Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: 89redranger's MRC Pro build/rebuild for 2014

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #181
RCC Addict

Default Re: 89redranger's MRC Pro build/rebuild for 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCrackhead View Post
Yup, you need a shave....

Looks like your rod end on the tie rod is close to contacting the wraptor, could serve as a steering stop, not a bad thing at all.

Might just be the angle of the picture.
The rod end has quite a bit of clearance between it and the Wraptor actually, but I did find that rod end to be a quite nice steering stop when it contacts the knuckle. Without a universal in there it has no problem steering that far. That's what lead me to the conclusion that shaved universal will have to happen.

I'm quickly learning though, that I am too damned blind and lack proper tools for messing with axle shafts. I'll let Erik do the next set. It's just a shame that I already cut one of the brand new XR unis I had been saving when I should have used an old one for testing and mockup. To top it off, I cut the tangs on this one a bit too far on the loose side. Oh well, what's $40?

89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2015, 01:37 PM   #182
RCC Addict

Default Re: 89redranger's MRC Pro build/rebuild for 2014

Winter time is coming. About the only time I actually get to build. Starting early this year and determined to get this car back up and running for another member of the family to take over.

Starting slow with cleaning things up from sitting, I tore into the MIPs that had started to look like crap. Replaced the worn rusty and crusty stock MIP pins with tighter fitting and harder 0.062" music wire, stripped the black oxide off everywhere that is visible and lightly polished the black oxide at all the contact points (male and female ends of the CVDs themselves, as well as the hex shaped sliders) without removing it to smooth them up. The result..? They look bitchin, they're WAAAAY smoother, and they are also tighter.

Sadly, that's all for now...

Ignore the fingerprints, swirl marks, leftover polishing compound, and buffer fuzz. They will be cleaned very well, lightly oiled with gun oil to keep the rust away, and the joints will be lubed with liquid graphite before use.

Last edited by 89redranger; 10-30-2015 at 02:37 PM.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote

89redranger's MRC Pro build/rebuild for 2014 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My MRC PRO Build! kwonchoba Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 54 05-27-2014 07:15 PM
The Violators 2014 and beyond rebuild...... The Violator EnRoute Berg 51 10-08-2013 07:23 PM
89redranger's MRC Pro Spring Rebuild 89redranger Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 15 08-31-2012 10:26 PM
mrc pro build - again bikeboy Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 09-03-2011 08:39 AM
Nluv's 1.9 DarkSoul MRC Build/Rebuild Brandon Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 41 06-01-2009 12:50 AM