Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Dodge T-Rex 6x6 Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Dodge T-Rex 6x6 Project

A little off topic, but can someone explain the difference between parallel and series, and is it the same with batteries and motors?
i luv duct tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

I believe parallel is both motors running at once and and series is one at a time
Mastah Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

No. Series is run when you run the negative of one motor to the positive of the next. Parallel is when you run separate positives to each motor and then separate negatives back to the power source. Basically in series the resistance adds up linearly (i.e. if the resistance of each motor is say, 20 Ohms, they total resistance is 40 Ohms), but in parallel, it's exponential (the total resistance would actually be 10 Ohms for the two 20 Ohm motors).

Last edited by 8695Beaters; 10-18-2012 at 12:25 PM.
8695Beaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Series ------------------------------------ Parallel

series means the power is divided among everything in the string. for example each bulb is half a bright.

In Parallel they both draw the same power, but it draws twice as much power. Each bulb is fully lit, but the battery lasts half as long.

In RC world you generally want them in parallel, because a car with only half the power isnt any fun, and you can always bring more batteries.

edit: But it's a bit more complicated than just that.

Last edited by Intashu; 10-18-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Intashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjones View Post
I'm running the stock esc in my micro MOA and it works...

Only issues is the esc gets hot after 20-25 min but it is also been 90 degrees in sactomato. If your in colder environment it won't get hot as quick... Also your battery will die much faster.
as in sacramento ca?
Mastah Kyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Thanks Madjones! Delaware is pretty mild, so I should be ok. I will also decase it so it will get more air.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

The T-Rex was one of dodge's best never made ideas, i can see why they didn't but damn that'd have been awesome if they did. Looking forward to more progress
KryptoniteKummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:12 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

So I've been thinking more and more about people's comments on the rear end. I am not going to extend the bed for 5 reasons:

1) I just don't have confidence I will be able to extend it and make it look good. My bodywork skills are terrible and it could end up looking like an absolute mess.

2) The extra long bed won't look good, even if I do it right. There's just too much truck out back.

3) I think there is enough room to fit both axles under the bed and still have room for bigger tires.

4) I am pretty sure Dodge used the same length bed I am using. Remember, the stock tires are pretty large for a scale rig. The tires on the original T-Rex were pretty small in comparison (I believe the green T-Rex used 42s or 44s, which look to be about the same size as the stock McRC tires and you can see how that all fits. The original T-Rex looks to use 32s or something like that).

5) My goal is to build a truck that is a mix of both the Dodge concept, and the homemade green truck. It will take elements of both rigs to make something truly unique. I am not trying to copy one rig or the other, because they have both been done. My tribute to this awesome idea is to use a Dodge Ram 2500 body and stick six wheels under it. Other than that, I am giving myself free-reign to build something cool.

Anyway, the next few weeks are pretty busy for me, so don't expect to see much on this for a while. I still need to locate the final axle and drivetrain. Might just have to buy another rig on ebay and gut it. We'll see.

Dodge T-Rex 6x6 Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Building a Dodge Trex 6x6 Flowmastered87GL Axial SCX-10 31 07-29-2012 10:56 PM
T REX 6x6 rockcrawler_101 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 91 01-12-2009 06:10 PM