neillarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #4262

Default Re: NIRC. Chit Chat

Ill be going to foster about 9am tomorrow I cant do sunday
JAS82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:17 PM   #4263

Just checking in to let everyone know i'm stilAlice been realty busy with work. Water this weekend Sox game next sat and Vegas on the 18th. So i'm not bugging out just been busy
snow4664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #4264

Working on my Wraith. Waterproof ESC & Motor using Plasti Dip. Turned out pretty good only problem is when i wired everyting up lites 1-2 & 7-8 were lit up suggesting wrong motor. Ripped everything out and waterproofed stock ESC AE2 and installed new Traxxas 12t brushed motor that i had laying around and smoked it within Four minutes using a 14t pinion. Throwing in another Tekin brushless system for now. Tried ordering Two BR-XL waterproofed ESCs plus Two motors a 13t for the Wraith and a 21t for the Honcho. I hope that they are restocked very soon. Left an e-mail concerning how bad i need them.
Also tried wireing up my CC BEC acording to diagram 2 and it did not work. I tried everything.
Just ordered a H.H.- T.M.P. 27t motor, Four pinions and about $125.00 in accessories (you don't get much for 125) Parts will be here soon ordered from RPP.
BAD 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #4265
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 1 View Post
Working on my Wraith. Waterproof ESC & Motor using Plasti Dip. Turned out pretty good only problem is when i wired everyting up lites 1-2 & 7-8 were lit up suggesting wrong motor. Ripped everything out and waterproofed stock ESC AE2 and installed new Traxxas 12t brushed motor that i had laying around and smoked it within Four minutes using a 14t pinion. Throwing in another Tekin brushless system for now. Tried ordering Two BR-XL waterproofed ESCs plus Two motors a 13t for the Wraith and a 21t for the Honcho. I hope that they are restocked very soon. Left an e-mail concerning how bad i need them.
Also tried wireing up my CC BEC acording to diagram 2 and it did not work. I tried everything.
Just ordered a H.H.- T.M.P. 27t motor, Four pinions and about $125.00 in accessories (you don't get much for 125) Parts will be here soon ordered from RPP.
If you order the Crawlmaster Pros as Custom Winds, it will let you order and you get them fairly quick, got mine in 2 weeks.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #4266
RCC Addict

I have spent the last 5 days taking care of the wife and house and managed to squeeze some RC work in at the same time. Way too many projects.

Repainted the TF2 and finished the bumper. Not sure I like where it sits so I may change it. Assembly tomorrow.

Painted the Woodsmen Trailer to match the Red Hilux. Waiting for the clear to dry for assembly tomorrow.

Building a few Axial Axles. Digging through spare parts, I have too much shit around here.

And to top it all off, no pics.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #4267
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by neillarson View Post
I have spent the last 5 days taking care of the wife and house and managed to squeeze some RC work in at the same time. Way too many projects.

Repainted the TF2 and finished the bumper. Not sure I like where it sits so I may change it. Assembly tomorrow.

Painted the Woodsmen Trailer to match the Red Hilux. Waiting for the clear to dry for assembly tomorrow.

Building a few Axial Axles. Digging through spare parts, I have too much shit around here.

And to top it all off, no pics.
Sounds like me now. Spent the better part of the day on the Mud Rat. Got lots done. Just have to clean up the wiring, waterproof the RX box and then finish trimming out the body and paint. My 6x6 project showed up today too!
WarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #4268
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
Sounds like me now. Spent the better part of the day on the Mud Rat. Got lots done. Just have to clean up the wiring, waterproof the RX box and then finish trimming out the body and paint. My 6x6 project showed up today too!
Lol,saw that you had picked up a 6X6 so I had to change my 6X6 project to an 8X8 HEMTT. Dumped the HighLift axles and went to Axials. Building them now. Going with a Bar and Leaf rear and 4 link front, R2 with dig, HH 45T Epic and BR-XL. Looking at one the big Hitec 600oz/in servos to handle the front 2 axles. Probably won't get much farther that the chassis and axles for now. I want to finish my Willys first.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #4269
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Lol,saw that you had picked up a 6X6 so I had to change my 6X6 project to an 8X8 HEMTT. Dumped the HighLift axles and went to Axials. Building them now. Going with a Bar and Leaf rear and 4 link front, R2 with dig, HH 45T Epic and BR-XL. Looking at one the big Hitec 600oz/in servos to handle the front 2 axles. Probably won't get much farther that the chassis and axles for now. I want to finish my Willys first.
Well I'm not happy with too much of the geometry. I really just bought it for the axles-chassis-and trans. I'm more than likely going to just run front steer. The front will be CMS/W a panhard. Most of the stuff is there but it needs a good servo mount and upper panhard mount. I'm going to make that. The rear two axles I want to be able to freely independently flex.

For me this build I'm not really trying to model it after a 1:1 trials truck. I like the look of the MAN trucks but to be honest that look just isn't going to get what I want this thing to be. I have considered using a Unimog cab as a start and rolling back from there. Right now it has a betty body on it. That isn't really a look I'm wedded to either.

This build is prolly going to end up looking like a redneck got a hold of a deuce and a half and decided to build a fire wood getting, tree flattening, mud splashing, hauling some corn over to the next hollow kinda rig. Ugly as sin but goes where you point it....

Maybe something along the lines of this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEdYn1IIQzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eifMa...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFvo...eature=related

Last edited by WarTrader; 04-07-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #4270
RCC Addict

Man those are some ugly trucks. Perfect 6x6 build for our terrain.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #4271
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Man those are some ugly trucks. Perfect 6x6 build for our terrain.
I agree I'm narrowing it down a little at a time I have three bodys in mind. I wanna get my C2 Mud Rat done before I start on the 6X6 . I think my big motivation to stay away from the trial truck look is too many have or are doing it. Not to mention they all end up being 1/12th scale and look kinda goofy compared to everything else at a trail ride. It's just a personal thing I guess. I might hit you up to do a little brazing for me LOL.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:25 PM   #4272
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
I agree I'm narrowing it down a little at a time I have three bodys in mind. I wanna get my C2 Mud Rat done before I start on the 6X6 . I think my big motivation to stay away from the trial truck look is too many have or are doing it. Not to mention they all end up being 1/12th scale and look kinda goofy compared to everything else at a trail ride. It's just a personal thing I guess. I might hit you up to do a little brazing for me LOL.
Not a problem, let me know if you need help.

Mine is going to be a stretch of my skills as I am facing the frame and suspension out of aluminum and making my own leafs. Then of course the body and bed have to be scratch built with styrene. I am going for the M977 HEMTT look. I would do an ordinance truck or a wrecker if I thought I could manage the fab of the crane.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #4273
Rock Crawler

Once I decide on a body I may need some tube work. I have two benders and all the stuf to fish eye, a small map gas torch, and I even have the steel. It's just living in a apartment building it just really isn't viable you know ?

I was going to do everything down to the point of tacking it together, then I'll probably beg for help to tack it together LOL
Old 04-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #4274
Rock Crawler

Paint, paint and more paint. Off to paint some more...and not even the fun kind of painting (like a new body). Painting walls sucks! Getting there though. I've only got 1 more week until the move to Downers. Have a nice Easter ladies! Eat lots of Cadbury Eggs!
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #4275
RCC Addict

I got the trailer finished for it except for a license plate and lights. It is a Dinky Woodsmen with 1.55 Mud Hogs on some painted steelies. I did the same bed liner treatment that I did on the Hilux, Flat Black paint with fine sand spread over it while wet them a second light coat of Flat Black.

It matches this when it is done, or will match it.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #4276
Scale Detail Engineering

wow Neil, that is really good!
I like it
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #4277
RCC Addict

Looks good.. How tall are those tires? Lots of ground clearance under that thing
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #4278
Rock Crawler

Neil have you tried that aerosol bed liner you can get from autozone before? I have a can out in the garage I was thinking about using on my clod. Just curious...I was a little worried the texture may be too large looking. They make a couple kinds and I can't remember which I have but the texture size differs between brands.
JHTreyIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #4279
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
Neil have you tried that aerosol bed liner you can get from autozone before? I have a can out in the garage I was thinking about using on my clod. Just curious...I was a little worried the texture may be too large looking. They make a couple kinds and I can't remember which I have but the texture size differs between brands.
I used it on my wraith... thought the textu came out pretty well.
thzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #4280
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
Looks good.. How tall are those tires? Lots of ground clearance under that thing
They are 4.37" tall and 1.37" wide, so tall and fairly narrow. Not bad for 1.55s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTreyIII View Post
I know Chris used a version of that, but I thought the same, they texture of the bed liners I had in my Jeep and my dodge Ram was a little heavier than US Navy Non Skid. I think the sand reproduces that pretty well and is real easy to fix if it scratches. I didn't use it on my TF2 as I am going to be running a shell and my blue Hilux is a tribute build of my Bro-In-Laws 1X1 and he ran the good old fashioned rust version of a bed liner. lol.

Tags
baby mama drama, ban the mouth!, disappearing ta, disappearing tag show, fattittybrits, kidsthesedays, ls1 everything, rc hippies, tittie artist, winter is lame