Notices

Thread: Bit the bullit, now the wait

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Bit the bullit, now the wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androtaz View Post
Not finding that bushing. I may have some in my spare parts box that's the same size. Have to look when I get home in the am. My over drive gears showed up today so i'll dig into that tomorrow if I get up early enough. Thanks for the help Calderwood. Greatly appreciated
Sorry about that. I edited the post with a better part number. TRA1675 is a 14 pack of the bushings.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 01:18 AM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Been picking away for the last few days, Calderwood's lowering kit is installed. Put spacers in to bring the rear mounts in and parallel to the skid. Few mock up pics just to get an idea what it will look like when its done. Still have a few more parts to get, if I can ever get my old Subaru sold.

Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

as of right now im waiting for parts to come in. so to kill some time I thought ide put up a run down of parts that ive put in it and the manufacturers. Its got some high end and some cheaper parts. Once its running i'll let you guys know what I think. So here's the list so far.
Calderwoods Wraith lowering kit. = very happy with the workmanship stance looks killer!!
Axial AR60 OCP Universal Axle Set AX30780 Front and back
Axial AXI30854 Steel 32P Spur Gear (54T) = didn't know this was for the EXO till I got it. But I made it work. Homebrew strikes again
Axial Heavy-Duty Bevel Gear Set 36T/14T AX10 AX30401 = this is the over drive set that's going in the front axle
Hot Racing Axial SCX10 lightweight steel gear set SSCP1000X = Ive used a bunch of Hot Racings stuff. had a hard time getting the input shafts to run on center. But I did get it after an hour of messing with it.
Hot Racing Axial AX10 Ridgecrest aluminum fix length suspension link WRA7000E01= Look killer in gloss black. they aren't the most beefy links you can buy. But for the price I think they will do the trick.
Gmade GM20701 G-Transition Shock Red 90mm = The one thing I had to splurge on. These things look killer. Granted you have to assemble them, but worth the time.
AXIAL WRAITH FRONT C HUB CNC ALUMINUM BY BLITZ CONCEPTS BLUE = never used or herd of this company so its a crap shoot how well these will hold up, time will tell
AXIAL WRAITH FRONT N REAR KNUCKLE ARM CNC ALUMINUM ALLOY BY BLITZ CONCEPTS BLUE= When it comes to parts that have to work together I try and stick with the same brand. Better fitment and less make it fit.
Axial Racing Wraith Gun Metal CNC Aluminum Internal Diff Holders SPTSTA80070GM= Figure this was a good idea when I saw the stock plastic ones.
Integy Aluminum Alloy Diff Cover Blue Wraith C24720BLUE= another company ive bough parts from many times. priced right for a budget build
Integy Aluminum Alloy Lower Suspension Link Mount 2 Axial Wraith C23784BLUE= Had a few bucks left over so figured this was a good place to put it
MIP 08101 C-Drive Spline Set Axial AX10 Scorpion = never used these before but I have herd a lot about them and are highly recommended for a big power build
TRAXXAS Oilite Bushing Set:R,S,H,SS TRA1675 = these will replace the stock bearing for the axle pinions. recommended by Calderwood.
FS-GT2 2CH 2.4GHz Transmitter Receiver = 2 channel 2.4ghz and fairly cheap. may upgrade later on.
Teken rs esc with 17.5 t redline= used but at a good price.

Hope to have this running soon. get it tested and let you all know how it is and what ide do different.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #64

Nice! hope to see this in action at the next meet
Midcoast crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

Very good chance. I wanted to put in beef toobz but ran out of loot. Im hoping that the stock axle casings will take the abuse. I wont be launching it off any big jumps so it should hold up. I know yours has taken some tumbles. Any problems with breakage on the long side of the axle?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midcoast crawler View Post
Nice! hope to see this in action at the next meet
Old 04-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Ok so after hours of drive 30 seconds spend the next 20 mins on repairs. I have a few part reviews I wanted to get out. First off the Hot Rcaing fixed links for wraith and ridge crest. Stay way from them unless you don't mind fixing the ball bushing retainers ever time you drive it. Cant swing a new one so I will have to suffer with this one for now. Tower pro servos. Cheap cheap JUNK! Like the run in bath a few weeks ago I have killed the gear set in 3 of these servos. Total run time for the 3 servos, less the 40 mins. It now has the servo from my emaxx. Flysky fs-gt2. Avoid these cheap ass radios. Channel 1 dead right out of the box. Have a replacement ax3 tx/rx on its way. Also have found that the mip shafts do not clear the dust shield on the trans. little grinding problem solved. Great rugged shafts. do no come with pins that go strait through the shaft and the input for the axles. It comes with 4 set screws and they don't bite well. Blew one off at least 4 times. With some work and lots of lock tight I finally have them holding. With the power im putting to this setup. I had many things fail multiple times. with some over the top measures I finally have most everything holding together. I have even had to lock tight the nut on the slipper clutch this thing has so much power. Over all im very impressed with how it handles. With the over drive in the front it swings the rear around like it has a dig. Hope to have it dried out and cleaned up ready to go for next weekend.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:20 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Wanted to get some finished pics up but my laptop is stuck in stupid mode. Plus the cc bec craped out on me. Lucky I have a new one to try. This things is just savage. My testing rock in the front yard didn't stand a chance as well as some big boulders I have never been able to climb with my other rigs. Think I have it to the point she will hold together. Might run this rig next week end. If I get the time to change out the radio and the bec.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #68

So you stuffed a big block V-8 into a go cart and it's staying together, that would have took me a lot of duct tape... can't wait to see it run.
Countryhandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #69
Pebble Pounder

lol all i could think of s tim the tool man taylor doing his uhg uhg uhg . lmao. no duct tape but a lot of lock tite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countryhandyman View Post
So you stuffed a big block V-8 into a go cart and it's staying together, that would have took me a lot of duct tape... can't wait to see it run.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:22 AM   #70

Binford 2000 Rock Crusher
Old 04-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #71
Pebble Pounder

New radio should be here today. Ax3. just what the doctor ordered! Plus my driver is on his way. The one and only Scott Ian from Anthrax!!! have to avoid the mud now lol cant wait for this weekend to get the spyder out for a good test thrashin'
Old 04-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

The build is done! Finally got some time to get finished pics up. Cant wait to flog this thing and see how it holds up!
Like o thank everyone who helped me out with advice, Calderwood ,Robert, Country Handyman, Midcoast. And to the ones who bought up my unfinished projects. With out them I wouldn't had finished this so quick. So enough with the blarga and on with the pics!!!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

Looks REAL sweet! I have no "reason" to buy them, but I like the Aluminum parts. Brings the color of the rig together.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:51 AM   #74

Looks like it's ready to hit some rocks
Old 04-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Yah if I was leaving it stock this would be total over kill. But its not and I hope it holds up to the beating its about to receive. lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjpjr View Post
Looks REAL sweet! I have no "reason" to buy them, but I like the Aluminum parts. Brings the color of the rig together.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #76
Rock Crawler

Im debating real hard on picking up a brushless for my Wraith. But naturally, the kit I want is going to cost about $200. Not sure I can justify it right now, much as I'd like
Old 04-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Andro I'm interested in seeing how long those plastic hubs hold up. You might want to order a set of shift hubs from Lattice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjpjr View Post
Im debating real hard on picking up a brushless for my Wraith. But naturally, the kit I want is going to cost about $200. Not sure I can justify it right now, much as I'd like
Which one are you looking at?
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:54 PM   #78
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post
Andro I'm interested in seeing how long those plastic hubs hold up. You might want to order a set of shift hubs from Lattice.

Either the Xerun SCT 3400kv combo $191

or

SCT ESC + the Xerun V10 17.5t motor $176

I really like the Hobbywing stuff. Had good sucess with them.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

That's something I was wondering myself. trying to get the esc to easy up on the total lock up when I let off the throttle . Its a really brutal dead stop. If they destruct that's the next thing to get replaced. So far ive hammered on it hard and they seem to be holding so far. I think if I don't bind it and try to power through and just back up and reset they should hold up . This weekend run should give me a good idea of what the weak spots are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calderwood View Post

Old 04-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

So I was wondering about this myself, So I looked up Tekins manual for the RS ESC. There is a "Push Control" that when the throttle stick is neutral and the truck is still rolling the ESC still powers the motor briefly so that you don't lock up the drivetrain.
If you adjust that you will not have your issue.

In looking at the manual, I really envy you! There are so many variable's that can be adjusted! Not to mention its a brushed / brushless ESC!

Bit the bullit, now the wait - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
???bullit proof tranny???? donhd04 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 20 02-20-2013 08:29 AM
bullit weights for your 1.9 axial wheels stanmondz Tires and Wheels 1 06-03-2012 01:50 PM
Alcatraz chase scene (Bullit reduex) jetboat Chit Chat 11 03-29-2012 12:10 PM