Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 2019 Projects?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2019 Projects?

Converting my yeti from rock racer to trophy truck with TH rears so I can run the new proline 79 ford Baja body.
Any guesses what color? ;)

Oh and finish the 3D printed 79 ford body.

Annnnnd I suppose I should finish my son's chebby.

Hopefully all done for proline by the fire.
If I get done early I might start a bonus project. Not letting that one out of the bag until I pull the trigger on the chassis.

Still got drifters to finish too.
Maybe I should have posted this in the 2021 projects thread LMAO

And congrats on the twins!!!
My twins are 10 now. Learn how to do everything twice at the same time... QUICKLY lol
And remember, it gets better. Repeat that to yourself as needed. ;)

mr danza, see you at proline brother!!! You too, durok! And anyone else going!

Last edited by Shinchu; 01-07-2019 at 11:56 AM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #22

To get the FTX Outback 2/ ECX Barrage as comp ready as possible.
First on the list, heavy duty solid steel lockouts for the stock axles.
JonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

It's not a crawler, but I didn't see anyone say it had to be, so I'm gonna finish this LaFerrari

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
MasteroFlego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Going to get my FJ going finally. Started 2 winters ago. lol And I have a terrible thread going.... Wrong Way FJ

My F150 got swapped onto my Scx10II raw builders kit. Going to do a bed cage and a lexan interior for it..... Project Ding-Beat

The Trail Honcho will continue to trail.... Trail Honcho, For Trailing

And I discovered after cleaning up my work space, I have a set of Scx10II axles a couple gen one transmissions, A set of scx10 axles and enough links and shocks to build a couple more trucks. So the F650 will be back, as well as a Dingo. will it al happen this year?

I guess we will see.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:44 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Finish my Bomber, then some design and build projects I'd love to complete: a truck, a trailer, and the class 5 unlimited bug go fast car that I've been plugging away at for 3 yrs.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:24 AM   #26
RCC Addict

TRX4- Bronco chassis: Maybe replace stock motor with a 21 or 27 turn HH Sport. Complete shock, portal, and diff breakdown/ maintenance. Also planning to paint front bumper and side rails gloss black. Need to get an SSD matching rear bumper before painting in order to match that in gloss black too.

TRX4- Clear Bronco body: Hopefully will do "first time ever" weathered exterior paint/ rust/ filler plus full list of scale details and some unique touches. Going to be a lot of work.

TRX4- Defender chassis: Plans to install the HW1080 plus complete shock, portal, and diff breakdown/ maintenance.

TRX4- Defender body: Paint exterior roof white or silver/ "metal". Plans are also to add door/ hood hinges and maybe some small additional scale touches but besides painting the roof, my D110 body is pretty much right where I want it.

Associated CR12- FJ chassis: Possible ESC/ receiver swap from Exceed MaxStone 1/16 doner vehicle. Will definitely relocate steering servo on new alum cnc'd servo/ battery plate. Also need to make a jst quick-connect adapter for the headlights. Might add some home-fabbed scale touches in the way of 3d door/ tailgate handles, fuel filler housing, door locks, and d-ring bumper mounts front/ rear. Having to be mindful that this is a 1/12 scale so as not to start throwing 1/10 scale accessories at it.

Associated CR12- FJ body: Need to paint the inside of the body black and hit the inside of the roof in another coat of white/ silver backing. Will also be looking into making some additional scale touches like rear taillights. Also planning to paint the inside of the bed ( exterior) flat or satin black.

RC4WD Marlin Crawler chassis: Haven't run this rig yet so dunno what will need to be done but current plans are to add a Warn winch to the front OEM metal bumper, replace the rear plastic bumper with a matching metal one from RC4WD, and install a scale accessory dead-man "switch" in the bed. Also need to add some scale hubs... Warn lockouts in the front/ MT's in the rear.

RC4WD Marlin Crawler body: I may try to "weather" the exterior with thin mist of rust colored rattle can. Will be also installing other accessories like KC lights and a Toyota front grill emblem. I also need to paint the [supplied] cargo tie-down hooks and get those installed. I may decide to instead paint the exterior body in a classic Toyota racing white/ red/ orange/ yellow but not sure about that yet. Also planning to paint the underside satin or flat black as well as the interior cab section.

Traxxas Stampede: Continue to run it hard on recent lipo conversion. Have done all necessary upgrades which weren't many. This truck just continues to bash and jump like a mad dog. Will likely need to buy and paint another body in 2019 as I've almost totally beat to death two bodies already. Body will be nothing fancy... just something to cover the chassis lol. Paint color won't matter much.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #27

headed to JK truck land, 1.5 or 1.9 D90 based

doc.rc.shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:55 AM   #28
RCC Addict

My Project Plan for 2019:

Finish the projects of 2018

- build Yeti no 2, out of the replaced parts of my Little monster. *Started*

- T-Rex (Defender) Body Paint (has to wait till winter ends), install more scale details and a servo winch (Has to be made). Maybe change to brushless.
Install and Paint a Interieur.

- Find a Body for the ex-real chassis. Not sure which direction i will go here.

- Get more run time as 2018

- See what new options will come 2019......

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk
magic_yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

2019 projects ok i have 2 to finnish up a few ive started gethering parts for and several new builds ill probably start gathering parts for this year and probably wont finnish for a few more years
So heres the list
The mini coolper its almost done
The barbie jeep thats almost done aswell
Ive started colecting parts for my sawback xl " nylint jeep on leaf springs"
Ive got a tube chassie i build like 10 years ago to finnish up
Then theres the midnight pumpkin
The twin bombers
2 tonka dump trucks
The gmade r1 with clod axles
Non crawler builds
Finnish up the go fast grasshopper then build
The farrierrieyerrei f40
And im planning a rwd dodge 1/6 scale scale street truck
The wraith is getting rebuilt as a 1.9 rig and hopefully th3 new proline ambush body
Then there is the villian 4 and a tyco boat that im building
And on top of that ive got a couple of 1/6 hummers im building for a freind
And then theres the upgrades and repairs
The yeti xl needs new aluminum parts front and rear
The max hilux needs a new front dif
And the ranger needs a new motor or new brushes in the motor
The tao2 brat needs a bunch of parts also basicly a complete rebuild and ill probably run it brushed this time that platform just dosent work well with brushless and big tires
Im chassing a click in the rear end in the grass hopper
The red wraith has lost its fwd
The race clod needs new motors
I think ive got enuff to keep me entertained for a while
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 11:06 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Great thread concept, but its looking more like New Year's resolution dreams!!!!!
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:26 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Default 2019 Projects?

How are you guys doing with all these resolutions?

I’ve built a shell thus far. Still figuring out chassis parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #32
RCC Addict

^^^ That chopped up Defender body looks insane. Looking fwd to seeing it all finished.

Well I actually looked for this thread a couple weeks ago to see what my plans were back in January. I'm going to update my post to see how I'm doing lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
TRX4- Bronco chassis: Maybe replace stock motor with a 21 or 27 turn HH Sport. I haven't replaced the motor yet... Original still going strong. Complete shock, portal, and diff breakdown/ maintenance. Haven't done any of that yet either. Also planning to paint front bumper and side rails gloss black. Need to get an SSD matching rear bumper before painting in order to match that in gloss black too. I recently did all of that... replaced the plastic rear bumper with the SSD and painted everything including the sliders with a satin black. Really happy with the uniform look now.

TRX4- Clear Bronco body: Hopefully will do "first time ever" weathered exterior paint/ rust/ filler plus full list of scale details and some unique touches. Going to be a lot of work. I've gathered all the accessory parts to do this but haven't started the paint or prep just yet.

TRX4- Defender chassis: Plans to install the HW1080 plus complete shock, portal, and diff breakdown/ maintenance. Did a complete shock rebuild and surprisingly they were in good shape considering how long and hard this rig has been running. Haven't disassembled or done any maintenance to the diffs but I did re-grease the portal gears. Also haven't yet installed the HW1080wp. The 1080 will go in here or my Bronco eventually but for now it's low on the priority list.

TRX4- Defender body: Paint exterior roof white or silver/ "metal". Nope not yet. Plans are also to add door/ hood hinges and maybe some small additional scale touches but besides painting the roof, my D110 body is pretty much right where I want it. Still haven't installed the hinges or any additional accessories although I had already installed fender vents, fuel filler, door handles, windshield wipers, rear license plate, etc so it doesn't need much more.

Associated CR12- FJ chassis & body: Possible ESC/ receiver swap from Exceed MaxStone 1/16 donor vehicle. Did this then got rid of the Exceed rec & esc as they were no better than the stock Associated stuff. Just installed a HW 1060 ESC and FS GT5 tx/ rx but will probably swap the Flysky receiver/ radio over to my TF2 Marlin. I have a Tactic radio/ receiver that I'm planning to use for the CR12 now. Will definitely relocate steering servo on new alum cnc'd servo/ battery plate Done... Great upgrade! Also need to make a jst quick-connect adapter for the headlights. Haven't done yet. Might add some home-fabbed scale touches in the way of 3d door/ tailgate handles, fuel filler housing, door locks, and d-ring bumper mounts front/ rear. I did a few things to this rig but haven't addressed everything on the list. I made a fuel filler housing, added real reflectors, installed some D-rings and mounts to the front bumper, cut 'em down for better approch/ departure, and painted 'em flat white. Need to paint the inside of the body black and hit the inside of the roof with another coat of white/ silver backing. Painted exterior roof with flat white and backed the inside with black. Not advised to back white with black lol but it worked well in this instance b/c with the roof already factory painted white from the inside, the black backer isn't visible. Also now the exterior roof scratches look more scale b/c you can see what looks like primer grey underneath. Will also be looking into making some additional scale touches like rear taillights. Not yet. Also planning to paint the inside of the bed ( exterior) flat or satin black. Done although not all that noticeable since the factory grey color is so dark.

RC4WD Marlin Crawler chassis: Haven't run this rig yet so dunno what will need to be done but current plans are to add a Warn winch to the front OEM metal bumper, replace the rear plastic bumper with a matching metal one from RC4WD, and install a scale accessory dead-man "switch" in the bed. Also need to add some scale hubs... Warn lockouts in the front/ MT's in the rear. I've done way too much to go into the Marlin upgrades/ mods here. There's a thread in the TF2 section. Only plans that have changed is that I'm no longer planning to use a dead-man switch in the bad. I made the body much easier to install/ remove so unplugging the lipo isn't an issue.

RC4WD Marlin Crawler body: I may try to "weather" the exterior with thin mist of rust colored rattle can. Have not weathered the body yet. Will be also installing other accessories like KC lights and a Toyota front grill emblem. The RC4WD KC lights suck in so many ways that I had to ditch 'em. Complete crap. I also need to paint the [supplied] cargo tie-down hooks and get those installed. Not yet. I may decide to instead paint the exterior body in a classic Toyota racing white/ red/ orange/ yellow but not sure about that yet. No... not going to happen with this particular body. Also planning to paint the underside satin or flat black as well as the interior cab section. Did it and it looks so much better now. The black actually helped to make the exterior red color look a bit darker and less "orange". Great mod!

Traxxas Stampede: Continue to run it hard on recent lipo conversion. Have done all necessary upgrades which weren't many. This truck just continues to bash and jump like a mad dog. Will likely need to buy and paint another body in 2019 as I've almost totally beat to death two bodies already. Body will be nothing fancy... just something to cover the chassis lol. Paint color won't matter much. I haven't done a new body for the Stampede yet but it's insane what a beating these rigs can take. I've had to tighten a few screws here and there and I also had to replace two bent rear shock-shafts after an INSANE cartwheeling tumble down a steep hill but other than that... nothing done cause nothing needed. I'll probably still do a new body this year but not on the short list as of now. Duct tape and E6000 are holding the current body together pretty well lol.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:04 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
^^^ That chopped up Defender body looks insane. Looking fwd to seeing it all finished.

Well I actually looked for this thread a couple weeks ago to see what my plans were back in January. I'm going to update my post to see how I'm doing lol...
I had to chuckle, for some reason looking at all that red made me think that may be the way the special counsel report would look if all the redacted parts were in red. How are you guys doing?
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:41 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBiermann View Post
How are you guys doing with all these resolutions?

I’ve built a shell thus far. Still figuring out chassis parts.

Thanks for bringing this thread back, that defender has given me an idea
Looks great, putting any metal work on her?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 02:49 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Cads View Post
Thanks for bringing this thread back, that defender has given me an idea
Looks great, putting any metal work on her?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Its going very slow. Will start buying some tube for the cage soon.

HugoBiermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:14 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I had to chuckle, for some reason looking at all that red made me think that may be the way the special counsel report would look if all the redacted parts were in red. How are you guys doing?
Ernie
lol I did it more for myself than for anyone else to actually read. I think I'll give myself a passing grade but just barely. Funny how much can change from an original game plan lol.

We're doing okay, Ernie. I made it through tax season relatively unscathed... bent but not broken lol. We're getting ready to celebrate our first anniversary as a married couple in May. I'm letting her pick where she wants to go and she's letting me pick which crawlers will come with us lol.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:38 AM   #37
Gold Star Baby!

Nice revive Hugo, and wow that defender chop looks fantastic. Great vision and execution there, very impressive

HPD, sounds like you’ve made good progress where needed. I had not realized you had a marlin thread, need to go check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
What RC projects are you all hoping to complete this year?

I’m down to just a trx4 hilux and a couple of traxxas street bashers so I’m planning a few new projects for this year.

First two I’m going to focus on are a toyzuki v2 truggy and a class 1 trx4 sport. Hoping to have them ready for PLBTF.

After that I’ve been getting more and more keen on the mst cfx builds I’ve seen on here. It seems like a fun build that won’t break the bank after I get the first two done.

Looking forward to a new year of great builds from the RCC crew!
Well I built a sport, but it’s not a class 1. Ended up going with class 1 tires on the 10.2 after putting a JK body on it.

Toyzuki chassis, links, electronics, trans pieces, drive shafts, and shocks are all here but still boxed up till I get done moving and have time to dig in proper.

CFX is off the radar but did snag a marlin for the swb and leafy experience.

Got a stampede kit to build with the kiddo this summer and doing some work on the rally, 17mm hex and grp rubber on the way.

Pretty happy with all the rigs at this point so aside from a couple clear bodies I have laying around the rest of the spring and summer will be focused on the toyzuki and maybe another 10.2 build for a local summer build off competition.
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I've got more projects than compton.

New axles under the bomber.

New body, likely axles and a bunch of other stuff to the Toyzuki.

New chassis and probably axles for honcheato.

Swap my trx4 to brushless and do up a body for it. Either an early hardtop bronco, raptor or C10. It needs bumpers too so they will come after the body.

My sporty el pinko needs a new body and I need to build new tires for it.

Greengo my pro needs new tires, it is rock solid otherwise.

Exo needs new diff fluid so I'll install a prototype VP motor mount at that time.

I'm going to be playing musical esc/motor combos too. Brxl and brood motor from my el pinko and put it in honcheato. Install a waterproof br-mini and Holmes puller 400 in el pinko.

Toyzuki needs the mamba x & 2850 from honcheato.

I have a pile of other work lined up for other people already too. 2 full sporty builds, finish building an Emoryworx "screaming blue" 4 wheel steer I've been working on when I get bored or I'm waiting on parts for another project.

Well I knocked a bunch of that out already and changed a bunch of plans along the way.

V3.5 toyzuki is done & nailed down.

Built a V1.76 toyzuki just because I had most of the parts and a friend handed me a V1 chassis.

Bomber axles are coming this week. Absolutely bomb proof I reckon.

Honcheato is just kinda kicking it. Not sure what I'm going to end up doing with it, I have too many parts sitting around to justify tearing it apart so I may just swap it to brushed and use its 2850 slate/mamba x in something else.

The trx4 does now have the early bronco body and it fits perfectly. I'm having too much fun with that rig as is but I really want to swap it to brushless.

The bouncer went away, I got tired of looking at it.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #39
Gold Star Baby!

Revisiting this for sh** and giggles. Looking back on the years builds...

TRX4 Class 1 - well this was built but never made it to being a class 1 and is now in the midst of becoming v2 of the TRX10.2. Just need a servo and to get the new body painted and it will be in the wild again. topher builds a TRX10.2

The 10.2 that was supposed to be a toyzuki but was too good to tear down - still a favorite of mine and possibly the best performer Danza builds a 10.2 kit

Toyzuki v2.5 - this was built and sold. While it was very capable, I used that money to fund other projects and will go a different direction for a comp crawler. topherBuilds Toyzuki v2.5

Mst build - didn’t even get another look. Too many good releases in 2019 to come back to that idea.

Enduro Sendero - this one was fun, need to drive it more but I am a set of chubs away from being done upgrading that one for a while. New body in the works. topher goes Full Sendero

Capra - love the goat! This is a keeper too topher builds a Capra

SSD Trail King - very fond of this truck, recently got some aluminum tubes for the front axle that will go in and will eventually do a new body to show off the engine topher gets the royal treatment

I think that’s all of them for this year. First build of 2020 will be a VFD equipped vs4-10 build. Almost done gathering parts for that. Then I’m planning on rebuilding the original TRX4 I have and getting that back to life. A game changer 4.2 for a comp truck. And hopefully a rear portal truck at some point.

It was a good year for RCs though, looking forward to what 2020 has to offer. Thanks to everyone here for the contributions and activity that makes RCC great.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:05 PM   #40
Pebble Pounder

Finishing a second Injora chassis I picked up cheap on Ebay.

Finally finishing up the other small projects and clearing up my work area.

Then I can clear up my other workbench!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
mv1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

2019 Projects? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EuroCrawl 2019 Zarizi Tech Competitions 42 09-17-2019 12:49 PM
~2019 c7 zr1 STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 118 04-20-2019 08:46 AM
2019 Schedule Traulus Recon G6 2 01-29-2019 10:52 PM