Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Micro Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Scx24 furitek tegu: motor not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2022, 09:56 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Tegu: motor not working. Edit: works fine now

Hello,

I ordered the Tegu from asiatees.com and received it 15.2.2022. I have a dynamite barrage motor (dyns1203) that was working fine in my scx24.

It doesn’t work with the Tegu. I then bought a new barrage motor, but even the new one didn’t work. I plugged it like it is supposed to. Then I bought male banana connectors and soldered them to the new barrage motor, and connected the motor to the banana connectors which you have in the package. The motor still wouldn’t work.

When I calibrate with the bluetooth, there’s no sound, but forward and backward works on the app.

The only motor that works sometimes, is the stock scx24 motor. But it is too weak with my upgrades, it will not last long. The servo has been working correctly the whole time.

This is what I wrote to furitek. They answered quickly, and asked if I had set it to brushed. I said of course. I have tried it with different software updates, but no luck on that either. Today I removed the app from my phone, and loaded it to the phone again. I’ll try it today after work.

Anyone else had same kind of problem?

Last edited by 2471:24; 03-21-2022 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Working fine now
2471:24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2022, 05:34 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Scx24 furitek tegu: motor not working

The ESC works with the stock motor? This is good. The ESC is doing what it should.
The old barrage motor and the new barrage motor are not working with the Tegu. Can you take some pics of how they are connected and post them here so we can help troubleshoot?
Oh, can you try the new barrage motor with your old ESC to confirm that it works?
vinceherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 02:19 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Hello, thanks for the reply. Yeah all the motors works with the stock esc/rx. That’s something new to me that the barrage motors won’t work with the tegu! Do you know any 050 motors that work with the tegu?

All motors setup as the 030, the 050 just show throttle and reverse in the app, that’s it.

I will go brushless eventually, but I’m waiting for the micro outrunners to get some running time to see what is the best alternative and maybe for other manufacturers to start making them.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #4
JC3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2471:24 View Post
Hello, thanks for the reply. Yeah all the motors works with the stock esc/rx. That’s something new to me that the barrage motors won’t work with the tegu! Do you know any 050 motors that work with the tegu?

All motors setup as the 030, the 050 just show throttle and reverse in the app, that’s it.

I will go brushless eventually, but I’m waiting for the micro outrunners to get some running time to see what is the best alternative and maybe for other manufacturers to start making them.
Why don't you ditch that Furitek junk and get one of these. That way you don't have to worry about it working properly with brushed motors.

ASX24-Crawler

https://www.modellbau-regler.de/shop...roducts_id=161
JC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 09:54 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Well I finally got it working. Furitek didn’t like the motor plug plugged in, it worked some time and then the motor stopped working. I soldered the motor wires to 2 of the banana plugs. Now it works like a charm. Now the stock motor doesn’t even get hot, which is nice.

I’m still going brushless in the future, that’s why furitek is king. Thanks for the replies. Still odd why the barrage motors don’t work with furitek.
Old 03-21-2022, 04:45 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2471:24 View Post
Well I finally got it working. Furitek didn’t like the motor plug plugged in, it worked some time and then the motor stopped working. I soldered the motor wires to 2 of the banana plugs. Now it works like a charm. Now the stock motor doesn’t even get hot, which is nice.

I’m still going brushless in the future, that’s why furitek is king. Thanks for the replies. Still odd why the barrage motors don’t work with furitek.

So your findings are that it is a faulty plug?
vinceherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:55 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

No, it’s not a faulty plug. The connector is made to work with brushless and 3 pins. Brushed has 2 pins, so one can plug the brushed connector to the 2 pins that are on the left side, or the 2 pins that are on the right side in the tegu or lizard. Watch 2fm rc on his video how to install lizard or tegu on the scx24. The connector on the brushed engine isn’t secured thoroughly. Mine worked for a while, and then started to slide out.

That’s why I soldered two pins into the brushless connector. One pin on the brushless connector is extra, you don’t need it if you use a brushed engine. Hopefully you can understand what I mean.

Now it works fine, the engine works as it’s supposed to. It’s quite awesome now, my rig weighs 316 or 318 grams. The barrage engine was getting hot, but now even the stock engine has enough power, no need to use full throttle. The engine doesn’t even get hot. So everything is fine now.

Hopefully other people can use this info and not do as I did.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it!

Last edited by 2471:24; 03-21-2022 at 01:04 PM.

Scx24 furitek tegu: motor not working - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Furitek Lizard esc + 8000kv = one sick scx24 Unclelee Micro Scale Rigs 18 02-04-2022 12:05 PM
Scx24 C10 Furitek and Surpass brushless outrunner Unclelee Micro Scale Rigs 10 01-26-2022 02:35 AM
FURITEK LIZARD - LVC not working? SunTiger Micro Scale Rigs 7 11-10-2021 11:51 AM
Furitek Tegu Esc Rcing4life Micro Scale Rigs 25 10-08-2021 01:48 PM
Furitek Tegu 3S issues... Rcing4life Scale Videos! 0 03-26-2021 09:20 PM