Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Montana

Notices

Thread: Flathead Get Togethers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Flathead Get Togethers

Hey Guys, I thought I'd start this thread to post up when we are going to crawl/trail ride.

Whenever any of you local guys are going to run your rigs just post it here so if any of the others want to join you we'll know when and where.
CrawlerGraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Wednesday (today) 3/19/08:
Lone Pine State Park
4:00 PM...
We'll park up top by the building.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Subscribed

Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons are the only realistic days I'd be come out and play, though
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
Subscribed

Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons are the only realistic days I'd be come out and play, though
I'm sure we'll be going out somewhere this weekend. I'll post back here if/when I get any details.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMike1969 View Post
I'm sure we'll be going out somewhere this weekend. I'll post back here if/when I get any details.
The sooner I know, the better the chances I can go..... I drive 15 hours a day M-F and then have to service my truck Sat and sometimes Sun.... So, if I know in advance, I can weasel my way out of working weekends
Old 03-19-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I work 4 10's and probably Sat's soon, so my day off varies. I'd be up for an evening crawl tho maybe once in awhile depending on when I got off work. And weekends are ok. Just keep shouting on here and maybe I'll get it soon enough, you went at 4 right? 'til when? And I have never been up to the top of lone pine... you turn up there just after the island and before the beach on Foys? looked on google earth
anyway here's a pic or 4 of my AX on my home course.
Attached Images

JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I went up to Lone Pine today. It was fun but not really alot of good crawling, tho I did have a good time climbing some of the ledges and rocks. Got some dirty looks from some people up there so not sure what they think of us crawling around up there.

Don't know where everyone lives but I am down in Evergreen, and someplace thats pretty good is out on Liebigs(sp) Dyke out off the end of East Reserve. The water is down and away from the rocks right now but won't be for long and then won't be down low enough again until late this summer. Don't have pics but will get some the next time I head over there.

Last edited by JEracing; 03-20-2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: typo
JEracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
I went up to Lone Pine today. It was fun but not really alot of good crawling, tho I did have a good time climbing some of the ledges and rocks. Got some dirty looks from some people up there so not sure what they think of us crawling around up there.
Who cares what they think of us crawling up there
Is the park reserved for a bunch of hippie hikers??

BTW.... got your decals for you
Old 03-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEracing View Post
Don't know where everyone lives but I am down in Evergreen, and someplace thats pretty good is out on Liebigs(sp) Dyke out off the end of East Reserve. The water is down and away from the rocks right now but won't be for long and then won't be down low enough again until late this summer. Don't have pics but will get some the next time I head over there.
I was thinking about going down to collect some rock from Hwy 135, by Paradise.... Lots of good rock out there to make a good course here at home.... Anyway, wherever you guys want to go crawling is fine by me.... I know of some great places up on Blacktail Mtn.... Me and the wife have gone rock climbing on our 4 wheelers up there.... but too far out of the way for most of you guys...

Last edited by montana.matt; 03-20-2008 at 10:10 PM. Reason: brainfart
Old 04-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

A little drive out to Hubbard reseviour is a good time. Well, when the snow melts. Lots of neat area's not too far off the roads.
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
A little drive out to Hubbard reseviour is a good time. Well, when the snow melts. Lots of neat area's not too far off the roads.
skid, what part of town are you in?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
We've seen a lot of people when we've been up there running are trucks and most of them just say hi and keep on walking. We don't bother anyone but I agree with Matt, "who cares what they think".

Mike, if you are driving rc rock crawler with MTRCRC logos and RCC logos on them, please CARE what people think. we don't want a bad rap that with the parks and rec.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
Mike, if you are driving rc rock crawler with MTRCRC logos and RCC logos on them, please CARE what people think. we don't want a bad rap that with the parks and rec.
I don't run any logos on my rigs. I've never had any problem with anyone there or anywhere else when running my rig. Most show a bit of interest and I end up talking to them for an hour telling them about what we do. I've never had any negative feedback from anyone. I might say I don't care what they think but it may be because I've never had to deal with that situation...
No worries,,, but we're not kids here,,, we can handle it without supervision...
Old 04-26-2008, 07:19 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
skid, what part of town are you in?
northwest corner, a the start of three mile drive near UPS
skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by skid View Post
northwest corner, a the start of three mile drive near UPS
That's cool...
I'm close to S. Meridian and 7th Ave. West...Close to the curve to Foys Lake...
Old 04-26-2008, 09:42 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Quote:
I've never had any problem with anyone there or anywhere else when running my rig. Most show a bit of interest and I end up talking to them for an hour telling them about what we do. I've never had any negative feedback from anyone. I might say I don't care what they think but it may be because I've never had to deal with that situation...
No worries,,, but we're not kids here,,, we can handle it without supervision...
X2
Old 05-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Arrow Lakeside casual GTG, anybody???

They're building a new subdivision here in Lakeside (:-() and there are some huge piles of rock (all different sizes), piles of rock and dirt and piles of dirt there. I took my crawler up there today and had quite a bit of fun. If anybody wants to come out next Saturday and/or Sunday (May 10 or 11) I'd be up to hanging out and doing some crawling. I'll be available both days. Post up here and I'll give out directions if you're interested
Old 05-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
They're building a new subdivision here in Lakeside (:-() and there are some huge piles of rock (all different sizes), piles of rock and dirt and piles of dirt there. I took my crawler up there today and had quite a bit of fun. If anybody wants to come out next Saturday and/or Sunday (May 10 or 11) I'd be up to hanging out and doing some crawling. I'll be available both days. Post up here and I'll give out directions if you're interested
I may be available if I can put the airbrush down long enough to go have some fun.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #19
RCC Addict

You must have tough duty this weekend
Old 05-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You must have tough duty this weekend
Yeah, long day today and gotta get up early and do it again...