Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I won it

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 06:15 PM   #121
SuperShafty.com

just get a box of #12 blades. should be all you need. well as long as they go into the handle you have. they are the standard ones.

when you take pics turn that dial to the little flower. that will make the close-up pics better.
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 06:57 PM   #122
RCC Addict

ok here you go

hope it looks good... my hands hurt
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #123
Rock Crawler

Look fine.....
You should be able to glue them right back on......yay!!!

Rick
v84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:11 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Heck yah, looks fine. It a crawler/basher. The tires don't need to be true and balance like on a racer. You'll be golden. I use Insta Flex for fast spot tacks and Maxi Cure for gluing tires to wheels. I only use IC2000 for cut and shut tires. I works well for filling gaps in the rubber, but remains flexible too.
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #125
RCC Addict

How much should I narrow the wheels? I like wide tires for the looks, but I have never tried tall narrow ones. Should I cut and shut these tires? What are the pros/cons of narrow tires? Are they easier to turn? Will it be easier on my servos? What to do now....I am lost with this size tire.

thanks
Old 08-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #126
SuperShafty.com

i think they look really good man, and Bart is right, you arent racing so they dont need to be perfectly balanced. cut and glue, cut and glue, and cut and glue.

don't know much about your questions, but the guys will.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #127
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggynutt View Post
How much should I narrow the wheels? I like wide tires for the looks, but I have never tried tall narrow ones. Should I cut and shut these tires? What are the pros/cons of narrow tires? Are they easier to turn? Will it be easier on my servos? What to do now....I am lost with this size tire.

thanks
The idea behind narrowed crawling tires is to increase the contact patch pressure. Meaning small patch more pressure=better traction. Since you are not crawling this rig and prefer the look of wider tires They are easier on servos for the simple reason that there isn't as much meat to turn. Now the wheels is an entirely different animal. It changes the look and performance of the tire the narrower you go. But most important is the foam set up with width of wheel. Like I said you are not crawling this rig competitively, so I would narrow the wheels to 2-1.75"(your choice, mine are 1 7/8 cause I am dork) and bevel the inside on the foam to the width of the rim. Or just get some Novas and never cut the tire off the rim again

Oh and Rick has some killer video on cut and shut wheels and tires. Check them out
Old 08-30-2011, 08:19 PM   #128
SuperShafty.com

so kinda like tractor tires. there is a reason they are tall and skinny. better traction. in a way at least.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #129
RCC Addict

Ok so my wheels are 2 1/2" wide and that makes the tire tread about 3 1/4" so I take the wheel down to 2" and the tire tread is now 3". Is that going to give me enough clearance? should I go a little narrower? Im sorry for all the ?s but I have read alot about this tire stuff and have become more confused...lol If I go 2" and add 1/4" to 1/2" memory foam that will bring them in a little more and also make them a tuch taller, correct?

thanks
Old 08-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

Yep, you got it partner
Old 09-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #131
SuperShafty.com

hey man, not sure if you ever tried boiling them, but i was just boiling a couple set of tires today, and fount it to work perfectly. gave them at least 15 minutes each side, wore heavy gloves when i pulled them out and the beads all started crackin off, worked perfectly. where it didnt crack open i just reboilded for another 10 minutes and started again. worked every time.

so in the future. try it! but be patient.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #132
RCC Addict

I got some shock mounts the other day. I mounted them last night, got the tires cut off and narrowed the wheels 1/2". I got me a roller and I have to tell you the pics dont do it justice. I used rick's video at SS to cut my wheels and its really easy to do, and its really fast. So on to some pics because you all dont want me to drag this out...lol

Hope you all like it, Im sure having a great time building it. I just wish I had all my parts...lol

Thanks everyone for your support in this build
Old 09-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #133
Nobody

She's looking sweet dude. Keep up the good work.

Question...does your tie rod hit the pumpkin at full turn?
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #134
RCC Addict

Just the rear one, I think because its not clocked but the front is really close, Like you might be able to slide a paper in there. Im going to deal with that when/if my servos ever get here...lol I will be out of town all weekend again so I hope to come home to some new goodies.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #135
SuperShafty.com

looks good man.

so you just narrowed the rims and not the tires... ok. so you just need servo and batteries?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #136
I wanna be Dave

Lookin good man. Looks like you have your clearance issues all sorted out
Old 09-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #137
Rock Crawler

YAY !!!!!!

WOW

Great job on the wheels & tires

Yor didnt get your other links yet?

Rick
v84x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #138
RCC Addict

Rich, I didnt get them yet. I havent recieved half the stuff I orderd from other places. Im still waiting on ckrc for trany, servos, and servo arms. I just got an e-mail from rob holmes and my puller shipped today. Its all good since I have really been to busy to really sit down and work on it anyways. I have just been doing what I can when I can. Once I get all the parts that have been orderd the Creepy crawler should be up and goin soon.

Is there anyway to test the tires and foams with out gluing them all together so it will be easier to change it up if I need to?

Im guessing that all my parts will show up tomorrow because I will be gone at 6am and will not be back home until sun. night..eerrrr kids and there activities...lol

Thanks and Im glad you all like what I have done so far
Old 09-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #139
www.team3sixrc.com

I gotta tell ya something. And im not telling you to be disrespectful to you or ckrc.

If I were you, I would call ckrc and ask them where your order is. As far as stores go on RCC, I try and order from Rpphobby, or Tcscrawlers.

Fast service with both with updates to your order. But King Bling is running a joke of a business over there at CKRC and I think people are blinded by the service.

I still haven't received a set of Pro-line shocks I ordered last year and never will.

So get on them buddy. I want to see this rig shine.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:48 AM   #140
RCC Addict

I got some parts this weekend. I came home from my trip and found my trany, servos, servo arms, hh 14turn puller, and a few other little goodies..Im so excited. I think I will be workin on this a little today, Im going to try and get the trany apart and put the 8mm ss outputs in it and I will see how much time I have to work on it after that.

get ready for some pics tonight

thanks