Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Micro-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: miclaws-someone got to be sitting on a set

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 12:21 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: miclaws-someone got to be sitting on a set

i bought a extra set of rims--just in case--but i didn't need them.. the plumbing nut was a perfect fit...the inner lip is a hair wider but it gives u alittle extra play room when ur trying to smash the backs down. i glued the outsides..let them dry..then put the foams in..took the extra piece of wheel that i cut off and used it as a stand. then just roll the tire down evenly..little glue--hold for a bit .. then roll the tire back up when dry. the gluing wasnt bad..just trimming up the wheel took some figuring out.
jenijohnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Doin the buggy wheels and tires is pretty much your only option. I just read in danallys beadlocks wheel thread where someone posted they stopped making the miclaw tires. Not real sure why they would do that cuz the micro crawler community loves them
kevinhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
I joined the Band!

^^^ yeah i hope they dont stop making them... there are so many that use/want/need and still would buy them. I understand they were on a rig that is now old and retired... unless im wrong.. but if you sell parts all the time and never keep them on the shelf!!!! why wouldnt you keep making them!!!!????
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Exactly and even tmif they've stopped makin the rig they was on they should still keep parts and tires around for some time after so people can keep what they have rolling
kevinhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #25
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhayden View Post
Exactly and even tmif they've stopped makin the rig they was on they should still keep parts and tires around for some time after so people can keep what they have rolling

Dont worry.. if I see them for sale again...
I will let ALL know..

actually after I buy 10 sets of them...
Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Here are the tires/wheels I've been playing with. They were originally off of my old Propulse buggy, but are the same size as mini t/rc18 wheels and tires. They make a ton of sweet looking wheels for these rigs, and tires are cheap and easily available. Mind you, I'm not actually using this set, it's just a set I've been messing with. When the time comes I'll but a brand new set of wheels/tires. These are old as dirt and hard as rocks...

Sent from my SCH-I535 now Free
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #27
I joined the Band!

interesting... yeah we got to find a substitute... i saw on youtube someone used some mini t pin type tires.. got to find it..
Old 10-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #28
RCC Addict

I agree. There has to be a suitable solution for those of us that favor the comp style rigs. I plan on using narrowed mini t chrome wheels from RPM, mini pin tires, hole punched foams, and washers on the backs for weight. RCDave13 has a nice little writeup about using these wheels for mud tires on his monster truck. Basically, narrow them, mount tires, and mod for the axle pin drive.

Old 10-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
RCC Addict

If someone finds a good candidate please give me a chance to make a set of rims that work. I too want the bigger tire option to not fail!
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #30
RCC Addict

DANALLY, that's the problem. There isn't just one option now. There's like 4. Mini T/RC18T/Propulse wheels and tires with a 2 1/2" height, a 1 3/8" bead. Mini 8ight wheels and tires with a 1.9" bead and around a 3" height. And then there's these HSP wheels. Personally I favor the first option as the tires and wheels are bigger, but not so big you'll be tearing up axles. Mini T tires and wheels are everywhere! The Mini 8ight and HSP stuffs seems bigger. Like it would work better with the RSMC axles setup as a MOA rig.

Last edited by 89redranger; 10-14-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

So Back in my racing hayday we use to cut and glue all kinds of tires. i had a old Losi step pin laying around so figured why not, its a big tire to start with and i know way better results can be made ie. i just wanted to see if it mingh work it took me 30 min to do 1 tire, its mounted on a Danally rim and the tire on the left is what i started with, i do hope a solution is out there, much easer to just click add to cart

MikeChino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Fawk yeah! Cut n shuts! You gonna be out tire guy for the micros? DANALLY is willing to cut wheels if we can decide on a bead size.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #33
RCC Addict

I've done my share of cut-n-shuts in both the 1.9, 2.2, and supers. I gotta say I know they were necessary in the beginning but I hated the with all the glue and imperfections. Don't get me wrong, they worked when there was nothing else available and when you wanted to push the envelope to get the largest tire and still fit inside the rules.

I tried to make a set with all the extra stock losi tires I have around but these little tires are a whole new challenge. The glue is thicker than the rubber!

So if there is a good option I hope we find it. I will stop in at the hobby shop and browse the shelves. I really would love to find a tire that is comparable in stickiness as the miclaw but lighter in weight. I still hate the steering loss when using the miclaws.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

I totally agree the cut and shuts should b the last option, it is a pain. i will look around also, i bet someone can find realistic options.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #35
RCC Addict

anyone have one of those Losi Micro Truggy's? They are almost the same platform as the micro SCT but have larger pin style wheels. I wonder how big they are?
Old 10-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Still only around 1 3/8- 1 1/2" tall. I thought of the same thing. Also, losi molded all of those tires out of garbage rubber. It does great on those rigs, but the compound is no good for rocks.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89redranger View Post
Still only around 1 3/8- 1 1/2" tall. I thought of the same thing. Also, losi molded all of those tires out of garbage rubber. It does great on those rigs, but the compound is no good for rocks.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm grasping at straws! I also found a 1/16 tire I like that might work as a cut n shut. That's way down the road though...
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Does anyone have or know size of the Sumo 1/24 truck or the truggy tires? Could they work?
cjgotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #39
RCC Addict

I have two sets of those that my neighbor gave me. 2" tall, 1 1/2" wide, crap compounds. I still think the mini t tires stretched over a narrow wheel will fill the comp needs we all have. Just about every aftermarket manufacturer sells these tires/wheels, they are cheap, and available in many tread patterns, not just pins.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

looking around fleabay and saw this, it looks like he makes tires, wonder if he could make a copy or even something better. anyone know him? or if he is a member here? just throwing it out there.

Crawler Tires 4 Only Fit Losi Micro Crawler and Custom x Mods Projects | eBay

miclaws-someone got to be sitting on a set - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Miclaws popejbryant Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 2 06-12-2013 03:41 PM
MiClaws where to buy? smuggl1n Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 2 09-21-2012 02:33 PM
miclaws question cobra74 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 10 08-03-2012 09:08 PM
miclaws/miclows rik Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 33 09-15-2011 02:05 PM