Notices

Thread: 2010/2011 MNRCRC Winter Meeting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaller View Post
This thread is a COMPLETE train wreck.
We are discussing our club here and no cute glory grabbing rant by you is going to change whats being said or how people feel so show some respect or I'll run over your foot asshole.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 02:37 PM   #42
Donkey Punch Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
We are discussing our club here and no cute glory grabbing rant by you is going to change whats being said or how people feel so show some respect or I'll run over your foot asshole.

Norm, I respect you too much to personally attack you. If you felt that way then I am sorry. (and my cankle says NO MORE running over me!)

There wasn't any glory grabbing...it was the TRUTH. Again, feel free to discuss any of the topics I have addressed. You seemed to have skipped everything I have said.
BigBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #43

I am new to club and have only run 3 or 4 comps. From what I have experienced it was a lot of fun. The reason I rock crawl and race RC is because of the competition, I also like to have fun but I can drive them around in my yard and have fun. When I go to these events I expect it to be hard but that makes me better and when you run against good competition that makes you better also. I just want to say thanks to all the people I have met and that have helped me out. Can't wait till next season.
letrbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Norm, I respect you too much to personally attack you. If you felt that way then I am sorry. (and my cankle says NO MORE running over me!)

There wasn't any glory grabbing...it was the TRUTH. Again, feel free to discuss any of the topics I have addressed. You seemed to have skipped everything I have said.
We're good man you know that.

The truth is difficult to define and that's why it's hard to fine tune something like the MNRCRC. We have a great Club, awesome to die for locations at TF, Duluth and the North Shore. We've got top notch people from all over the state many with lots of experience and dedication. I'd like to hear ideas from them personally. This is a great club with a great opportunities. I look forward to our winter planning meeting.

To clarify I'm not dissing the USRCCA, I'd like not to have to attend the Petite Nationals at every MNRCRC event.

By the way if I ever roll over your foot/cankle I want you to know I would never intentionally hurt you Ryan, but you just might want to watch were you stand when we're together for awhile.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 10-28-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by letrbuk View Post
I am new to club and have only run 3 or 4 comps. From what I have experienced it was a lot of fun. The reason I rock crawl and race RC is because of the competition, I also like to have fun but I can drive them around in my yard and have fun. When I go to these events I expect it to be hard but that makes me better and when you run against good competition that makes you better also. I just want to say thanks to all the people I have met and that have helped me out. Can't wait till next season.
I agree with most of what you said with the exception of running in the back yard part. For many members this started out as a mellow guys competition and it was great. Building a rig was different the parts were ala cart that was cool all by it's self tons of mechanical creativity. This never was or will ever be anything like many other types of RC competition. You know like the verbal cat fights on the drivers stand between competitors. I don't believe that's what this is about or can be.

Hope to see you more next season it should be a great one I though you did well this past season. Hope to see you make at the winter meeting.

Keep those thoughts coming
Old 10-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #46
Donkey Punch Champion!

Hug it out?

Scalers...
Old 10-28-2010, 07:56 PM   #47
Debunking old stereotypes

I personally don't mind hard courses, to a degree, and they should get progressively harder, both from the start of a new season, and to each gate, better to point out/time out on gate 7-8, then 2-3, especially for possible new competitors.

Maybe one season of 8-10 comps, of course the points leader/s at Nationals cut off time go to Nats.
Not to piss anybody off, but is 1.9's worth running?
Super numbers are dwindling down too.
Run MOA's and shaftys together, nationally, 2.2 does seem to be by far the biggest class, why not focus more on that? Maybe run 3 courses for 2.2
Time limits are a toughie, the guys that want to run regional/national comps sure don't want to be running 7 minutes courses.
Maybe instead of a sportsman class, run a 4 minute, and a 7 minute class, 4 minute class would be the only class to qualify for Nationals spots. I know it would be more work for scoring etc, but it might keep those not interested in going to nationals, more interested, by giving them more time to run the harder courses the 4 minute guys want. Other then the time limit, to keep things simple for judging, both 4 and 7 minute classes would run USRCCA rules.

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 10-28-2010 at 08:07 PM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I agree with most of what you said with the exception of running in the back yard part. For many members this started out as a mellow guys competition and it was great. Building a rig was different the parts were ala cart that was cool all by it's self tons of mechanical creativity. This never was or will ever be anything like many other types of RC competition. You know like the verbal cat fights on the drivers stand between competitors. I don't believe that's what this is about or can be.

Hope to see you more next season it should be a great one I though you did well this past season. Hope to see you make at the winter meeting.

Keep those thoughts coming
I am not really sure what all the bickering is all about... I think that the R/C crawling comps ARE fun and challenging. Think about it what other "Sport" could you compete in while playing with (more or less) toys? yes granted there is alot of technology and precision in what we are running, with the LiPo's and dual ESC's and the like. I got into this hobby for that reason and found this club so that I could compete, whether it be sportsman or pro, I am going to be doing these comps so that I can improve as a driver and competitor and to hopefully learn from all of you some of the tricks to doing well. If that means that I need to upgrade my rig for pro than that is what I have to do, if it means that I volunteer to judge so be it, but I do plan on attending the winter meeting so that I can learn more, and hopefully become more involved with the club.
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
I personally don't mind hard courses, to a degree, and they should get progressively harder, both from the start of a new season, and to each gate, better to point out/time out on gate 7-8, then 2-3, especially for possible new competitors.

Maybe one season of 8-10 comps, of course the points leader/s at Nationals cut off time go to Nats.
Run MOA's and shaftys together, nationally, 2.2 does seem to be by far the biggest class, why not focus more on that? Maybe run 3 courses for 2.2
Time limits are a toughie, the guys that want to run regional/national comps sure don't want to be running 7 minutes courses.
Maybe instead of a sportsman class, run a 4 minute, and a 7 minute class, 4 minute class would be the only class to qualify for Nationals spots. I know it would be more work for scoring etc, but it might keep those not interested in going to nationals, more interested, by giving them more time to run the harder courses the 4 minute guys want. Other then the time limit, to keep things simple for judging, both 4 and 7 minute classes would run USRCCA rules.
Well said, I couldnt agree more!
CmdrZod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #50
RCC Addict

If there's anything more I can do then judging or clock running then sign me up. I don't have a computer so score posting might not work but I'll pick up another task.

Quote:

I like all of these ideas. A lot.

Then again I only run 2.2 so I might be a little biased.

Last edited by djjiz; 10-29-2010 at 10:02 AM.
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

As I better learn how scoring is done and organized efficiently, I would not mind recording and posting scores. I plan on being a regular attendant in 2011 and I always have a laptop with me so I could do my run and then start putting scores into a spreadsheet immediately. I would assume not all people are intentionally not helping, but rather don't want to step on anyone's toes or insinuate they are doing a poor job. I am for the difficulty being similar to that of the national level competitions as one day I hope to compete against the "pros" who inspired me to start this sport, furthermore maybe there could be some class that incorporates some form of scoring "handicap" on a Minnesota only class to make them competitive on the home level but not allow those points to go towards nationals.
Wasp26Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Now there is an astute observation by a seasoned crawling veteran and club co-founder. Love the idea with time which is one of the biggest issues at the club level you can't get better at running comps if your pointing or timing out by gate #3, this may be good for warning up to Nats but really sucks if you need some run time?. The 1.9's and Supers have their place Nationally and locally, I have no interest in either class personally but I don't think either one gets in the way.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrZod View Post
I am not really sure what all the bickering is all about... I think that the R/C crawling comps ARE fun and challenging. Think about it what other "Sport" could you compete in while playing with (more or less) toys? yes granted there is alot of technology and precision in what we are running, with the LiPo's and dual ESC's and the like. I got into this hobby for that reason and found this club so that I could compete, whether it be sportsman or pro, I am going to be doing these comps so that I can improve as a driver and competitor and to hopefully learn from all of you some of the tricks to doing well. If that means that I need to upgrade my rig for pro than that is what I have to do, if it means that I volunteer to judge so be it, but I do plan on attending the winter meeting so that I can learn more, and hopefully become more involved with the club.
First of all I not sure bickering is what we're doing and we're defiantly not playing with toys their way to expensive it's called RC. Personally I see no need or reason for a restricted sportsman class, everyone with a shaft truck can be accommodated in the shaft class. Shaft trucks are not going to survive with out some support and losing them would be a shame IMO. The USRCCA's stand on 2.2 classes is more mocho lip service than reality and is forcing a early death of the shaft truck for no reason. Your point on volunteering is important all members need to, operating a club like this takes work and everyone should look for ways they can help.

Glad to have on board hope you will become as addicted as many of us are. Don't be concerned about open discussion with strong opinions it is the best thing that can happen. Remember we always have a opportunities to fine tune our program.

Last edited by Stormin2u; 10-29-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 AM   #54
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp26Jim View Post
As I better learn how scoring is done and organized efficiently, I would not mind recording and posting scores. I plan on being a regular attendant in 2011 and I always have a laptop with me so I could do my run and then start putting scores into a spreadsheet immediately. I would assume not all people are intentionally not helping, but rather don't want to step on anyone's toes or insinuate they are doing a poor job. I am for the difficulty being similar to that of the national level competitions as one day I hope to compete against the "pros" who inspired me to start this sport, furthermore maybe there could be some class that incorporates some form of scoring "handicap" on a Minnesota only class to make them competitive on the home level but not allow those points to go towards nationals.
Very good we have a scorer EtypeR (Mike) you should talk with him he's busy and might like some help. Judging and timing is a big weak point for us.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Don't be concerned about open discussion with strong opinions it is the best thing that can happen.
Agreed!!

We crawl as a group, we discuss as a group. If anyone ever has anything to say please feel free to speak up about any concerns. MNRCRC isn't a group of a couple guys making our minds up for us.. It takes a village so to speak.

No where else have I seen a club interested in open minds!
djjiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

I'd be up for the task of score keeping. I don't plan on missing any events next season. I'll talk with etype
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:39 AM   #57
Donkey Punch Champion!

There should be a minimum number of trucks on any given day to run any certain class. We need numbers. To have a sportsman class, there needs to be more then 2 guys running it. For 1.9's there needs to be more then 3 guys. Supers, is down to 4 regulars here at the end of the season?

Face it...it's a COMP. Not play time. Run it the same as a national event ONLY MAKES YOU BETTER. Those who need more "wheel time", need to do that on THEIR OWN! Saturday's could be used for that? I don't show up to an organized event to play, I come to compete.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjiz View Post
Agreed!!

We crawl as a group, we discuss as a group. If anyone ever has anything to say please feel free to speak up about any concerns. MNRCRC isn't a group of a couple guys making our minds up for us.. It takes a village so to speak.

No where else have I seen a club interested in open minds!

Yep, we decided early on not to have elected club officers, but instead to put up voting threads, and decide things as a club. So far democracy has work pretty well.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #59

Quote:
There should be a minimum number of trucks on any given day to run any certain class. We need numbers. To have a sportsman class, there needs to be more then 2 guys running it. For 1.9's there needs to be more then 3 guys. Supers, is down to 4 regulars here at the end of the season?

Face it...it's a COMP. Not play time. Run it the same as a national event ONLY MAKES YOU BETTER. Those who need more "wheel time", need to do that on THEIR OWN! Saturday's could be used for that? I don't show up to an organized event to play, I come to compete.

Simple, run the 4 minute time limit.
Not everyone has the time, or is close enough to a crawling area to go get more "wheel time" on Saturdays. Plus, those guys would want to get the wheel time running on actual comp courses. Unless the numbers of competitors is too big for reasonable time to allow it, I sure don't see the harm in letting them run a 7 minute time limit?
Remember, not everyone wants to go to nationals, a large part of the of the club is/was there to comp for fun and enjoyment.
I would think the guys wanting to compete nationally would be the ones that want to get more wheel time on Saturdays. Why would the guys not interested in competing nationally want to dedicate more time (Saturdays)to practice something they do for fun and enjoyment?
Old 10-29-2010, 12:35 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Getting better really? I don't believe that's true where is there any evidence that it has had any impact on national results?