Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Illinois

Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #2261
RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

I would really have to sit down and figure the voltage drop to get the current usage for each servo, but I think 2 10As wired straight to the Servo will give more directed power and not allow a fall off of power if one servo gets in a jam. With a single, one servo can draw a significant amount of the power while the other starves in some circumstances.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #2262
RCC Addict

Crazy crab walkers! One servo and one bec is enough to give me a headache
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #2263
RCC Addict

The $WS is an advantage on a gal technical trail course which we rarely run and in the Rock part of a TTC, otherwise, not really worth it to me. A dig will give you some of that on the rocks and possibly on the technical parts too.

Truthfully, I will probably do my TTC build in standard steer config and maybe with a Dig. Low end Power, waterproofing and bullet proofing are the most important parts to a TTC. Exactly what my Brute was before I screwed around with it and added 4WS. Then had to adjust the ride height for the rear steer to have clearance, that threw the CoG off, had to trim more body ruining it's appearance. Next one is going back to fairly simple and Tough build.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #2264
Scale Detail Engineering

Buxom Melons is getting a dig and Hera will have 4ws... I think.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #2265
I wanna be Dave

Zero

I run a BEC into each servo direct. I also leave the BEC on my esc to power it. I have used both 4WS and Dig. Both have + and -. First is if you plan on having a 3d interior you will most likely need to use a transfer case. Unless use the wraith inside.

Transfercase = No dig

I find using a dig is more like driven a comp rig. That I really like. Easy and fun.

4WS is great tight turns also when using it with a 4pk you have al lot of control of your rear for traction. There has been a lot of times I find fighting to climb something and just us a little twitch of the rear. Bam!!! Im up.

Rear steer is a little harder to set up. If your planing on using it on your Wraith axle mounted is the way to going the rear. Heck even 1.1 are axle mounted. Also when mounting on your axle you will not have any problems it holds perfect.

All in all using a dig is a lot easier to use and set up.

But rear steer is fun.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #2266
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Everybody has their opinions on Rear steer and BECs. I ran nothing but HV servers (HS7954TGs) on my Brute with a 20A BEC and it was flawless. I tried running standard 6V High Torque servers with a single 10A BEC on the Wraith and it sucked whale shit. Not so much the ability to turn, but the ability for the rear to hold it's neutral position. If I were to do it again, and I probably will on my TTC build, I will run a BEC for the Front Servo and a BEC for the Rear servo with the BR-XL powering the receiver and the lights.

But, I don't believe I will ever do a C3 rig with Rear steer without the 7.4V servos.
Nods. Well I had these servos handy, so I was going to use them. If I need to go to 7.4V ones, so be it. But yeah I had thought about doing a BEC for the front and a BEC for the rear, then everything else off the BR-XL's BEC. However, I changed my thoughts slightly due to packaging.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #2267
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the tips saydee... I'll try rear steer to start with, and yeah was going to run the servo on the axle anyways. If I don't like it I can swap to dig.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #2268
Rock Crawler

I run my BEC into my receiver, can you power a servo with a BEC without going through the receiver?
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #2269
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
I run my BEC into my receiver, can you power a servo with a BEC without going through the receiver?

Chinese Ancient Secret
Old 02-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #2270
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
Thanks for the tips saydee... I'll try rear steer to start with, and yeah was going to run the servo on the axle anyways. If I don't like it I can swap to dig.

If you do dig. Vanquish is a must. I have had a few different brands. Nothing is even close to the VP

Vanquish fan or not it is a much.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #2271
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
If you do dig. Vanquish is a must. I have had a few different brands. Nothing is even close to the VP

Vanquish fan or not it is a much.
I got Vanquish front and rear.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #2272

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Back on the Tamiya Bruiser Kit Re-Release, RPP has them listed now. I was low on my price estimate. List is $1,295.99 and RPP Sale price is $749.99.
and i will keep my tf2 order...

still would love to have a brand new bruiser tho... i certainly see myself getting one, just to have one.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #2273
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yeah just gotta make a connector that has the signal wire, middle one, from the receiver, and the power wires, outside ones, from the BEC and plug the ESC into that.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #2274
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by thzero View Post
I got Vanquish front and rear.

Sorry Chris

I mean the Dig. It is the only one that really works spot on.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #2275
Rock Crawler

I guess I could have done a quick search before asking a dumb question. Figured out you can easiy, all that remains connected to the rx is the signal wire. This is HUGE for me as it will open up my third channel for a winch and I can still leave my lights plugged into the spot I had the BEC in. This will help me prevent the problems I had previously with the CC BEC making my Chevy drive like an idiot. Get that out of the RX ESC wiring all together. NICE!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #2276
Scale Detail Engineering

Is the current VP Dig a new version?
I have one, an old one, and I think it's different than pics I saw on VP's site.
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #2277
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Is the current VP Dig a new version?
I have one, an old one, and I think it's different than pics I saw on VP's site.

It has always been the same dig.

You might have a different dig .
Old 02-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #2278
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I guess I could have done a quick search before asking a dumb question. Figured out you can easiy, all that remains connected to the rx is the signal wire. This is HUGE for me as it will open up my third channel for a winch and I can still leave my lights plugged into the spot I had the BEC in. This will help me prevent the problems I had previously with the CC BEC making my Chevy drive like an idiot. Get that out of the RX ESC wiring all together. NICE!

I was just playing but good job finding your answers.

I was going to give you the answer soon as I get home to tell the exact answer.

It is the only way I roll now.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #2279
Rock Crawler

Obviously it's friday afternoon and no one feels like working! Lots of activity on here. At least that's what I'm doing, ha. We should do a BBQ or something like cook hamburgers and drink a few beers sometime soon. Saydee keeps talking about his backyard mini moab, not that I'm volunteering his house or anything, but that might be fun.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #2280
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Obviously it's friday afternoon and no one feels like working! Lots of activity on here. At least that's what I'm doing, ha. We should do a BBQ or something like cook hamburgers and drink a few beers sometime soon. Saydee keeps talking about his backyard mini moab, not that I'm volunteering his house or anything, but that might be fun.

I would be willing. I also have a fire pit. Burning logs is fun.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame