Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Gatekeepers mini GC2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 02:14 AM   #181
I wanna be Dave

So no new pics? :-(
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #182
RCC Addict

My build thread is brewing...
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:55 PM   #183
Rock Stacker

Hey Gatekeeper (and anyone else really), what's your steering link setup? I'm looking to get rid of the plastic for something stronger. I've got a full size Hitec servo and aluminum arms ready to go, but I can't seem to find much info on the links.

I did find one vendor who had made some steering links, but doesn't appear to be taking orders... Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe some Axial links that will work?

Thanks all!
SeanWcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #184
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWcom View Post
Hey Gatekeeper (and anyone else really), what's your steering link setup? I'm looking to get rid of the plastic for something stronger. I've got a full size Hitec servo and aluminum arms ready to go, but I can't seem to find much info on the links.

I did find one vendor who had made some steering links, but doesn't appear to be taking orders... Can anyone point me in the right direction? Maybe some Axial links that will work?

Thanks all!
Yes, I too would like to know this???
Old 02-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #185
RCC Addict

I think the rods are tlt steering rods or hi lift steering.I used the axial offset rod ends
Gatekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:48 PM   #186

i was wondering if you switched losi "blues" for the stock tires and wheels? i noticed you had them in the first few pics and later in the thread i saw the stock appearing rims(and tires?) what kind of foams you running? i know cutting memory foams is not recremended, but mabey for something as light as these MRC's? any theories? front and rear? any thoughts from the champ is worth gold to me!!!!
up-n'-ova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #187
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by up-n'-ova View Post
i was wondering if you switched losi "blues" for the stock tires and wheels? i noticed you had them in the first few pics and later in the thread i saw the stock appearing rims(and tires?) what kind of foams you running? i know cutting memory foams is not recremended, but mabey for something as light as these MRC's? any theories? front and rear? any thoughts from the champ is worth gold to me!!!!
I have the LOSI blue compound all the way around I just put on the stock wheels because of weight to make a few climbs.The foam that comes with the blue compound is fine I have cut them in half but it seems a little to soft
Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #188

i have mem. all the way around, i noticed they seemed a bit stiff. but still mem foam. i have tried both and the stock "blue" foams. the mem's seem good for the rear and stock blue foam for the front. thanks for the input.
up-n'-ova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:21 AM   #189
Quarry Creeper

I just wanted to say thank you for the mini gc2. I received it yesterday afternoon... The build went flawlessly!!. So narrow. Very nice work.. My rig is built and wired for action!! sorry no pics, my digi cam took a dump recently. I built using the losi shocks, fxr, losi 600 mah lipo, bec, hitec titanium servo, etc.. Im wondering what kind of belly clearance you guys are aiming for... Mine is sitting right now at just under 2 1/4". Hopefully get some time on the rocks after work today. THANKS
billysnarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #190
Pebble Pounder

Location: The Dirty Dirty, A-Town, ATL, The A, Hot-Lana, ATLANTA GEORGIA

Got mine yesterday too. Headed to Moab tomorrow for some 1:1 and wont have time to put it together till after. Thanks Austin. The price was right. lol
mrdrinksalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #191
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysnarf View Post
I just wanted to say thank you for the mini gc2. I received it yesterday afternoon... The build went flawlessly!!. So narrow. Very nice work.. My rig is built and wired for action!! sorry no pics, my digi cam took a dump recently. I built using the losi shocks, fxr, losi 600 mah lipo, bec, hitec titanium servo, etc.. Im wondering what kind of belly clearance you guys are aiming for... Mine is sitting right now at just under 2 1/4". Hopefully get some time on the rocks after work today. THANKS
That is great news ,I have limited my shocks with a 7/16 spacer to get my ride height down to 1 3/4
Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #192
I wanna be Dave

I noticed you run your trany setup so the spur is facing forward, is there a reason for this? I thought it would be facing to the rear with the "free mod" for the stock setup, but noticed Tanis and SVEN run it facing the rear. So it must be personal prefrence. I have been puting mine together and am very impressed with how ballenced this rig feels and am looking forward to running it. Build thread coming soon too.....
Old 02-13-2009, 04:11 PM   #193
RCC Addict

It is just a personal preference I think I have swapped it and did not notice any change
Old 02-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #194
RCC Addict

some video

http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=P2120877.flv
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=P2120879.flv
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=P2120884.flv
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=P2120886.flv

Last edited by Gatekeeper; 02-14-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #195
Rock Crawler

Yup, climbs like a mountain goat. Great vids.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #196
RCC Addict

nice videos i cant wait till the next batch is available
rcjunky3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
I have the LOSI blue compound all the way around I just put on the stock wheels because of weight to make a few climbs.The foam that comes with the blue compound is fine I have cut them in half but it seems a little to soft
Did it crawl better or worse with the stock wheels? I would think heavier wheels would be better for a lower COG and more weight is better for traction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
That is great news ,I have limited my shocks with a 7/16 spacer to get my ride height down to 1 3/4
I've been thinking. We're all limiting our shocks and severly reducing travel. Aren't we reducing the effectiveness of the shock and potentially the performance of the rig? Wouldn't it just be smarter to get shocks with shorter bodies and let the shock have the full stroke? For example, if I limit the shock enough to have the links parallel to the ground I'm only going to have about 1/4" of travel and that would give barely any articulation!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #199
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Did it crawl better or worse with the stock wheels? I would think heavier wheels would be better for a lower COG and more weight is better for traction.

I've been thinking. We're all limiting our shocks and severly reducing travel. Aren't we reducing the effectiveness of the shock and potentially the performance of the rig? Wouldn't it just be smarter to get shocks with shorter bodies and let the shock have the full stroke? For example, if I limit the shock enough to have the links parallel to the ground I'm only going to have about 1/4" of travel and that would give barely any articulation!
Yes there is a big difference in the stock wheels and the vanquish product LH I dont like my rear being heavy at all ,but I like filling the front up with the slugs.
The shocks, I dont think there would be a performance issue running the shocks limited ,I dont like alot of wheel travel with a shafty
Old 02-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #200
RCC Addict

I must say what a great chassis! but...I 'm headed out to my 1st comp with a stocker and I know atleast one if not 2 of your chassis's will be there so thanks for makeing it easier to get my ass handed to me on a silver platter! I 'll just have to save up and get one!
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote