RCC Addict

Default Re: How about something new ??

meh
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #282
I wanna be Dave

^^^ If that isn't sarcasm, you must be really jaded - or you didn't watch the entire video.

Well - I suppose it could just be your opinion!

Sure, it doesn't make sense to use one as a base for a radical custom build - but for what it is, it's incredible that a company has decide to release something like this.

I've certainly seen many custom builds that blow it out of the water, but for an out-of-the-box experience it's incomparable...

If I ever can swing the funds for one - I'd throw my own choice of wheels, tires, shocks, bumpers and Shapeways detail parts (especially the grille) on one to make it as unique as I could!

...and sell off the parts I didn't use - as they should work on all SCX10-based rigs.

(And Harley must have rehearsed a bunch for that video - He's suddenly quite the pitchman! His weekly scale updates are much more informal...)

Last edited by durok; 07-13-2018 at 10:29 AM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #283
I wanna be Dave

I'm pretty surprised to see that these are still in stock, I expected them to move quick but I guess its partly due to the price.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #284
I wanna be Dave

It's certainly nice, but this is still behind the CrossRC BC8 in consideration for me.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #285
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
I'm pretty surprised to see that these are still in stock, I expected them to move quick but I guess its partly due to the price.
The first batch sold out very quickly to stores and customers. Many stores presold them but others did not. We started shipping yesterday so I’m sure there will be a decent amount of time where you will be able to buy them and have them ship right away. We are currently working on the next round and it will be ready to start shipping in the next couple weeks.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:10 PM   #286
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
It's certainly nice, but this is still behind the CrossRC BC8 in consideration for me.
The BC8 is pretty awesome looking and I have been thinking about it pretty intensely. But it’s damn near double the cost for the version that has metal suspension arms instead of 3D printed suspension arms. Plus I just don’t know if I’d drive it as much since it’s pretty limited. Still really cool though. The really are apples and oranges though.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #287
I wanna be Dave

I would probably sell everything besides the rails, tires, and driveshafts.

although the axles are nice and so is the body... its the same reason I don't drive the vaterra bronco. looks too big.

the chromoly threaded inserts are a nice touch on the axles.

definitely not a class 2 comp rig. < try and flame me all you want for that.. but its true. cant hold a torch to the custom rigs out there takin podiums.

coulda went a bit smaller on the tire and a bit narrower axle..
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:23 PM   #288
RCC Addict

Amain still have many stock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #289
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The BC8 is pretty awesome looking and I have been thinking about it pretty intensely. But it’s damn near double the cost for the version that has metal suspension arms instead of 3D printed suspension arms. Plus I just don’t know if I’d drive it as much since it’s pretty limited. Still really cool though. The really are apples and oranges though.
Oh, I'm not saying it's either one or the other! I'm just saying personally for me.... It's acquire BC8 first.... then acquire VS4-10.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #290
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
I would probably sell everything besides the rails, tires, and driveshafts.

although the axles are nice and so is the body... its the same reason I don't drive the vaterra bronco. looks too big.

the chromoly threaded inserts are a nice touch on the axles.

definitely not a class 2 comp rig. < try and flame me all you want for that.. but its true. cant hold a torch to the custom rigs out there takin podiums.

coulda went a bit smaller on the tire and a bit narrower axle..
“Coulda” went with all kinds of different things. While small tire trucks are gaining steam, they don’t hold a place in the market like a truck that is more aimed at decent performance out of the box. You can always bolt a smaller tire on. Narrower axles would be less than industry “standard” and again would fall in that same deminished market size.

While there is always reasons to break the “standard”, many times it is the standard for a reason.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #291
I wanna be Dave

its not a tiny tire truck, I get it Harley. yall went with the cash grab standard. its cool. im patiently going to wait for the rails to be offered separate so I can use them the way I intend to.

another question... aside from the upper link mounts at the chassis rail.. cant the chassis be turned around? this would be to get more anti dive in the front and use the stock bottom hole in the front for the rear for more anti squat so the rig could perform better uphill. this is per Erik_d_lux findings with his comp rig. and proven testing with codyboys rig. though our 3 rigs have a 3 link panhard rear, I believe this can be achieved using the stock rear scx10.2 style rear axle link locations.

just because the standard works... doesn't mean it cant be improved upon for a better driving experience.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:44 PM   #292

Stopped by the LHS on the way home tonight and picked up some stuff for Axial Fest. Is the VS4-10 legal for Axial?
davis53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #293
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
definitely not a class 2 comp rig. < try and flame me all you want for that.. but its true. cant hold a torch to the custom rigs out there takin podiums..
First place in C2 at the KNK TTC against 60+ drivers from around the country.

Does winning one of the biggest events of the year count as holding a torch?
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:05 PM   #294
I wanna be Dave

Modified sorrca rules. Need i say more?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 07-13-2018, 10:25 PM   #295
20K Club

Quote:
its not a tiny tire truck, I get it Harley. yall went with the cash grab standard. its cool. im patiently going to wait for the rails to be offered separate so I can use them the way I intend to.

another question... aside from the upper link mounts at the chassis rail.. cant the chassis be turned around? this would be to get more anti dive in the front and use the stock bottom hole in the front for the rear for more anti squat so the rig could perform better uphill. this is per Erik_d_lux findings with his comp rig. and proven testing with codyboys rig. though our 3 rigs have a 3 link panhard rear, I believe this can be achieved using the stock rear scx10.2 style rear axle link locations.

just because the standard works... doesn't mean it cant be improved upon for a better driving experience.
Saying “cash grab” wouldn’t be accurate. Trying to design and produce a product that will check the boxes of required specs for the most buyers is important. The MST CMX is a fine tiny truck that fits the smaller/narrow idea, but I barely sells in large part because it doesn’t fit the standards. You have a small amount of options that will work with that type of platform.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #296
I wanna be Dave

Read my whole comment.

The standard may be good but there is no reason to not improve upon it.

Even though i might have called it that yall was gonna come out with a kit from ground up.. I guess the basic standard is what we will only get from now on eh?

Old 07-14-2018, 07:53 AM   #297
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis53 View Post
Stopped by the LHS on the way home tonight and picked up some stuff for Axial Fest. Is the VS4-10 legal for Axial?
AxialFest requires an Axial truck. This is not.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 08:50 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
AxialFest requires an Axial truck. This is not.

I bought the Axial Jeep, so I am going to use it. Thanks
davis53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:24 AM   #299
20K Club

Quote:
Read my whole comment.

The standard may be good but there is no reason to not improve upon it.

Even though i might have called it that yall was gonna come out with a kit from ground up.. I guess the basic standard is what we will only get from now on eh?

When referring to standards in terms of popular scale, dimensions, and option part compatibility, then I think saying that we will continue to develop trucks along those guidelines would be a fairl safe bet. “Improving” on those standards is a completely objective standpoint and isn’t something that can’t be done by the release of a kit overnight because those standards are more of an overall average of what is most popular in a market.

Traxxas released a non-standard truck with a 12.7” wheelbase, and it’s plauged with a lack of body choices. So then they released a truck more in line with the standards of the market at the ever so popular 12.3” wheelbase.

People love to customize, so giving them a platform that fits to most of the popular options is a solid path. Narrow axles for example, not in that line of thinking.
Old 07-14-2018, 09:42 AM   #300
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
When referring to standards in terms of popular scale, dimensions, and option part compatibility, then I think saying that we will continue to develop trucks along those guidelines would be a fairl safe bet. “Improving” on those standards is a completely objective standpoint and isn’t something that can’t be done by the release of a kit overnight because those standards are more of an overall average of what is most popular in a market.

Traxxas released a non-standard truck with a 12.7” wheelbase, and it’s plauged with a lack of body choices. So then they released a truck more in line with the standards of the market at the ever so popular 12.3” wheelbase.

People love to customize, so giving them a platform that fits to most of the popular options is a solid path. Narrow axles for example, not in that line of thinking.
Suspension geometry. Is in that line of thinking. You once again ignored what i had typed.

CAN THE CHASSIS RAILS BE TURNED AROUND SO WE CAN GET MORE ANTI DIVE IN THE FRONT?

was that "loud" enough?