LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Are there any indoor crawling parks around the twin cities
87silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Future location will be at Hobbytown in Brooklyn Park, MN. They will be moving shortly just down the street to a larger building and plan to add an indoor course. Fromn what I have been told the build out has not started yet but should be done rather quickly (1-2 months they thought). Ask for Ray at store and say when the hell is this indoor crawling course going to be finished.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Exclamation

I've made a few more maps of MNRCRC locations. Here is my list of maps currently:

Interstate Park-Taylors Falls, MN

Boom Site-Stillwater, MN

Brighton Beach-Duluth, MN

Break Wall-Duluth, MN

Stoney Point-Duluth, MN

Chester Bowl-Duluth, MN

Knife River-Duluth, MN

Enger Tower-Duluth, MN

Banning State Park-Sandstone, MN

Thompson Dam-Carlton, MN

Quarry Hill Park-Rochester, MN

Last edited by Nicklepimp; 01-25-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicklepimp View Post
I've made a few more maps of MNRCRC locations. Here is my list of maps currently:

Boom Site-Stillwater, MN

Went there today, most of the snow has melted and the bluffs give a nice edge to follow.

Had about a good hour of crawling before I broke a driveshaft. Going to order up some AX10 MIP axles for it tonight and head back out there next week.

Loading some pictures up right now.
adamatmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:51 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Default Possibly another comp spot?

Morton, MN this is behind the BP station and attached hotel. Just happen to see this when I was filling up the work truck today.

View Larger Map"> google map of the location (i'm not very computer savy)
View Larger Map

I am planning on scouting this location sometime in the near future, there is alot of parking and even a hotel for those from longer distances.
Will post more pics after I check it out! Oh and anyone who would like to check this out with me let me know. (Jim???)

Last edited by CmdrZod; 03-17-2011 at 07:13 PM.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:45 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I'll go, and i'll start bringin my crawler to work now
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #47

I went under the 35w bridge today in Minneapolis. ROCK HEAVEN. I can't really do much with my ole SCX10 but comp crawlers would have a BLAST out there.
adamatmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #48

Found a good place near my home to have little fun for trail run and light crawl. It's beside the rail ways, under the hwy280 bridge at the crossing of hwy 280 and u of m transit way. The area is not large (size as a basketball court) but there is a big soil pile with flat tops which is fun to drive around. I hope I can build a short trail course there for more fun. You can drive to the nearby parking lot and walk 100 feet there. Here are some pics I took yesterday~

wxgs333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:59 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxgs333 View Post
Found a good place near my home to have little fun for trail run and light crawl. It's beside the rail ways, under the hwy280 bridge at the crossing of hwy 280 and u of m transit way. The area is not large (size as a basketball court) but there is a big soil pile with flat tops which is fun to drive around. I hope I can build a short trail course there for more fun. You can drive to the nearby parking lot and walk 100 feet there. Here are some pics I took yesterday~
I think I know where that place is... I think that is just west of the "St. Anthony" plant for the RR... I was just though there today. There is alot of truck traffic there and the Minnesota Commercial Rail yard is right there too.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipervision View Post
Future location will be at Hobbytown in Brooklyn Park, MN. They will be moving shortly just down the street to a larger building and plan to add an indoor course. Fromn what I have been told the build out has not started yet but should be done rather quickly (1-2 months they thought). Ask for Ray at store and say when the hell is this indoor crawling course going to be finished.
Anything new on this have they moved and setup an indoor course yet.
Reddogsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:01 AM   #51

I am new to the scaling and crawlers, but have been talking to people for awhile now. I know that MMR might be a possible location for a indoor course. Need to know how many would come and play(practice or comp)? can you help with moving this forward by posting on the link forum.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/minnesot...ml#post9031673

Thanks
driftdreamer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #52
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftdreamer06 View Post
I am new to the scaling and crawlers, but have been talking to people for awhile now. I know that MMR might be a possible location for a indoor course. Need to know how many would come and play(practice or comp)? can you help with moving this forward by posting on the link forum.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/minnesot...ml#post9031673

Thanks
Please guys any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I've managed to stir up alot of interest this winter at MMR. We now have the possibility of an indoor coarse which I feel would have alot of interest during the winter months.

Ya... no. Just say what's on your mind.
wild bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:44 PM   #53
RCLS Janitor

Have any of you ever ventured back into the boulder fields north of Hoyt Lakes Aurora area? It's part of the Superior National Forest. It's one of the coolest spots I've ever seen in Minnesota. Boulders big and small as far as you can see. I would think it would make a perfect crawler location. I will have to drive back there and get some pictures for you.

I have alot of Natural granite formations and outcrops on my property also near Tower.
LOST IN MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOST IN MN View Post
Have any of you ever ventured back into the boulder fields north of Hoyt Lakes Aurora area? It's part of the Superior National Forest. It's one of the coolest spots I've ever seen in Minnesota. Boulders big and small as far as you can see. I would think it would make a perfect crawler location. I will have to drive back there and get some pictures for you.

I have alot of Natural granite formations and outcrops on my property also near Tower.
I wheel at Birch Lake when I am camping....cool island crawling there.
kwapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #55
RCLS Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwapi View Post
I wheel at Birch Lake when I am camping....cool island crawling there.
Yeah lots of good spots around that area. Good Fishing too!!!
LOST IN MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

Any round-rocked, hilly places around the North or NW metro that anyone knows about?
MarkThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:41 AM   #57

I have built a 1/24 crawler spot at my house in cannon falls and if i get more intrest ill work on a indoor (mostly wood course) for inmy heated garage for the winter. Just message me if your game.
BigJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:23 AM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Interested.
Snipervision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #59

Default Re: Mn crawling locations

Was on a test drive with a customer yesterday and we drove through Essex Park in Rochester. Normally I don't notice but the creek was really low and would make for an amazing scale trail run. I will get some pics tomorrow if I remember to. If I had a crawler I would be there right now!
SabaII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #60
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Mn crawling locations

Quarry Hill Park
701 Silver Creek Road
Rochester, MN, 55906
www.qhnc.org

If you google it and pan to the north and a little west you'll see the quarry. At the north end of the quarry is where we crawl. Scalers can hit the trails anywhere around the quarry and have a good time.

I'll try to post some pics later I took that show the terrain.
semnmrc is offline   Reply With Quote