Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maine

Notices

Thread: Bit the bullit, now the wait

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Bit the bullit, now the wait

Im going to overdrive the front and leave the rear stock. Same idea just higher ratio. cvd Shaft the front axle , beef tubes in both. steel gears in the trans . Metal spur , relocate the rear shock mount thanks to Calderwood, the redline and rs, all new metal links and drag link. Already put the wideners on it. Im sure there is still room for breakage some where. Oh yah and new shocks. Not a fan of the axial stockers. I know im going to put too much money in this thing already, But what the hell sold off all my projects accept the 55 chevy, i'll get to that a some point in life. So im building this thing to not break..ever I hope! Know I need drive shafts but the stockers will do fine for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhandyman View Post
I run standard ratio front and underdrive rears most of the time. It seems to help keep the nose down and the front tires pulling.

Last edited by Androtaz; 03-05-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Well settled for a 17.5 redline with the tekin rs, What should I run for pinion and spur, 32pitch of course. want to keep some torque but still have wheel speed.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Motor and esc showed up today, haven't had time to test it yet. Got a butt load of parts coming soon. Was hoping for a big storm so I could take the day off and work on the spyder. BUT...then mother nature decided to stick it up my arse, so stuck at work I am.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #44

great! now i need to make an ultra4. ill start workin on it after the 6x6 is goin again.
Midcoast crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Were gonna have so much fun this summer!!!! I cant wait!!!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Beef up the Rubicon , im thinking theres room for ultra 4 , 2.2 & 1.9 or g6 or just flat out run what u brung. Still not fully understanding some of these classes. c1 c2 c3 g6 BINGO! All I know is ive been watching a lot of KOH on youtube . Got a bunch of ideas for the course, mutli lines in some spots, Its gonna be awesome!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midcoast crawler View Post
great! now i need to make an ultra4. ill start workin on it after the 6x6 is goin again.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:43 PM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Got some parts in, so far I got the motor and esc, be a little bit before I get that in, bought a steel exo spur.. woops gonna try and make it work with the slipper clutch, gmad transition shocks are all built, want to paint the chassis gloss black, so I have to wait to get them on. Need to order aluminum chubs, knucks , rear lock outs and diff covers. found them all in blue but have to wait for some more loot. Was going to run my old am radio set up, but I can get a 2.4ghz set up cheep so im going that way. Waiting on the over drive gears for the front, should be here Monday. Still have to order beef tubes and se where calderwood is with the rear shock relocate. Not much I can get done right now due to these few parts I need. So I guess I will be changing out the input shafts on the bronco and get that finally finished, Dig cog was toasted so did away with the dig. So MORE waiting!
Old 03-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #48
Pebble Pounder

skipped the bronco I got this wraith all torn apart and theres pcs everywhere. Got the spur drilled. Imo not worth the hassle. 5 different sized drills and 3 1/2 hours later. still have to drill and tap the slipper clutch. fingers crossed, looks like it will work. Chassis is all painted looks really good. Have some pics up soon. Been busy, but I have a few to put up.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #49
Pebble Pounder

Got some more done tonight, Had to mill .070 off the face of the slipper clutch boss to get the spur to sit tight against it. Drilled and taped, cut a half a coil off the spring and its on. Cant believe it actually worked. Knew I wouldn't get out of this build without something being one off. Should be plenty beefy , 4, 4mm screws holding it to the slipper. Set the spur pinion gap at .005 and it sound great. Will know better when I get the motor hooked up. Rear axle is linked up, shock on. trans is on the skid , started the front axle and decided to call it a day. Next post will be all pics!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:32 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

I'm interested to see the progress. Cool that you have a mill. I'm sure lots can be done with that.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

What size is the exo spur you are using? All the spurs I have for my exo are pretty small if I am remembering correctly.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

32 pitch spur is 54t and pinion is 17t Im going by what the guy who traded me the motor was running. think its like 84 and 23 in 42 pitch, not sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
What size is the exo spur you are using? All the spurs I have for my exo are pretty small if I am remembering correctly.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:32 PM   #53
Pebble Pounder

All pictures less jive

Old 03-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androtaz View Post
32 pitch spur is 54t and pinion is 17t Im going by what the guy who traded me the motor was running. think its like 84 and 23 in 42 pitch, not sure
That thing is going to be a rocket ship. I think that motor is a couple hundred KV more than the motor I run. When you saw my Wraith run I was geared 11/60. I have since broke that pinion and am geared 14/60 now. Man, I cant wait for some racing this spring.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Do you think that gearing is gonna be too high for the 17.5 redline? its around 3.2:1 I think. I was thinking I might need to drop to a 14 to get to 3.8:1. The guy I got it from said it should hands down out preform the Pro4. im not trying to out do anyone I just want to build a monster that wont break.
Quote:
That thing is going to be a rocket ship. I think that motor is a couple hundred KV more than the motor I run. When you saw my Wraith run I was geared 11/60. I have since broke that pinion and am geared 14/60 now. Man, I cant wait for some racing this spring.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Do you think that gearing is gonna be too high for the 17.5 redline? its around 3.2:1 I think. I was thinking I might need to drop to a 14 to get to 3.8:1. The guy I got it from said it should hands down out preform the Pro4. im not trying to out do anyone I just want to build a monster that wont break.
I do think that's too high. I just replied to your post in the wraith sticky before I saw this. I would go to at least 4:1. That motor is really nice but for him to say that it will out perform a pro4 is a bit of a stretch. The redline is a couple hundred watts less than the pro4 and is 2 pole vs the 4 pole pro4. It is a couple hundred Kv higher than the pro4 so it will have a little bit higher top speed. Since you said you don't want it to break make sure you get some MIPs for it and replace the inner pinion bearing with a traxxas bushing. The part number for the bushings is: TRA1675 For the MIPs you can use the AX10 set that is way cheaper than the Wraith set. part MIP08101 If you want set screw pins for them you can use the traxxas part # 5189

Last edited by Calderwood; 03-17-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Have MIPs for the front so far. I went with those exact ones. Guess I should do the rear as well. Yah I figured it was a stretch. I plan on dialing the top end down a tad. got an transmitted I can pull that top end down a bit. Thanks for the input , been worried since I put the trans together it was going to be too much.
Quote:
I do think that's too high. I just replied to your post in the wraith sticky before I saw this. I would go to at least 4:1. That motor is really nice but for him to say that it will out perform a pro4 is a bit of a stretch. The redline is a couple hundred watts less than the pro4 and is 2 pole vs the 4 pole pro4. It is a couple hundred Kv higher than the pro4 so it will have a little bit higher top speed. Since you said you don't want it to break make sure you get some MIPs for it and replace the inner pinion bearing with a traxxas bushing. The part number for the bushings is: TRAXXAS Bushing Set 11x5x4 TRA1243 For the MIPs you can use the AX10 set that is way cheaper than the Wraith set. part MIP08101 If you want set screw pins for them you can use the traxxas part # 5189
Old 03-17-2014, 06:06 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Have MIPs for the front so far. I went with those exact ones. Guess I should do the rear as well. Yah I figured it was a stretch. I plan on dialing the top end down a tad. got an transmitted I can pull that top end down a bit. Thanks for the input , been worried since I put the trans together it was going to be too much.
Instead of tuning down the top speed with the radio I would just gear it lower. That way you have more torque multiplication. Using the radio to turn it down is also going to limit how much power you make.

You can use this site to figure top speed. R/C Calculations Use 3500Kv for your redline. Its really accurate compared to gps readings I have taken. My wraith goes a little over 15mph but much faster than that doesn't have much use on any kind of rough ground.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Yah im ordering the 13 tooth now. was hoping to get away with that gearing, but oh well its 5 bucks lol
Quote:
Instead of tuning down the top speed with the radio I would just gear it lower. That way you have more torque multiplication. Using the radio to turn it down is also going to limit how much power you make.

You can use this site to figure top speed. R/C Calculations Use 3500Kv for your redline. Its really accurate compared to gps readings I have taken. My wraith goes a little over 15mph but much faster than that doesn't have much use on any kind of rough ground.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Not finding that bushing. I may have some in my spare parts box that's the same size. Have to look when I get home in the am. My over drive gears showed up today so i'll dig into that tomorrow if I get up early enough. Thanks for the help Calderwood. Greatly appreciated

Bit the bullit, now the wait - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
???bullit proof tranny???? donhd04 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 20 02-20-2013 08:29 AM
bullit weights for your 1.9 axial wheels stanmondz Tires and Wheels 1 06-03-2012 01:50 PM
Alcatraz chase scene (Bullit reduex) jetboat Chit Chat 11 03-29-2012 12:10 PM