Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Summit RC Rock Crawlers fort wayne, IN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

I do have a request. I have a lot of land by the off road dirt track that I can put free rocks on. My goal is to have as many rocks as I can get to fill this spot up, so courses can be changed up from event to event. the ditch run is pretty much solid and going to not change and the hill climbs are the same way. So if i can get the rocks Dale the owner says they can stay.

So hear it is an A.P.B. for ROCK's as big as you can move or bigger, even small ones too.

seth
airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #22

my blue txt-1 and my buddy keller4200's g made spider at our course
Attached Images

Dtowncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Very cool
Old 04-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Default Summit Crawling

I am just finishing up an Axial Scorpion build and live in Fort Wayne. I am interested in running the comps. Keep us posted on when and what time you'll be meeting to tune & test and I see about stopping to help out.

Bryce
Outlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #25

Hopefully I can find some time Saturday to come out and take a look. If I do, I'll probably spend the evening going through the garage to figure out which R/C equipment I can sell to generate some fun money. I have a Tamiya F1 I think I can part with!
Looks like the interest is growing, Seth. Who knows where it might lead. I'm going out to the website tonight to put a little something on the front page, including links to this forum and the Hobbytalk one. When you get your webpage ready, let me know and we'll link to it also.
sheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

April 20th -- Test N tune

May 4th -- Test N tune
May 25th -- 1st Summit Rock

June 8th -- Test N tune
June 22nd -- 2nd Summit Rock

July 20th -- 3rd Summit Rock

August 17th -- 4th Summit Rock
August 24th -- Test N tune
August 31st -- Finals Summit Rock
on all of these days I will be at the track by 10am

Scott,

Man that would be great if you could slow it down on the rocks with us!!!! As for that F201, I have my own shelf queen to attend to.

Bryce,

I will be at the track by 10am this Saturday to do work even if its raining, I may not do any thing out side but I will be there so if any one stops by I would like to meet you guys.

seth

Last edited by airborn; 04-11-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #27

Default still up for tomorrow

hey seth ill stilll be showing up sometime around noon. i heard today a few ppl talking bout bring some rocks up there for the event so i think this event is really going to pull together and be a sucess. so im really glad to give a helping hand to get this thing rolling.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Hey Seth, got a chance to check out the spots at the track today,they look like they are going to be awsome! I spent a little time talking with Dale and Josh.Josh filled me in on the basic plans you had in mind, it sounds like your going to have a top notch course when its finished. Im looking forward to getting over there to get involved. I cant make this weekend but I will be there next week.It seems youve done an impressive amount of work in a very short time,great job!
jgb7038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:04 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

DTC,

looking ofrward to meeting you. The more rocks the better, lets have a rock party.

JGB,

Thank you. Yeah I am glad you got to talk with those guys, Dale and Josh are straight up guys, and a lot of help. I still have more in the works and only a month to get it all together. Any help is appreciated.

seth
Old 04-11-2008, 11:47 PM   #30
I joined the Band!

Default getxrxdone64

i will be their with my axail rock crawler,it looks like a good area to do it seth
getxrxdone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Seth,

I live down here in farm country. My uncle farms 3500 acres, they pick up rocks like there is no end. I can try to get all I can from them if you would like me too. Let me know.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:49 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

I helped Seth a little while today, and I must say it's going to be pretty cool. I have a AX10 in the mail as we speak and really look forward to running with everyone. I view crawling as a chess match and can't wait to get started. Here is a flier we came up with....

sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handicrawler View Post
Seth,

I live down here in farm country. My uncle farms 3500 acres, they pick up rocks like there is no end. I can try to get all I can from them if you would like me too. Let me know.

Yes we want rocks!!!! Just today a guy that lives on a farm, that I think may get a 2.2 and start wheeling with us, brough a truck load of rocks and dumped um. so yes rocks and more rocks.

Ben,

I hope you didnt get in any hot water with the misses. Thank you for the help!

Josh, Adam, and Corey helped out a lot we cleared the hole ditch run. Now we need to work on the hill climbs.

seth
Old 04-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #34

Sorry couldnt make it today, I had my daughter today but defintly coming next weekend when you guys be there? My buddy has to work but were going to come up until he has to go to work.
keller4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

That's cool Seth, I wish I could have stuck around longer then I did. You have something good going on dude. People won't be disappointed when they see it.

Ben
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #36
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by keller4200 View Post
defintly coming next weekend when you guys be there? My buddy has to work but were going to come up until he has to go to work.

Keller,

I met Dtown and his lady, he is stoked about our course. Next Saturday is a work day on the rock course and off road dirt track, also we have a indoor tracktor pulloff going on so big day for summit. I will be there around 10 am again to start on the hill climbs. If you show up bring any tools you have for cutting and sheering brush, also and rakes would be good too.

I am at work or I would post some pics I took to day of what we got done.

Don't for get our first test and tune is next sunday the 20th doors open at 10am be there or be stoned...... Just a little mid evil hummor about rocks.

seth

Last edited by airborn; 04-12-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #37

hey seth just wanted to let you know the track is going to be awsome really looking forward to it. seems like alot of nice poeple are invovled in this so i think it all should go really well. sorry i did't stick around today to help clear out but the misses was with me. next friday or sat if your there ill be there to give a hand.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtowncrawler View Post
hey seth just wanted to let you know the track is going to be awsome really looking forward to it. seems like alot of nice poeple are invovled in this so i think it all should go really well. sorry i did't stick around today to help clear out but the misses was with me. next friday or sat if your there ill be there to give a hand.

Yep! Hope every thing went well on your anniversary..... It will have to be Saturday for me, you know the 2nd shift thing. If you can make it Friday I bet any thing that a few rock guys would be up there.

seth
Old 04-13-2008, 12:19 AM   #39

hey seth saturday works fine for me i told the old lady ive got plans to help so ill come up there by 10:00 when your there to help. i got my 2.2 runing today, its no axial but should still compete. quick ? are we running rear steer in the 2.2 class or do i need to lock it in. all bring both up next weekend and give the course a shot ready to see how the super does there.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:41 AM   #40
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtowncrawler View Post
quick ? are we running rear steer in the 2.2 class or do i need to lock it in. all bring both up next weekend and give the course a shot ready to see how the super does there.
NO, the usrcca rules state the 2.2 class may only have 2 wheel steer. So if you wanted you could lock the front up and just use the rear

hear are the rules for the summit Rock.

http://www.usrcca.com/rules2008.pdf

that would be great, bring um both...

seth