Notices

Thread: What’s next from Axial?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2021, 01:23 PM   #501
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: What’s next from Axial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
While it looks like it's just a bunch of throttle and no brains that is not the case. You can see great examples of both mashing the pedal and mashing the pedal with skill and finesse by finding Tim Cameron, Bobby Tanner or Cash Lecroy on youtube. They're damned skilled drivers that know when to hit the pedal vs just mashing it.

If you want to see hillbillies just stomping the loud pedal find plow boy or gold rush, they're on the opposite end of skill lever vs dollars.
Just as Axial did a Poison Spyder version of the Wraith Spawn, would love to see a Bobby Tanner endorsed/inspired rock basher!!
Den72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2021, 06:36 PM   #502
Rock Crawler

So I've been eyeballing this kit but it says it only comes with 1 locker and you put 1,000,000 diff fluid in the center diff. The last one it leaves open. Has anybody tried installing one of the old AR60 lockers from a Wraith or Bomber to see if they fit? I've been looking at the manuals for both and it looks like they might work but not perfectly. I foresee a shortage of the lockers as everybody is going to want 2 more to cover all the diffs when they build this kit.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:31 PM   #503
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
So I've been eyeballing this kit but it says it only comes with 1 locker and you put 1,000,000 diff fluid in the center diff. The last one it leaves open. Has anybody tried installing one of the old AR60 lockers from a Wraith or Bomber to see if they fit? I've been looking at the manuals for both and it looks like they might work but not perfectly. I foresee a shortage of the lockers as everybody is going to want 2 more to cover all the diffs when they build this kit.
I think most are running the provided locker in the center, and diff fluid 1 million wt to 20 million wt in the diffs. That's my plan for the very near future in my rtr.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 07:34 PM   #504
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I foresee a shortage of the lockers as everybody is going to want 2 more to cover all the diffs when they build this kit.
I doubt it. If you read posts in the Ryft thread, you see the majority of people plan to put the locker in the center diff, and then put super-high weight diff fluid in the front & rear diffs. Personally, I'm planning 2.5M in the rear, and something in the 100K-500K range for the front (and, the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards 300K or 500K).

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:11 AM   #505
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

The AR60 and the new Ryft share nothing, everything is way beefier.

I have 1 in the center and 1 in the back axle, and 1million weight in the front. If your just running higher speed 1 million is good. If you go into 1st gear and start creeping over stuff 1 million will unload somewhat easy. I had a locker in the front but the turning radius definitely took a hit but it really motors over all kinds of stuff fully locked.
Attached Images

Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote

What’s next from Axial? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM