Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: It keeps getting better

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #161
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon635 View Post
Looks good man. What compound are those hammers? I just finished making me some out of some old M3 compound.

The are G8 They are the best size tires I have used yet on my mini and the compound is great too. I took 6 lugs out of them and they end up at 3.85" which for me is the perfect height for a mini.
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #162
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
The are G8 They are the best size tires I have used yet on my mini and the compound is great too. I took 6 lugs out of them and they end up at 3.85" which for me is the perfect height for a mini.
yep, that is the same height that i have for mine. They are a tad bit wider (maybe 1/8") cause i left half of one of the middle nobs in. I cut them how frankyrizzo did his tires but havent gotten to test them yet.

Good to hear they work good. Maybe I will pick some up later after I see how these work
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #163
Im Brandon

Looks good Zach! They do look a hair shorter than mine, I might not have taken out as many lugs as you did. I need to count next time
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #164
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
yep, that is the same height that i have for mine. They are a tad bit wider (maybe 1/8") cause i left half of one of the middle nobs in. I cut them how frankyrizzo did his tires but havent gotten to test them yet.

Good to hear they work good. Maybe I will pick some up later after I see how these work
Just a word of advise, the G8 compound does not glue easily. Its possible and no where near as bad as a losi but the type of glue is important. Kaetwo also found out that if you sand the cuts a little they glue better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing View Post
Looks good Zach! They do look a hair shorter than mine, I might not have taken out as many lugs as you did. I need to count next time
Thanks Brandon. Your tires did look a little taller than mine. Now Proline just needs to come out with something at this height.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:19 PM   #165
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
Just a word of advise, the G8 compound does not glue easily. Its possible and no where near as bad as a losi but the type of glue is important. Kaetwo also found out that if you sand the cuts a little they glue better.
what glue did you use. I have always used IC200 and it has held tires perfect
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #166
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
what glue did you use. I have always used IC200 and it has held tires perfect
I've always had the best luck with the stuff in picture 7 of this thread. I've tried others and always come back to that.

Reducing 2.2 Moabs to 1.9
Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #167
'08 2.2 National Champ

I think this might be the best upgrade yet! CVD's arrived at the LHS today. With some more grinding I think I could get even more steering but I turned my endpoints up 18 on each side Finally, it can turn a tighter circle than my 2.2