Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I won it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #161
RCC Addict

My lipo's and charger are on the way. Says they will be here on the 12th.. I think I going to order a 3" dia piece of delrin and attempt to make some knuckle weights. Is there a good place to order this? I also want to get some delrin 3/8" and 1/2". Is there a really strong glue for delrin or is screwing it the best.

thanks
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #162
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggynutt View Post
My lipo's and charger are on the way. Says they will be here on the 12th.. I think I going to order a 3" dia piece of delrin and attempt to make some knuckle weights. Is there a good place to order this? I also want to get some delrin 3/8" and 1/2". Is there a really strong glue for delrin or is screwing it the best.

thanks
US Plastics is where I get my Delrin from
http://www.usplastic.com/?gclid=CKjf...FchM4AodRXoWww

I would screw the delrin on instead of glue
but that's just me

Regards Rick
v84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #163
RCC Addict

I had to do a few mods....

first I had to grind my skid

I need to clean it up

Next I put some little pieces of fule line under my stearing links to keep them from twisting.

Then I had to see it on the rocks..(my rocks seem so small now)

What do you all think?? Im likin it..
Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #164
SuperShafty.com

that is looking really good man!! good job. think it will be running next week?
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #165
I wanna be Dave

Nice and shiny. Time to scratch that mutha up
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #166
RCC Addict

I will get it scratched up soon enough. lol

How much weight do you recomend in the wheels? I didnt want to put it in there but I dont like the way it looks anywhere else. I orderd some delrin so I could make nuckle weight like Rick made. I like that since they are more hidden. Anyways is 20oz per front to heavy? Total tire/wheel and weights. I think my rig is damn light for a super, at only 9.2lbs without the battery and and dropping and extra pound of weights on it. lol I heard/read that most super class weight in about 13-16lbs is that about right?

thanks
Old 09-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Mine weighs just over 11lbs. I don't run any weight. I am a firm believer in lighter is better, and if you have your chassis set up with the correct bias, you shouldn't need any.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #168
RCC Addict

I like my other crawlers to have a heavy front , to me it seem to climb better. I put just enough weight in the wheels just to make it tip forward when balanced in the center. I think that it will be just under 10lbs with the battery.

Hey Rick, I want to figure out a rear dig for this beast.. You said you had some ideas in the works..Im going to try to come up with some ideas as well and maybe together we can get one setup on your 8mm outputs..just an idea.

thanks again everyone
Old 09-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #169
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I like my other crawlers to have a heavy front , to me it seem to climb better. I put just enough weight in the wheels just to make it tip forward when balanced in the center. I think that it will be just under 10lbs with the battery.

Hey Rick, I want to figure out a rear dig for this beast.. You said you had some ideas in the works..Im going to try to come up with some ideas as well and maybe together we can get one setup on your 8mm outputs..just an idea.

thanks again everyone
Looking GREAT Jason !!!!

I do have a 8mm output in the works
for the VP dig unit but am still a month or 2 away from having that done

I think you will have fun learning to drive your new rig
while you wait for all the new products to come
It will make you a better driver.............

cant wait to see the video's

regards Rick
Old 09-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #170
RCC Addict

I got my lipo's today...yeah.. Im goin to go test everything in the morning after I drop off the kids at school...I dont really know what to expect. I know I will need to get it tuned and set up but I have to get a few scratchs on it to prove its not a shelf queen..lol

thanks all
Old 09-12-2011, 06:26 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Ah yah!! Drive it like you stole it
Old 09-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #172
SuperShafty.com

yeah, let us know what you tihnk of those tires too man! i am ordering some and am pretty interested in what you think.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #173
RCC Addict

You all know I had to juice it up.....I got all my deens conectors on and charged up the lipo..had to read alot to figure out the new charger but got it goin. I put in the 3s and tossed it on the floor and climbed my couch..holly crap I wish I would have gone lipo along time ago.. tork and wheel spead to spare.. I has so much tork it almost flips over sideways from the twist. I like it alot.. so far its up a couch, down some stairs, over my kids, chased the dogs, and left some skid marks on the fridge. Well it was to dark outside to see a black creepy crawly out so I did what I had to...lol I cant wait until the mornin to hit some rocks..

Im gettin ready and packed right now..lol I might get picks if I dont get to excited...lol
Old 09-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #174
I wanna be Dave

Just remember we want pics of the rig, not the, er, excited part

Old 09-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #175
SuperShafty.com

very awesome man. i like the story!!!

hows that gear mesh sound now?

Last edited by mjderstine; 09-12-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #176
RCC Addict

Im chargin my crapy lil vid cam and will se if I can get it to work. If not I will try to get something with my new phone...I got the droid x2 and have been wanting to see what it can do also..lol Im all packed up and ready to go.. I will have something tomorrow.. if nothin else I will show you the new scratches..lol
Old 09-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #177
RCC Addict

EErrrr...I got called in on a job at 6am and didnt get to go out and play. I just got home and decided to go out on the rockpile in the backyard and play....more EErrrr...lol I was climbin over some rocks and started to get some twitching, got over a few more and seemed ok...got into a little bind so I flipped the rear steer and twitch,glitch, and lots O shaky shaky...I change the batteries in controler because they were low and tried it again...SAME f-in thing..I got A PROBLEM...I almost turned it into a plane.. but restrained myself. I checked everything really quick and it all looked good so I reconected the lipo and gave it some juice, again when I hit the rocks It got shtty again. I have no clue what is going on. The motor did not even get warm, lipo still cool, EErrrr What the he// is goin on. I got it in the house, sat down at the table and started lookin. The box I got the esc, and r/x in was warm. Guess I should take and remount that stuff and let it breath. I need help I think. Do I need to get a bec? Is it posible that Im pullin to much power and it freakin out?

Let me know what you all think PLEASE.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #178
Rock Crawler

Quote:
EErrrr...I got called in on a job at 6am and didnt get to go out and play. I just got home and decided to go out on the rockpile in the backyard and play....more EErrrr...lol I was climbin over some rocks and started to get some twitching, got over a few more and seemed ok...got into a little bind so I flipped the rear steer and twitch,glitch, and lots O shaky shaky...I change the batteries in controler because they were low and tried it again...SAME f-in thing..I got A PROBLEM...I almost turned it into a plane.. but restrained myself. I checked everything really quick and it all looked good so I reconected the lipo and gave it some juice, again when I hit the rocks It got shtty again. I have no clue what is going on. The motor did not even get warm, lipo still cool, EErrrr What the he// is goin on. I got it in the house, sat down at the table and started lookin. The box I got the esc, and r/x in was warm. Guess I should take and remount that stuff and let it breath. I need help I think. Do I need to get a bec? Is it posible that Im pullin to much power and it freakin out?

Let me know what you all think PLEASE.

Thanks

OH

Yes....I think you should be running a BEC for sure

Also is your transmitter FM or AM or 2.4ghz ?????

Rick
Old 09-13-2011, 04:47 PM   #179
RCC Addict

Im running a dx3e 2.4, I never used a bec before so I didnt really think about it until now. I only really gets bad when I go rear steer as well as front while climbing something.

thanks
Old 09-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #180
Nobody

I'm thinking BEC. My ambush had problems glitching while turning and a BEC fixed it up.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote