Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 2019 Projects?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2019, 06:26 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2019 Projects?

I completed the Losi Baja Rey RPM tribute truck. The TRX saw a lot of upgrades including OD/UD gears, Mamba-X ESC and 1800kv Revolver, 3BrosRC direct power servo, Slipper Eliminator and a couple body options to boot. Additionally, I re-tweaked Dirty Steve with a bunch of upgrades and a new lid, built my Bro a scale JK rig based on his 1:1. I also got a ton of work done on the backyard crawler course.

Just started the Capra build so I’m sure ‘20 will see me continuing to tweak and tune on it. Also planning on starting my most scale build to date using the RC4WD Blazer body I picked up. Leaning towards putting the SSD Trail King chassis underneath it, but who knows.

Hope everyone has a fantastic 2020!
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2019, 06:47 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

My projects got confused when the twins birth, and then we had big issues at work that pushed me up into a position in the company that I didn’t really wanted to be in. But what can you do.
I put the ultra 4 Defender cab aside and started my Samil 20... Just need some beadlocks, chassis and small bits of abs manufacturing still.

Bought an 80’s Tamiya Hornet in April thats being restored. Lost to do on that still.

Started collecting more spares for an Akisu Bmx frameset that I have lying in the corner.

2018’s resolution of buying a house is at least in the process at the moment.

So much for resolutions, hey?

Lets see wat 2020 brings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 09:19 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for bumping this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elRayRay View Post
Somewhat crawler related...I'll be converting my modded RTR Bomber to a 4ws monster truck with a BP Customs or Xtra Speed twin rail chassis conversion. That won't be until after I finish the custom build 4.75"tire Bomber-based scale crawler, though.
Progress slowed considerably on the "Bomber based" crawler and the project ballooned into a commission custom tube cage that I am awaiting completion of...then it's wiring/lighting/electronics and interior.

The other project is is still in sight, and a couple of others that are coming together in my head. Looking forward to 2020!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
elRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 06:15 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Default 2019 Projects?

I’m focusing on the Capra:
New 2.2 setup
Intheworks flat skid plates
Anti sqwat upoer link support from super shafty
Aluminum pannels
Pitbull KRONIK 90mm shocks.
Mamba x + 1900kv slate

After that don’t know what this year may bring !!!!

HNY!!!
Mr. Crawley EC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 08:07 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
2019 projects ok i have 2 to finnish up a few ive started gethering parts for and several new builds ill probably start gathering parts for this year and probably wont finnish for a few more years
So heres the list
The mini coolper its almost done
The barbie jeep thats almost done aswell
Ive started colecting parts for my sawback xl " nylint jeep on leaf springs"
Ive got a tube chassie i build like 10 years ago to finnish up
Then theres the midnight pumpkin
The twin bombers
2 tonka dump trucks
The gmade r1 with clod axles
Non crawler builds
Finnish up the go fast grasshopper then build
The farrierrieyerrei f40
And im planning a rwd dodge 1/6 scale scale street truck
The wraith is getting rebuilt as a 1.9 rig and hopefully th3 new proline ambush body
Then there is the villian 4 and a tyco boat that im building
And on top of that ive got a couple of 1/6 hummers im building for a freind
And then theres the upgrades and repairs
The yeti xl needs new aluminum parts front and rear
The max hilux needs a new front dif
And the ranger needs a new motor or new brushes in the motor
The tao2 brat needs a bunch of parts also basicly a complete rebuild and ill probably run it brushed this time that platform just dosent work well with brushless and big tires
Im chassing a click in the rear end in the grass hopper
The red wraith has lost its fwd
The race clod needs new motors
I think ive got enuff to keep me entertained for a while

progress report lol

mini coolper is done and kickin butt

the barbie heep is done just need to clean up the welds and paint the cage but all the fab work is done

the nylint got s9me work done to it mostly refiting the interior some parts got stolen and used for other projects

i picked up a yeti for a song and streached it to fit a 1/8 newbright raptor body

one tanka has a front axle so far

got the rear axle for the yeti xl

finaly fixed the red headed step wraith

and rebuilt the e10

fixed the toyota maxstone 16

having 2 houses to remodel is taking up most of my time and energy and money so rc is kinda a side deal these days

2020 will be about finishing up 2019 projects

and maybe getting in to the comp sean
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 08:45 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
I completed the Losi Baja Rey RPM tribute truck.
I don't remember seeing this truck. Do you have a build thread on here?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I don't remember seeing this truck. Do you have a build thread on here?
It’s in the Losi Baja Rey thread Jato. Like the Barrage thread, it’s all just lumped together. Starts on page 83.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 03:25 PM   #48

I have a Gen 7 that is undergoing some major work. New body design, droop setup, 2.2 tires, new rear bumper, inner fenders, paint, wood bed. And it’s all DIY if anyone wants to see pictures go to my Instagram grarwolf_rc
RCatN3wbie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
It’s in the Losi Baja Rey thread Jato. Like the Barrage thread, it’s all just lumped together. Starts on page 83.
Thanks. Awesome truck. Amazing work on the cage!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:16 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crawley EC View Post
I’m focusing on the Capra:
New 2.2 setup
Intheworks flat skid plates
Anti sqwat upoer link support from super shafty
Aluminum pannels
Pitbull KRONIK 90mm shocks.
Mamba x + 1900kv slate

After that don’t know what this year may bring !!!!

HNY!!!
Just curious, but, how did that flat skid from InTheWorks work out? I've had SERIOUS problems with mine. First, he/they sent the wrong skid (I ordered the AX10 transmission Verizon, but received the Capra transmission version). Then, once the correct version was received, it was discovered that the transmission mounting holes weren't correctly aligned (the holes along the side were properly spaced, and the holes near the center were properly spaced, but the spacing between the 'side' & 'center' holes were off (too close) by approx 1/8").

I contacted them, explaining the problem, and even included photos, as proof of the mounting hole alignment problem. I received a reply, stating the problem would be corrected, and a replacement would be shipped. Unfortunately, when the replacement arrived, upon opening the package, I discovered that had shipped the wrong skid (Capra transmission version) again. So, I contacted him/them a third time, including photos...this time, I was told to return the incorrect skid, and that the correct skid would be shipped.

Well, that "correct" skid arrived today. In the 'plus' side, it was the AX10 transmission version. Unfortunately, it still has the same transmission mounting hole alignment problem the first AX10 skid had...plus, it has numbers other problems. First, the skid was too thick, by 2mm (8mm, instead of 6mm). Second, the transmission mounting holes were not countersunk. Third, some of the dimensions of the skid were off. For example, the bottom length of the first AX10 skid was 82mm, while the second AX10 skid was 86.5mm on one side, and 87.25mm on the other side.

The point is, there are serious inconsistencies in they're 3D printed items. I'm hoping you didn't have this problems work yours.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:07 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Just curious, but, how did that flat skid from InTheWorks work out? I've had SERIOUS problems with mine. First, he/they sent the wrong skid (I ordered the AX10 transmission Verizon, but received the Capra transmission version). Then, once the correct version was received, it was discovered that the transmission mounting holes weren't correctly aligned (the holes along the side were properly spaced, and the holes near the center were properly spaced, but the spacing between the 'side' & 'center' holes were off (too close) by approx 1/8").

I contacted them, explaining the problem, and even included photos, as proof of the mounting hole alignment problem. I received a reply, stating the problem would be corrected, and a replacement would be shipped. Unfortunately, when the replacement arrived, upon opening the package, I discovered that had shipped the wrong skid (Capra transmission version) again. So, I contacted him/them a third time, including photos...this time, I was told to return the incorrect skid, and that the correct skid would be shipped.

Well, that "correct" skid arrived today. In the 'plus' side, it was the AX10 transmission version. Unfortunately, it still has the same transmission mounting hole alignment problem the first AX10 skid had...plus, it has numbers other problems. First, the skid was too thick, by 2mm (8mm, instead of 6mm). Second, the transmission mounting holes were not countersunk. Third, some of the dimensions of the skid were off. For example, the bottom length of the first AX10 skid was 82mm, while the second AX10 skid was 86.5mm on one side, and 87.25mm on the other side.

The point is, there are serious inconsistencies in they're 3D printed items. I'm hoping you didn't have this problems work yours.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Well, actually I had no issues at all, it fitted perfectly (I’m using the Captra trans version). Still I think some improvements can be made. I think I have a solution for you. I will send you an inbox!
Mr. Crawley EC is offline   Reply With Quote

2019 Projects? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EuroCrawl 2019 Zarizi Tech Competitions 42 09-17-2019 12:49 PM
~2019 c7 zr1 STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 118 04-20-2019 08:46 AM
2019 Schedule Traulus Recon G6 2 01-29-2019 10:52 PM