Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Michigan

Notices

Thread: Club starting up-"Lapeer County Crawler's"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Cool Club starting up-"Lapeer County Crawler's"

Yup'... this is just to see if there's any other fella's close by and the like - Who'd want to belong to a Local club'- if you'd want to call it a club' - we'll just try and get something going on here ' - LMK what you fella's think' - I have a great place to host Gtg's and comp' at - I just want to get some fella' together to CrawL' in lapeer once or twice a month' - So here I go about this--> "just afew Local guy's that just want to get together at time's and hang out and crawl with each other - and share their advice and help each other out with their rig' set up's kind of a Club thing" - I've been thinking about this for some time now - all reply's to this tread would be usefull to me in alot of way's - thank's in advice for your reply's to this tread - ol'Scoot'er - A.K.A Lapeer county Crawler's

Last edited by scootertrash; 06-16-2010 at 07:49 AM.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Hey Scooter,

Dont want to seem like I am pissing on your parade, but in my exeperience you dont really want to have too many clubs in one state. The USRCCA, kinda frowns on too many. Why not consider doing a Lapeer County Chapter of MIRCA?? Just a thought....

Hope to see you out here when we get started with the scale side of things..
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Is MIRCA A valid member of USRCCA?? I looked on their page under clubs and only one is listed (Mid-Michigan Crawlers) but I dont think thats the same group. I think they have to be part of usrcca to qualify as a team for nationals. Just curious. and along with Camp Twisted i belive. Neither one is listed on USRCCA.COM as clubs. So are they just local get togethers? do they qualify? i dont know all the small details.

Last edited by Twiztid Metal; 03-31-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Yep, MIRCA IS a recognized club!!

Check out the OFFICIAL LIST here:

USRCCA recognized clubs archive

Scroll down to right between Kentucky and Minnesota

In Fact, MIRCA is the ONLY USRCCA Recognized club in the state!!

So to all of the "clubs" in the state of Michigan,, Lets all unify and get the attention of USRCCA and build this club to its fullest potential!!!

EDIT ADDED:

The USRCCA site is a bit outdated, but the info in the club section of this site is updated, get your info from there.. Just a suggestion..

Last edited by The Real Dogman; 03-31-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Ok, yeah haha i just looked it up, thought it was kinda strange that its posted on this forum as a reconized club, but not on the offical site. so that means there is only 1 club as of right now in michigan.... got ya
Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Me and Gary Hitchcock (shrek) are the 2 that got MiRCa started and had it recognized as a club though USRCCA. Shrek is the original president of MiRCa and now Xjfarmer runs the show and he's doing a great job.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Then who is Mid-Michigan crawlers ??? posted on the offical site? thats not Mirca is it?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Then who is Mid-Michigan crawlers ??? posted on the offical site? thats not Mirca is it?
Thats Rob (rm25x) tried to get a club started back in like 2005, but there where just not enough people into it at that time.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Hey Scooter, got a location in Lapeer to hold an event?? Would love to see what you got out there(always interested in new locations and challenges) or just someplace to crawl on? or do a scale trail run type of deal??

And I understand about wanting to do a laid back kinda of deal..
Old 03-31-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

scooters crawl spot in lapeer.

i am posting these pics for scooter. i am in colorado but i wanted to help a brotha out and get these pics up for him!

scooter(rob) is a damn good guy! any one who is even considering joining his club, you will not be disappointed! i live in CO and im still joining! haha! good luck with the club launch scoot! hope to see this club blow up!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up MiRCa'Crawler's Rock & Rule bro' - 4 did'nt ya' know'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid Metal View Post
Ok, yeah haha i just looked it up, thought it was kinda strange that its posted on this forum as a reconized club, but not on the offical site. so that means there is only 1 club as of right now in michigan.... got ya
___ NOT' your wrong again' MiRCa' is the ONLY recognized club' that is listed on that very list at this very time' - And there is these club's in Michigan now' = MiRCa' - Twisted Crawler's of michigan - Tri City Crawler's - Lapeer County Crawler's - and afew more - that I don't know the name's of as of yet' - Scoot'er.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:32 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Well Scoot, the requirements to get you club listed are pretty ridgid(not difficult but ridgid). The biggest hurdle I see in Michigan is attendance. Your club will need to have an average of 15 drivers per event. And beleve it or not that is hard to do on a consistent basis.. But as you already know, you dont need the approval of USRCCA to be a club, all you need are some friends who believe you are a club. Thats all that matters.

Lee
Old 03-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Well all I can say is good luck. I will come by sometime soon again. As far as clubs go in Michigan, it sure seems everyone wants them. But it's not much of a club if nobody shows up. That is why if all the clubs or future clubs united we all would be better off. Then we could organize points comps for the hardcore guys, gtg's for testing and hanging out, and scale events. We have the people and interest, let's make it happen. Then nobody's events would interfere with others and you could come to the events that interest you. Just my thought

Later,
Farmer
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Excellent point on the scheduling issue, Farmer...

Attendence is the most important part of ANY club!!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I couldn't agree more with Farmer and Lee. We need attendance. MiRCa charges no fees or dues to help keep our attendance up. Many clubs are charging for one of both of those.

There is no need for 10 clubs. We all know our state and many of our members have been hit ravaged by the economy. So as we grow the numbers are slow to increase.

I know its a haul to many of these comps and events Scooter. I know not everyone is willing to drive those distances.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

My best advice...get some locals into it...friends or whatever.

Just start heading out to your spots and crawling. People will come and ask. I know thats why the sport is growing now. Compared to racing MiRCa and Twisted and the members do nothing but help encourage people and answer questions.

Get out and enjoy that patch of rocks there. I wish I had anything like that close to me.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:17 PM   #17
RCC Addict

thats so crazy... i run by there all the time that is like a mile from my house im surprized i havent seen seen you up there ive been wanting to take my truck up their but i brok my ESC so im done till i find anouther
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #18
RCC Addict

thats awsome ill have to see what im doin and i would be glad to help build a spot
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:45 PM   #19
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ Farmer View Post
As far as clubs go in Michigan, it sure seems everyone wants them. But it's not much of a club if nobody shows up. That is why if all the clubs or future clubs united we all would be better off. Then we could organize points comps for the hardcore guys, gtg's for testing and hanging out, and scale events. We have the people and interest, let's make it happen. Then nobody's events would interfere with others and you could come to the events that interest you. Just my thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
There is no need for 10 clubs. We all know our state and many of our members have been hit ravaged by the economy. So as we grow the numbers are slow to increase.

I know its a haul to many of these comps and events Scooter. I know not everyone is willing to drive those distances.
Now this is not directed at any one person or any certain club. It is just my opinion whether it be MI., OH, or even Arizona. But it is very true on both posts and it is nothing more than common sense to "join" all the little clubs to make 1 big great club and make it all work. However looking at Jakes join date and mine, he knows that was back when people had to build their own stuff and actually had to drive to events because we were far and few between.

Now that crawling has hit mainstream and it has caught and is still catching more eyes, there are 2 main problems IMO. No one wants to drive more than 30 mins from their house. Which I can't argue, as I am tired of driving 2+ hrs to all of our events also(but i still do it). Another problem that lies that I see though, is people are out to make a name for themselves in this community today and want the power to be seen.

Then you have 1 more situation..Not everyone is into the hardcore crawling or just scalers or whatever, so they do not feel that XXXXX club is for them. So what do they do, turn around and make a strict club that they like. Thus leading back to problem #2 posted above

So until you can fix those, you will have clubs popping up on every corner.

BTW- good luck to you and your new club scoot
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Red face

Thank you Sir' - for your compliment's & well wish'es - and coming from you' - they make us feel alot more positive' - about getting this club of our's moving forward - somewhat' better then I figured it would in the first place' - I'm going to stick it out' and I got some local's coming out of the woodwork now that would never have known about each other or any other known local's that were just around the corner or up the road from them all this time' - This hobby is going to Grow' this year - ya' know's - and as time go's by - They WILL come' - Scoot'er.

Last edited by scootertrash; 04-08-2010 at 09:49 AM.