Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maine

Notices

Thread: Bit the bullit, now the wait

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #21

Default Re: Bit the bullit, now the wait

change the gearing or you will burn up the motor quickly, also swap out the steering linkage asap, they flex a lot
der ceej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

I recently remembered I had a 32p 53t spur from my rustler kicking around. I put that with a 13t pinion in the Wraith. Its got a good mix of crawl vs speed. I may even up the pinion to get a bit more speed. All metal gears so it's a tad noisier than stock. I ordered a plastic one for my SCX10, havent put that in. With the dual motors I'd want exact pinions, I don't have 2 of the same yet. With the cheap RC4WD 35t, I'd probably burn one or both up with 11t and 13t 32p gearing? Anyways, can't wait to see yours in action!
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androtaz View Post
ive been looking at the wraith for a while, seen the trucks that midcoast and handy man have. But robert's wraith did it for me. And ive always like the poison spyder since it hit the market. need to hit calderwood up for some trick parts now lol.
That's awesome. Wraith/ultra4 races this summer are going to be a blast. I cant wait. When are we starting work on your property?
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
That's awesome. Wraith/ultra4 races this summer are going to be a blast. I cant wait. When are we starting work on your property?
As soon as the ground is dry enough. Im still trying to figure out how to get the battery under the hood. I hate to cut the body up. have to hinge the whole nose on this one. right now im running the stock 20turn with the 20/80 gears that came with the truck.
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

I don't know what size of battery you're running, but this is my setup.

I have crammed all my electronics into the front.
That's one idea anyways... Or batt laying up front and electronics in back is also common.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Here's what I did.
Attached Images

Kaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the pics guys. I got the battery in. no need for a plate to hold it. I trimmed the floor pan just right and its a tight fit. I did remove one support bar and cut off the tie in to the bottom of the chassis and put the bar back in. There is plenty of support in that are so it shouldn't weaken the chassis. As much as I hated the idea I cut the hood out, And its a little messy. Will have to get a replacement body and make it right. I don't really need to but I know its there. Velcro holds the hood on, easy access. Now I have to wait on an esc, the one I had is bunk. Mde a trade for one and hope to have it up with in a few weeks .Here's some pictures.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Well , traded off my yota TF1 for a tekin rs and a 13.5 redline plus cc bec and 3s lipo. Was never going to finish it anyway. Too nice a truck to let it go to dust on a shelf. Rather good deal I think. Should be kick ass. Anyone one know if the gears in these trans will hold up or am I going to need to get new gears? Any suggestions to what I need to change out that's going to be an instant breakage?
Old 03-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

I just put the hot racing metal gears in my trans to help handle the new pro4 and also upgraded the front locker to a spool and haven't had any breakage yet. but i know I'm going to need some mips
haynesn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:15 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

I don't run a 13 turn but I always switch out the plastic gears now. The scx10 ax10 wraith all share the same gears. I bought the same 2 gears for my scx as I did my wraith. That makes all 3 gears hardened. I don't have any problems. $20-$25 with shipping for both. I can let you know the part numbers if your interested. I've still got my stock driveshafts in mine. I just crawl though. No brushless backflips, haha
Old 03-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

The part numbers are rrp1540 and rrp1541 Robinson racing gears. Both are for the "ax10" but fit in all three trucks. About $12 bucks each. On eBay.
I also have changed my wraith over to 32p spur. I used my old traxxas style hot racing spur. 53t with a 13pinion currently. Good low end and mild bursts on 3s.
Hope that helps not hinders.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!!! Yah going to 32 pitch right off. It really doesn't need to be bomb proof. I got a good feel for it driving my sons ridgecrest at reid. Takes skill and the right amount of throttle not just hammer down wish for the best. I think you drive more like me, drive to its capabilities not just trash it and spend more money then you need to. If I hadn't made this trade I would still be trying to keep up with stock motor. To me the wraith needs that power. the stocker is just a joke.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:40 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

"skill, throttle control"?? what are these things you speak of??
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #34
Pebble Pounder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD6bwKhyMVE This is what I speak of lol. kind of reminds me of Dennis Anderson, talking with the throttle
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
"skill, throttle control"?? what are these things you speak of??
Old 03-04-2014, 04:07 PM   #35

Ahhh... Southern style rock bouncing, this is my preferred driving style (unless I have the Telluride, then violence is my choice)
Countryhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

I was getting into the ridgcrest the last run i went on. love it. Tim Cameron is a really good driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhandyman View Post
Ahhh... Southern style rock bouncing, this is my preferred driving style (unless I have the Telluride, then violence is my choice)
Yah we couldnt tell. lol
Old 03-05-2014, 02:41 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Anyone try or have a part# for over drive front axle gears for the wraith? Will be ordering metal trans gears , metal spur and new pinion and possibly new shocks next week. Also looking to relocate the rear upper shock mount to get the stance even with the front. And if I can swing it new high clearance links and steering link. Got a ways to go to get this bad boy ready for the redline. Cant wait to get it running and do some rock bouncin'
Old 03-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

This thread seems to have good info on axle gearing.

Gearing Wraith for crawling

I've got 2 sets of brand new wraith shocks I ordered for the 6x6 but didnt end up using. sell you them cheap. PM me if youre interested. I can mail em to you. They are stock. from a RTR Wraith.

Overdrive Axial Part #AX30401

Underdrive Axial Part #AX30402

• The lower gear range set reduces torque twist (43/13)
• The higher gear range offers higher top speed (36/14)

This is all pulled from searching "Overdrive" on axial's website.
Hope it helps
Old 03-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Thanks man. Im gearing more for rock bouncing and KOH style. Speed and power. Crawling should be like a drive down a paved road once this thing is done. Need to get some beef tubes as well. I have the stockers on there already ,to springy squishy. Think even the stock slash shocks have better dampening then the axial ones. Thanks for the offer though
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjpjr View Post
This thread seems to have good info on axle gearing.

Gearing Wraith for crawling

I've got 2 sets of brand new wraith shocks I ordered for the 6x6 but didnt end up using. sell you them cheap. PM me if youre interested. I can mail em to you. They are stock. from a RTR Wraith.

Overdrive Axial Part #AX30401

Underdrive Axial Part #AX30402

• The lower gear range set reduces torque twist (43/13)
• The higher gear range offers higher top speed (36/14)

This is all pulled from searching "Overdrive" on axial's website.
Hope it helps
Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #40

I run standard ratio front and underdrive rears most of the time. It seems to help keep the nose down and the front tires pulling.
Countryhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Bit the bullit, now the wait - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
???bullit proof tranny???? donhd04 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 20 02-20-2013 08:29 AM
bullit weights for your 1.9 axial wheels stanmondz Tires and Wheels 1 06-03-2012 01:50 PM
Alcatraz chase scene (Bullit reduex) jetboat Chit Chat 11 03-29-2012 12:10 PM