Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I won it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #181
SuperShafty.com

i'd go with a bec too. is this thing a lot bigger than anything else you ever had before? if so the esc bec won't even be close to enough to handle both servos.
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 PM   #182
RCC Addict

Yes I have never ran dual servo's and this is by far the biggest I have owned/run. I never used or needed a bec before. I guess I just add it to the list of stuff to get. Im completely broke right now so it will be a week or 2 before I can get one. Anyone have a bec for real cheep?lol It kinda sucks to over look something like this. I even kinda planed on getting one, I just didnt think it was going to make it undriveable...Im so bummed I hope thats the only problem to fix the twitch. I guess it was going to smooth anyways...lol It will give me time to get the links adjusted, it seems to dog track really bad. I also noticed it has tons of tork twist so that needs to be adressed(any ideas on this would be great). I think I need to shorten the wheel base so I can lower the chassis and still be under 18".

Anyways I think Im going to start tearin it down tonight so I can get a few of these things done while I wait for funds to come in.

Sorry I didnt get pics I was just to pissy to think about it.

thanks everyone
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #183
SuperShafty.com

sounds the bed will fix it up then.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Adjustable-BEC

this will work. really the only one you should consider buying too. just don't know about finding it cheaper.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #184
I wanna be Dave

I run the Castle BEC Pro(20amp). Lots of guys run two 10amp BECs. The pro just puts it all in one package. I do think that two of the 10amp BECs will be smaller than the pro though.
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:29 AM   #185
SuperShafty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
I run the Castle BEC Pro(20amp). Lots of guys run two 10amp BECs. The pro just puts it all in one package. I do think that two of the 10amp BECs will be smaller than the pro though.
http://www.castlecreations.com/products/ccbec.html
i;ve got the pro for a boat project of mine. it is as bug as a ESC. so make sure you are okey seeing it, or have room for it. you also need two empty slots in the RX for this thing.

things to keep in mind. but it is the bomb for performance.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 AM   #186
RCC Addict

Ok I only have a 3ch rx/tx. If I got the pro I wouldnt be able to use it. I would have to put both servo's on one ch. and I dont want that. If I use the cc bec, will that only give power to one servo?? I didnt think I need 1 bec per servo,I thought it was just a matter of put it in there and you had better power to what ever you run. Im lost.... You all have actualy confused me on this..What I thought was not right I guess. Maybe I should quit thinking.. Is there a good bec like with pics..lol I like pics.

Thanks for the confusion...
Old 09-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #187
Nobody

Some people simply disco the power wire on the esc Rx plug, then plug the bec into the rx. The BEC is then powering the rx and everthing plugged into it. Some cut the power wire on the BEC and also the servo, then tie them together so the BEC is only sending power to that servo. The esc power wire would stay in tact and power the Rx. If you only have one open Rx slot, you way want to get one BEC and tie it's power wire into both your servo wires and let the esc power the rx. But I'm not sure if those servo's will overload one 10 amp BEC.

You could start by tieing the front servo to the BEC and see if the esc can power the Rx and rear servo with no glitching.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #188
Rock Crawler

I know that this diagram is for 2 motors
and t ESC but just look at it and eliminate the extra motor and ESC

Link Here: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

Hope this helps

Harley is the man and will help you out with any questions

He helped me out a lot

Regards Rick
v84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #189
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggynutt View Post
Ok I only have a 3ch rx/tx. If I got the pro I wouldnt be able to use it. I would have to put both servo's on one ch. and I dont want that. If I use the cc bec, will that only give power to one servo?? I didnt think I need 1 bec per servo,I thought it was just a matter of put it in there and you had better power to what ever you run. Im lost.... You all have actualy confused me on this..What I thought was not right I guess. Maybe I should quit thinking.. Is there a good bec like with pics..lol I like pics.

Thanks for the confusion...
My pro dosn't even plug into the RX. It powers the servos direct just like the diagram Rick posted. The yellow signal wire is the only thing that plugs into the RX from the servos. Two 10amp BEC would do the same thing as the pro. For best performance, you need one BEC per servo. You could try what Cordwood said and power the front and see if the RX can handle the rear but I bet you'll be happier in the long run with two or the pro.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #190
RCC Addict

UUMMM I might be dead later so I will post now. I had a $5 off at my lhs so I went over and got me a cc bec..I got it for $19 and it seemed to be the right price..lol I told my wife "but I had $5 off and it was going to expire" and I got the silent treatment all night, and she made me do everything for the kids today....eeerrrr I will install today when she is gone to work..lol Its a rain day for me. I have alot of time to play so I will probly do lots of indoor crawling. I will post later after I get some stuff done
Old 09-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #191
RCC Addict

Ok so I got the beck hooked up. I have it set up as showed in the instructions. I went out for a test and decided I need to try and hook the bec up to just front and try to run rear off of the esc like you all said to try. I will probly be getting another bec for the rear but Im just testing different things since I have never owned one. Anyways I got a really bad video for you to actually see it run.

I will explain now that I used my phone and 11yr old daughter to make this happen..lol forgive me now. I was so bad I didnt even edit it.

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/a...6124932709.mp4

Thanks

And again sorry for the bad vid but it was spur of the moment at the park after one kid got out of school and we were waiting on the other. LOL and did I mention it had stoped raining for about 1 1/2hrs today and we got done just in time for it to start again....
Old 09-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #192
I wanna be Dave

Looks stable as hell. Love that puller too don't yuh

Aside from lack of tire traction how do you like the sure beef of the TF Super? Looks great man.

One heck of a spot too. Lucky dog.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:42 PM   #193
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
Looks stable as hell. Love that puller too don't yuh

Aside from lack of tire traction how do you like the sure beef of the TF Super? Looks great man.

One heck of a spot too. Lucky dog.

I love the puller.. This is a park by my youngest daughters school. Its called sleeping giant and I will get pic of it to show you all. It was wet and its a fiberglass/ fake rock but its fun as hell to mess around on it there are no kids playing. There are about 3-4 parks here that have those built. They are big and have some crazzy climbs on them.

At about 3min into the vid you might hear my daughter squeel and I walk over. The rear wheel is actually hung up on the rock and saved it from about 3ft drop.lol

This TF rig rocks the rocks. lol I love it and Dont understand why everyone wants a moa.. Its just all around beefy and bullet proof. I wish I would have known years ago.

thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 PM   #194
Nobody

Hey, that video was a hell of a lot better than the one I tried to make with my 5 year old daughter running the camera...

Looks pretty solid overall. I want one. You may want to experiment with some siping in the tire tread. Start watching the classifieds for some 2.2 white dot rovers or sedonas until you have enough to cut n shut onto those trencher sidewalls.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #195
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggynutt View Post
Ok so I got the beck hooked up. I have it set up as showed in the instructions. I went out for a test and decided I need to try and hook the bec up to just front and try to run rear off of the esc like you all said to try. I will probly be getting another bec for the rear but Im just testing different things since I have never owned one. Anyways I got a really bad video for you to actually see it run.

I will explain now that I used my phone and 11yr old daughter to make this happen..lol forgive me now. I was so bad I didnt even edit it.

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/a...6124932709.mp4

Thanks

And again sorry for the bad vid but it was spur of the moment at the park after one kid got out of school and we were waiting on the other. LOL and did I mention it had stoped raining for about 1 1/2hrs today and we got done just in time for it to start again....
WOW.........

That video is sweet
And the Truck looks great on the rocks !!!!

I wish i had a park like that by my house !!!

Spread the word....KYOSHO TWIN FORCE Is back in Full Force

Best regards Rick
v84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:26 PM   #196
SuperShafty.com

that looks great man. lots better thatn my videos i took of the camera just resting on the hood of my car!.

now that you are realizing thing is bullet proof time to post a thread in the super part and start telling everyone how you like it.

i was also gonna mention those tires slipping a lot, but wet fiberglass has NO traction what-so-ever. so climbing that much was awesome.

and tell your daughter she did a great job!!1
Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #197
RCC Addict

I've been super busy... I'm glad I was able to catch a glimps of your progress. Looks freekin AWESOME!!! I might sugest softening up the foam in your tires for better traction. Great job building though!!!! I hope I get to see it in person some day.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #198
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
I've been super busy... I'm glad I was able to catch a glimps of your progress. Looks freekin AWESOME!!! I might sugest softening up the foam in your tires for better traction. Great job building though!!!! I hope I get to see it in person some day.
Im glad you have been checkin in on my progress. I hope I made you proud. lol I really have been excited to be the one to get this chance to build this monster.. I has been fun and more of a challange than I have had in rc's since my first car I got when I was 10yrs old...

Thanks
Old 09-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #199
RCC Addict

I went back over to the park yesterday. I wanted to do a little more testing and see what I need to do next. I had an issue with the steering binding up and will need to get some better servo's soon. I was warmer out and the tires still had truble hooking up so I will be looking into something other that what I have or modifing what I have.

I was looking at cutting/sipeing the tires but dont like how others have done it. I was thinking about just slicing the tread with a razzor knife as to make it more like real a sipe. Anyone tried this? I think Im going to unless it dosnt work.

I have cut 1/4" off the rear links so I could lower the cog and still have a legal comp wheel base. I like it better for crawling so I think I will be doing the same to the front so I can lower it abit more. What is a good ride hieght for the chassis? I was also considering just droping it by goin with a 50/50 droop and running some real heavy oil in the shocks.

Thanks
Old 09-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #200
RCC Addict

OK so I have a small problem. When you all put your steering links on do you just use lock tight? what kind? Or do you all put the screw in and nut it on the other side and lock it down tight.

I was going to use my blue lock tight but cant seem to find it today...eeerrr Kinda a dumb question but Im putting a hell of alot more load on them that my other crawler so I didnt know if you all beef it up at all.

Thanks