can help and spread some knowledge.
Crisc918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:46 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Just direct them here. There's no point having us repeat the same information on a different forum.

Vaterra Slick Rock thoughts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vaterra Slick Rock BL4Z3 General Crawlers 21 06-18-2014 08:14 PM
sedonas on slick rock XJkid93 Tires and Wheels 8 06-12-2012 12:48 AM
My Comp crawler on a slick rock Slowbro Videos! 5 01-03-2011 01:38 PM
Moab camping at Slick rock campground rockwerks RC Rock Crawling Worlds 15 08-11-2006 12:27 AM
Talk about slick rock hacked_hummer Chit Chat 0 09-16-2005 03:45 PM