Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Kansas

Notices

View Poll Results: If you have more then one truck for each class, vote and then comment with the total
1.9 6 75.00%
2.2 5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Rules/regs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #41

Default Re: Rules/regs

Just some ideas I had!

Street Stock, Weekend Warrior
-Tires of either 1.5 or 1.9 size
-One Motor only
-No Rear steer
-No Dig
-Must be of a off road vehicle of some sort
- 13” Wheelbase Max
- Wheel wells may be altered some, but keep the wheelbase close to that of the body
- Wheels and tires may stick outside of body sides.

2.2 class
-Tires of 2.2 size
-Dig OR rear steer, Can only use ONE per event.
-Must resemble a full size rig
-Bodied or tuber
-Tubers should have body panels
-One motor Only
- 14” Wheelbase Max

Open class
-Any tire
-Dig allowed
-Rear steer allowed
-MOA allowed
-If it has 4 wheels run it. Even 3, or 6 or 8!
-If you can build it, bring it
ksbs456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #42

I think a scoring system like Scale 4x4's would be included as well. That way if you do have accessories, they get counted and it's left up to the person to customize their rigs as they feel.
DJSCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbs456 View Post
Just some ideas I had!

Street Stock, Weekend Warrior
-Tires of either 1.5 or 1.9 size
-One Motor only
-No Rear steer
-No Dig
-Must be of a off road vehicle of some sort
- 13” Wheelbase Max
- Wheel wells may be altered some, but keep the wheelbase close to that of the body
- Wheels and tires may stick outside of body sides.

2.2 class
-Tires of 2.2 size
-Dig OR rear steer, Can only use ONE per event.
-Must resemble a full size rig
-Bodied or tuber
-Tubers should have body panels
-One motor Only
- 14” Wheelbase Max

Open class
-Any tire
-Dig allowed
-Rear steer allowed
-MOA allowed
-If it has 4 wheels run it. Even 3, or 6 or 8!
-If you can build it, bring it

I like it.

DJ- so like what?? 1 point per scale item, limit say 10 items. then some points for meeting a few other scale cirteria? would we use this simply as a "tie breaker" guide lines, or figure these points in to the finale score?? that limit might even be a bit high, i dunno which way to go on this part.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

I agree that we sholdn't be forced to have scale items on our rigs. Some rigs are just not condusive to that kind of styling. However, I do feel like you should get some limited credit for having such items. I do like the three classes that ksbs456 put out. Nobody gets left out that way.

It would be nice to have two widths on the gates though. One norrower (is that a word?) gate for the 1.55 and 1.9 rigs and one wider for the 2.2 and open class.
ElBandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #45
RCC Addict

I like that idea, or we can just do a 1 and 1/2 width based on the 2.2 rigs and call it good. i dunno maybe that won't work everywhere....
Old 09-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBandito View Post
I agree that we sholdn't be forced to have scale items on our rigs. Some rigs are just not condusive to that kind of styling. However, I do feel like you should get some limited credit for having such items. I do like the three classes that ksbs456 put out. Nobody gets left out that way.

It would be nice to have two widths on the gates though. One norrower (is that a word?) gate for the 1.55 and 1.9 rigs and one wider for the 2.2 and open class.

i have to agree, not everyone wants a heap of crap strapped to their rig. I wouldnt want it on mine!
Simplicity is what makes a rig look scale imo, too much....looks like dogshit!
some of the rigs on that vid in this thread looked horrible! Although i loved that vid.....i was in drumheller a few years ago but never had my RC's with me :(
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #47

Glad you guys like them, I wanted to make rules that would answer any questions anyone may have. I tried to make them simple, but with enough guidelines. I am working on a points deduction system for scale items. such as -1 for a scale cooler. So when you gain points, say something like hitting a Gate +5, you will get one point deducted from your score... Hope to have something this week. For gate widths, I thought about picking a few makes of axles ect, getting an average and going 1 1/2 times width like Doc said. So there would be different width gates for each class. Want to make it challenging, but not so much it is terribly difficult. Its all about fun, and the classes and rules will just help show us how much we improve our rigs, and our driving.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #48

Hey all! Here is the rundown on what I could bring.
one 1.9 dingo nearly stock.
One 2.2 that really needs a dig to get around because of the long wheel base and crappy steering but I can do without it ( the black ford). I didn't use dig the last two times I ran with you folks and it performed great. On a gated course I would take many reverse penalties but I don't care about being first. I can always throw money at it if I want it to steer better.
One 2.2 with a mechanical dig that can be locked out pretty easy. Once again it has a long wheel base and due to steering geometry it is limited.
One MoA comp crawler with electric dig. It in no way resembles a scaler.
Lastly I have a lone chassis without tires I can't decide on. It will probably be a 1.9 rig. (looking for a transmission btw- message me if you have one)

I can work with whatever is decided and don't think I should have much say in your "house rules" since I can't make too many of your gatherings each year but I'll throw my two cents in.

I've never ran a gated trail or crawl though I really want to. I am perfectly fine running competitively. What I would not recommend is to put time limits on a gated run...ie... "Hey bud, i know you never made it through the second gate and had like 5 reverse penalties which runs you out of time... take your rig off the competiton area." I understand some Competitions are run this way due to the amount of entries and all that. Since I have to drive a long ways to drive in order to run with you guys I would be pretty sad if this type of rule was adopted. NOT to say I think you would cause you don't seem like that strict of a group.

-SR
Topekacrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #49
RCC Addict

oh yeah, i would time restraint was never even a thought, the only time time should be used is for tie breakers, which would be a good alternative to the scale items points (dose not seem to be popular)
Old 09-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #50

I like the idea of using a time for tie breaker. I still think it would be ok to use scale points to reduce penalties, Carrying spares and items does make it more challenging, but i don't think it should be required. We could set maximum times for courses, say if it takes you more than 7 minutes you get 30 or so points added to your score? I still like reverse penalties, penalties for roll overs or touches.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #51
RCC Addict

What I was trying to say is this: I think a few comps ding you point for both rolling and for going out of bounds if you roll off course. I don't think we should have a boundary penalty. Points for rolling and one penalty per scoring section for winching.

Last edited by Docwolf; 09-10-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbs456 View Post
I like the idea of using a time for tie breaker. I still think it would be ok to use scale points to reduce penalties, Carrying spares and items does make it more challenging, but i don't think it should be required. We could set maximum times for courses, say if it takes you more than 7 minutes you get 30 or so points added to your score? I still like reverse penalties, penalties for roll overs or touches.
I agree! Using time only for a tie braker sounds alright. I remember once in Omaha at the 2009 Midwest Indoor Challenge I "timed out", it was a bummer cause I hadn't made it to the intense part!

Points should be awarded for scale items.

I too like the idea of penalties for reverse, roll overs, touches, etc. Maybe we could even add an "out of bounds" to some courses?
grob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #53
Master Rocksmith...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docwolf View Post
One thing. I think few places mail you twice if you roll and go out of bounds . I think, always of you roll back you r wheels. That it should only be on deduction. Vesicle I guess only deduct for wenching.
Dude, are you drunk or what? Lol... I've never seen you type this bad... Haha not even sure what your saying...
FlightInstrukta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #54
RCC Addict

Fraking phone
Old 09-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Fraking phone
Sure blame the phone. I think you were on the sauce.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
What I was trying to say is this: I think a few comps ding you point for both rolling and for going out of bounds if you roll off course. I don't think we should have a boundary penalty. Points for rolling and one penalty per scoring section for winching.
We need points for rolling and out of bounds, but not double jeopardy for rolling out of bounds.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #57

Quote:
I like it.

DJ- so like what?? 1 point per scale item, limit say 10 items. then some points for meeting a few other scale cirteria? would we use this simply as a "tie breaker" guide lines, or figure these points in to the finale score?? that limit might even be a bit high, i dunno which way to go on this part.
Different items like ksbs456 was saying would carry different values. Something like a spare would be worth more than say a cooler because of the weight added to the rig, although multiples of items wouldn't really be counted. Winch's would carry their own value as well as in the event of a roll over, you could use it to not have "as" many points added for the rollover. I'll list some points systems here sometime this week after the homework load dies down.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSCX10 View Post
Different items like ksbs456 was saying would carry different values. Something like a spare would be worth more than say a cooler because of the weight added to the rig, although multiples of items wouldn't really be counted. Winch's would carry their own value as well as in the event of a roll over, you could use it to not have "as" many points added for the rollover. I'll list some points systems here sometime this week after the homework load dies down.
So how many points do I get for a scale size playboy and a chick driver?
Wraithascale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #59

2.2 I have but me and my daughter are going to get a 1.9 aswell!!!!!
Kingsford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #60

Something based on this:

Scale Class: All rigs in the Scale class will start off with 0 points and points will be deducted during the competitions. The object is complete the course without incurring points. Point deductions are listed below. Speed is rewarded.

Reverse + 1 point
Rollover + 5 points
Gate + 5 points
Touch + 5 points
Time: - 5 points (awarded if course completed in time allowance: An additional -5 points will be awarded to the fastest time)
DNF + 40 points + 5 points per gate not completed
*Rescue - 5 points

Reverse: Using the throttle to reverse course. Non powered roll backs are allowed. During gated courses each driver is allowed 1 reverse per gate without penalty.

Rollover: Points are assessed when a vehicle rolls over and does not right itself or can not be righted without touching. Winching is allowed without incurring a penalty. Once righted the vehicle must be driven back into position. All gates not already cleared are still live while on a gated course.

Gate: Failure to pass all 4 wheels through a gate or touching a gate with any part of the vehicle. Gate must be cleared in its intended direction. Winching through a gate is allowed. Once a gate is cleared that gate is dead.

Touch: Any contact made to the vehicle by any person during a run. If the touch is resulting in the vehicle being placed back on course the vehicle may not be placed any further forward than the most recent point of progress.

Winch: Winches may be used at any time along the course without penalty unless any part of the winch touches a gate. If that occurs a gate penalty will be assessed.

Time: A 5:00 minute (or 1 minute per gate) time limit can be applied per run, this is not required and will be at the discretion of those judging the courses.

DNF: If a vehicle is unable to complete the course regardless of reason a DNF will be assessed. If a DNF is assessed then they will be scored with +40 points add to their current point total plus 5 points for every gate not completed.

*Rescue: Using another vehicle to free a vehicle on course. The rescue vehicle will only be allowed during runs in which the buddy system is in place. The rescuer will receive the bonus points.

*Buddy System: When the buddy system is in use 2 vehicles will run the course, the leading vehicle is the one being scored during that run. The “buddy” is the follower and will not be scored unless a rescue is requested. After the course has been completed the drivers will reverse order and the “buddy” now becomes the leader. Driving order will be decided by a coin flip. Buddy pairing will also be decided by chance. Method of determination will be decided on site based on number of participants.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Scale appearance points will be deducted from the final score of each event. Appearance points are listed below.

-5 Points (up to a maximum of 20 points)
·Hard body (rigid construction, usually abs or polystyrene: essentially any body that is not lexan)
·Detailed Bed (drop beds, flat beds, tube beds: should be realistic representations)
·Interior detail (must have at least driver & passenger seat, dashboard, & steering wheel)
·Offroad trailer (must be towed during entire event)

-3 Points (up to a maximum of 15 points)
·Roof rack with large scale item (canoe or similar, item must be secured to rack with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Bed item with large scale item (quad, dirt bikes or similar, item must be secured with tie downs; no Velcro will be permitted.)
·Realistic bumpers (point per bumper)
·Functional winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Functional spare tire (should be same size as being run on vehicle; i.e. no 1.9 spare on a 2.2 vehicle)
·Scale engine (i.e. Parma hemi)

-1 Point (up to a maximum of 10 points)
·Functional Lights (per set: Headlights / tail lights / roof / rollbar / crawling)
·Driver / Passenger figure (should be scale in size, in other words a 4 inch G.I. Joe figure in a 1/6 scale truck wouldn’t work. 1 point per person)
·Spare tire (non functional)
·Non Functional Winch (per winch, front or rear)
·Scale accessories (jerry cans, cooler, snatch straps, etc {multiples of a particular item will only score once: for example if you have 2 jerry cans you will only score for 1 jerry can})

Custom Body Bonus: This bonus is awarded for custom build work done to a body, this ranges from stretching, widening, combining, and scratch building. This is added on top of Scale points.

-5 points for any major custom body work (i.e. building a crew cab, grafting lexan and hard bodies*, etc)
-5 points for major tubular work. (i.e. full exocage, full tube chassis that supports and/or conforms to the body)
-10 points for scratch builds (i.e. building a body from the ground up; no OEM basis)

*50% rule applies to lexan/hard combos; in the case of a lexan/hard combo the body will be judged on the basis of whether it is more than 50% lexan or more than 50% hard.

Rules/regs - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Class descriptions/regs for crawler newbie trevinator Newbie General 7 07-06-2012 08:20 AM
comp rules n regs CHEETAHRON General Crawlers 13 07-23-2009 11:11 AM
where can i find rules & regs for comps? TONKA TOY General Crawlers 3 05-24-2007 08:23 PM
WB rules? nktrnl Newbie General 4 10-09-2006 12:04 PM