Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Wider pinion option

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2020, 05:27 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Wider pinion option

So I have a couple wraiths, and currently using a plastic 32p 60t spur with a 9t, or 10t Robinson Racing pinion. Now my issue is the pinion is quite narrower than the spur gear, resulting in less contact area and a weaker set up. All my other larger pinions are wider, and I would like to find find a wider 9 and 10t pinion. I was looking at the traxxas pinions, but I couldn't tell of it was any better then the Robinson Racing ones i currently run. Does anyone know if the traxxas pinions are wider then the RR ones, or know of any other pinion that is wider in these smaller sizes? Seems like the RR ones are designed for a steel spur, which i would like to avoid if possible.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Wider pinion option - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Helical ring and pinion gears sets with an offset pinion? Calderwood General Crawlers 6 09-14-2013 09:06 PM
Offset hex... for a wider a wider stance. Willy Smellson Axial Wraith 2 01-30-2013 04:26 AM
Whats The Best Option For Motor And Speed Control For The Ax-10? Price Is No Option!! BASSPROKVD Axial AX-10 Scorpion 33 11-19-2007 12:40 AM
WIDER SupermanWV Tamiya Clod Buster 7 09-24-2004 04:10 PM