Notices

Thread: NIRC. Chit Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #2241
RCC Addict

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post

for those of you who have seats in your rigs i cant say enough how COOL the team3six seats are. i just got some, and they are freaking dope.

...and the seat belt harnesses... oh my... there should be an additional scale point given for them they are so damn cool.

and they weigh a fraction of what a wraith or recaro cell phone seat weighs.
for sure. I have bought about 5 sets over the last 2 years. Have brand new red and black ones going into my Hilux.
neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #2242
I wanna be Dave

Niel there a really nice D90 in the for sale.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #2243
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Exactly. I'll be 40 in 14 months... Not real old but a little late to start an apprenticeship.
When I was in high school, I was seriously considering going to school to become a CNC operator.

I think I'd pick it up easy with my mechanical drafting background and daily interaction with 3d.
Well, I was a mechanical engineer and an electrical engineer. Did all that for my first career, then went to IT, took a break about 6 years ago and worked in Nuclear Chemistry for about 6 months (my minor) then went back to IT (Nuc plants are no fun to work in).

I would love to find something new to do.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #2244

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyh66 View Post
Exactly. I'll be 40 in 14 months... Not real old but a little late to start an apprenticeship.
When I was in high school, I was seriously considering going to school to become a CNC operator.

I think I'd pick it up easy with my mechanical drafting background and daily interaction with 3d.
you could definitely could take your experience and 3d mind and translate it pretty easy to cnc.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #2245
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydee1800 View Post
Niel there a really nice D90 in the for sale.
Way to rich for my blood. Could have bought my old one for less as a roller. That is to top heavy to be anything but a C1. I want just a body to chop up.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #2246
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
Way to rich for my blood. Could have bought my old one for less as a roller. That is to top heavy to be anything but a C1. I want just a body to chop up.

Just wanted to give you the heads up. I would think TOP HEAVY!!!!!!
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #2247
RCC Addict

Ok guys.. I stayed after work and got some stuff done. I did some drawings and I like them both so much that I programed them as well. These are the next wheels that I'm going to make!

M.F.T.'s (Mega Fattie Triangles)
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/57/1328227023677.jpg

"Hoopty Pro's"
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5...8227221781.jpg

Thanks to Mega Fattie and badhoopty for helping come up with the ideas for these wheels.
I named them after you guys.. Lol

Last edited by Die-Laughing; 02-02-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:05 PM   #2248

those are SWEET.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #2249
RCC Addict

Make a set like these American Racing Wheels that I had on my Jeep and I would be all over them.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #2250
Quarry Creeper

I cant wait for my M.F.T.'s!

I may buy a set of Hoopty Pro's too. (i love the Spoon SW388 style)
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:00 PM   #2251
Scale Detail Engineering

Damn G, slingin the bling
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #2252
RCC Addict

Quote:
Make a set like these American Racing Wheels that I had on my Jeep and I would be all over them.
although I'd like to help you out..
I would have to literally "redesign the wheel" to make something that looked even remotely like that.
For now, I'm going to stick to the same overall wheel structure that I have now but, just change up the design on the face of the wheel.
It's going to be hard enough for this one man operation to just make a small batch in my free time to get them to the people that are interested.

Once I get the new wheels made and checked out, I'll have to order material and then I'm going to try and make a decent sized batch and then I'll have to take a break so I can concentrate on other parts like that axle truss I was working on that is on the verge of completion, the two other sets of steelies I want to modify and the two trucks I want to finish sometime in the near future.

I ordered 300pc stainless m3x8 and 200 stainless m3x10 hardware for the wheels today from mcmaster at like 2pm and they were in my mailbox when I got home. Thats crazy fast! I went with the socket head cap screws. Unlike the titanium button heads I have on my wheels. I dont think I really like the button head ones.
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #2253
RCC Addict

Staying with the same shape but in a 5 spoke star is what I meant. But I need 1.9s. Got too many 2.2s. lol, I actually have to many 1.9s and 1.55s too though.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #2254
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
although I'd like to help you out..
I would have to literally "redesign the wheel" to make something that looked even remotely like that.
For now, I'm going to stick to the same overall wheel structure that I have now but, just change up the design on the face of the wheel.
It's going to be hard enough for this one man operation to just make a small batch in my free time to get them to the people that are interested.

Once I get the new wheels made and checked out, I'll have to order material and then I'm going to try and make a decent sized batch and then I'll have to take a break so I can concentrate on other parts like that axle truss I was working on that is on the verge of completion, the two other sets of steelies I want to modify and the two trucks I want to finish sometime in the near future.

I ordered 300pc stainless m3x8 and 200 stainless m3x10 hardware for the wheels today from mcmaster at like 2pm and they were in my mailbox when I got home. Thats crazy fast! I went with the socket head cap screws. Unlike the titanium button heads I have on my wheels. I dont think I really like the button head ones.
Ill buy the button head TI screws for my wheels. I think the TI will contrast the black nicely.
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #2255
RCC Addict

Back on the Tamiya Bruiser Kit Re-Release, RPP has them listed now. I was low on my price estimate. List is $1,295.99 and RPP Sale price is $749.99.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #2256
Scale Detail Engineering

Neil, the hubs are back in... I ordered a set this morning
Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #2257
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Back on the Tamiya Bruiser Kit Re-Release, RPP has them listed now. I was low on my price estimate. List is $1,295.99 and RPP Sale price is $749.99.
That is over the top!
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM   #2258
Rock Crawler

So I got the revo rod ends in now, so I can put on Rick's links.

Not going to do the rear steer for Sunday or next comp, but I've been thinking about how to wire it. Unfortunately in the waterproof box I just have room for the receiver, bec, and light controller, so now that I've got a Futaba receiver I'm going to plan to power the front servo and lights with the BEC in the BR-XL at 6V (not running HV servos on it) and then the CC BEC I'll use to power the rear servo and the winch. Hopefully that will distribute the load between the two BECs. Thoughts?
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #2259
RCC Addict

Everybody has their opinions on Rear steer and BECs. I ran nothing but HV servers (HS7954TGs) on my Brute with a 20A BEC and it was flawless. I tried running standard 6V High Torque servers with a single 10A BEC on the Wraith and it sucked whale shit. Not so much the ability to turn, but the ability for the rear to hold it's neutral position. If I were to do it again, and I probably will on my TTC build, I will run a BEC for the Front Servo and a BEC for the Rear servo with the BR-XL powering the receiver and the lights.

But, I don't believe I will ever do a C3 rig with Rear steer without the 7.4V servos.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #2260
Scale Detail Engineering

Neil, why not just use the 20A bec again?

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame