Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: Flathead Get Togethers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 07:22 AM   #61
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I knew it was gonna be... thats why I am even home... we didn't want to camp in the rain. Being a tent camper and all.

I bet we can find a couple hour window to get some crawling in tho. It wasn't that nice yesterday and I messed around here at home a li'l bit last night, long as the rocks are dry it's all good.
Anyway, it doesn't matter to me where, but lone pine is getting old... i mean I'll go up there just to see if the new setup makes any difference in getting up places I haven't been able to so far (namely that Gawd Damn sign rock). But theres gotta be other places. I might run out by Kila today and check that all out. I'm sure there'd be good running out there, just so dang far to drive. Anyway keep me posted.
Jeff
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
Yeah I knew it was gonna be... thats why I am even home... we didn't want to camp in the rain. Being a tent camper and all.

I bet we can find a couple hour window to get some crawling in tho. It wasn't that nice yesterday and I messed around here at home a li'l bit last night, long as the rocks are dry it's all good.
Anyway, it doesn't matter to me where, but lone pine is getting old... i mean I'll go up there just to see if the new setup makes any difference in getting up places I haven't been able to so far (namely that Gawd Damn sign rock). But theres gotta be other places. I might run out by Kila today and check that all out. I'm sure there'd be good running out there, just so dang far to drive. Anyway keep me posted.
Jeff
You don't have a rain fly for your tent?
Lone Pine is getting a little old... Kila isn't that far to drive if it's worthwhile. We could always meet up at Northland and carpool out to Kila We're going up Blacktail mountain today to unload some ammo and I'm gonna take a look up around there. There's lots of good places down on Hwy. 200 and Hwy. 135 by Perma and Paradise, but that's a little too far to drive. I look everyday when I go down to Superior.
Mike, can you think of any other decent places around here?
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Jeff, did you make it out to Kila today?
Old 05-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

nope but if weather is tolerable I am gonna head out there early in the AM and check it out
Old 05-24-2008, 10:44 PM   #65
RCC Addict

Quote:
nope but if weather is tolerable I am gonna head out there early in the AM and check it out
Post up here when you get back.... If worst comes to worst, we could always just go up to Lone Pine, if that's ok with you and Mike.... At least there, there are trees to hide under when it starts to rain
Old 05-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Mike, Jeff... you guys interested in crawling tomorrow? Maybe Kila or Lonepine
I found a pretty cool place near the 9 mile marker on Blacktail Mtn. road... Might go up and take some pics this weekend. Up near the top, close to the ski area, is an old quarry that might have good potential. Still a little too much snow up there, though. I got my ATV stuck in a snowdrift last weekend up there and had to winch myself out
Old 05-30-2008, 04:20 PM   #67
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
Mike, Jeff... you guys interested in crawling tomorrow? Maybe Kila or Lonepine
I found a pretty cool place near the 9 mile marker on Blacktail Mtn. road... Might go up and take some pics this weekend. Up near the top, close to the ski area, is an old quarry that might have good potential. Still a little too much snow up there, though. I got my ATV stuck in a snowdrift last weekend up there and had to winch myself out
Possibly...
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:33 AM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Depends on what time... I have to work for a while today. Goin' in at 6 until whenever they let me go... hopefully around noon.
Lemme know whats up.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Depends on what time... I have to work for a while today. Goin' in at 6 until whenever they let me go... hopefully around noon.
Lemme know whats up.
Probably sometime this afternoon... Mike's got some painting he wants to get finished up (I think) and I gotta go out to Steve's and get a new rear axle since I bent one up last weekend
Old 05-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #70
RCC Addict

Jeff, gonna meet Mike at his place around noon, then head over to Steve's to spend some money and then head up to Kila... So, we'll be up there sometime after 1:00 PM I figure
Old 06-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Guess I'll be going out myself today...
Got the new lockers installed, Sidewinder in, and the brushless motor. Changed tires as well and need to do some testing...
Old 06-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike1969 View Post
Guess I'll be going out myself today...
Got the new lockers installed, Sidewinder in, and the brushless motor. Changed tires as well and need to do some testing...
Sorry, Mike... Had to do a bunch of work on my truck yesterday and today and then the wife wanted to go scope out places for camping.... I won't be around much during the week now with me starting a new run from Hot Springs to Pasco, WA... but will still be home on the weekends to go run our rigs...
Old 06-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Hey all. I'm from kalispell, just joined the forums. This is a pretty cool way to hook up for some crawling. I am pretty sure I know Mike. I believe I've crawled with him and a couple of guys that work for Steve. I'm pretty new to crawling but I think I have some new places to try out. I will check them out further before I waste anybody else's time to drive to them since they are about 25 miles.
cuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
Hey all. I'm from kalispell, just joined the forums. This is a pretty cool way to hook up for some crawling. I am pretty sure I know Mike. I believe I've crawled with him and a couple of guys that work for Steve. I'm pretty new to crawling but I think I have some new places to try out. I will check them out further before I waste anybody else's time to drive to them since they are about 25 miles.
Cool, check'em out and let us know...
Get some pics if you can...
Old 06-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

Jeff, next time we go out bring those tennis balls so we can have a comp...
We also need a few more members and I'll resubmit for club status...
We're gonna put up a brochure at the hobby shop and that should do the trick. He sells tons of Axial kits so I know there's interest...
Old 06-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

2.2 Comp this Saturday 06/14/08 in Kila.
Let me know who can make it. There are some that are not members of RCC but I will get with them by phone.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Let me know who can make it. There are some that are not members of RCC but I will get with them by phone.
Mike, you have a email.

Matt, you have email as well.

Guys Proline donated MSD their custom gate markers, I am happy to use those for the club events that I attend also.

Last edited by Unimoger; 06-11-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:41 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'm in, thanks for the chance
Old 06-11-2008, 04:44 PM   #79
RCC Addict

Quote:
Jeff, next time we go out bring those tennis balls so we can have a comp...
Mike, got the tennis ball thing covered All cut and ready to go. I'll give them to you next time I see you
Old 06-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzican View Post
Welcome aboard