Notices

Thread: HengGuan Mercedes G63 6x6 Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 05:59 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: HengGuan Mercedes G63 6x6 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJester View Post
So guys, is this thing worth it for around $250 to get into a 6x6? You could spend that much just getting Axial axles and wheels to start parting it out. Looks like essentially a scx10 with a plastic chassis, is the radio 3ch?
My honest opinion is I don't think so. I just don't see any quality on the bangood stuff and I read a lot of other people having issues with their other products on other forums. With bartering, collecting and planning I only had about $250 into my Axial based 6x6 .
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2015, 06:35 AM   #42

I'm going into this knowing it's cheap and cheerful. I do t have the fab skills to start a 6x6 from scratch and don't have the time either right now. This is going to get my girl involved as I already have a deadbolt and ps wraith for me and the boy. Plus this will just be the start of things for a new rc era. I don't mean a massive seismic change, but remember how people first laughed at how bad Japanese products were? Now look at them.
Gavinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:08 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Thats the way to do it, atleast you know what your getting yourself into.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #44

Exactly. I've only really been back into ex after a very long break. Last car was a tamiya hornet (not a re re either). This hobby has already swallowed a good chunk of cash, so this seems a good way to get some 6x action. It's never going to be a comp rig, just an excuse to get the girl out. But who knows what may come of these? They're getting a fair bit of interest and aren't the usual version of a "cheap" rc.
Old 08-05-2015, 11:53 AM   #45
Rock Stacker

Bartering, planning...these are the key words. This rig is pretty ok compared to my RC4WD Beast and half the weight. Plus you get a running rig with all the thinking done for you. Just look at my other thread about my broken frame on the Beast. Remember all RCs will break and that's part of the fun. Lets see how the metal frame I ordered does, that's my main disappointment so far is how much the frame flexes. I did upgrade the bushings to bearings and that made a huge improvement, use better tires, better aftermarket shocks, and all electronics have been replaced. For anyone with extra cash please replace all electronics it will make the rig much more capable. I didn't even bother with what it came with beside the motor. 7.4 volts? Overall its a fun and easy RC to work with besides getting parts if they break aka wait almost 2 weeks for delivery. Regarding the paint I have seen ppl paint these pink, metallic blue, white, black. My fav so far is the metallic blue I saw on youtube. Stuff should arrive today so I will def post up my review on them. If the frame holds up I might just try installing my blackwells on it...just maybe. I'm always here to answer anything you you guys need to know. and I wished we had a better aftermarket support on this thing it could be a monster. So far no RAGRETS.
BoyFreakWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:24 AM   #46

Well it's here! Girl is pretty excited about it and my boy is annoyed that he's only got a tiny deadbolt to drive . On the downside, like quite a few others, it's arrived with a broken shell and tire carrier,must immsure banggood will see me right. First impressions not to bad. I was please to see that the wheels were bead locks, till I realised they were something like 3". It would also be nice to have a bit more steering lock but it'll do for now. I've removed the foams already as with the lo pro tires there wasn't much tyre flex and this has improved things a little.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

@Gavinda...Pics?
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:43 PM   #48

I'll sort some pics over the weekend mate. ����
Old 08-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #49

No pics just yet sorry. Nothing different than what's been seen though. I've spoken to banggood and there's another she'll on its way to me.

I thought I'd take advantage of the damaged she'll and give a go at painting the exterior. I removed the wheel arches roll bar and wing mirrors, wet sanded the outside and then stuck it in the dishwasher for a good degreasing.

On high temperature

Any clues on how to unwarp a body?

Last edited by Gavinda; 08-18-2015 at 01:34 PM. Reason: iPad spellchecker.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #50

After a lot of testing, here is the result: I have swaped almost all bearings except two which the measurement did not fit normal 5mm axles. Swapped the thin washers (2-2,8mm) to washers 1-1,5mm. Now the transmission works nice and easy without any hacking.Put in maringrease.
Another ESC and servo. As rdiosystem I do use Spectrun DX4S.
But also swaped back to original dampers in front and original motor.
Still the body was leaning!!?? Then I swaped the stearing link from the servo. It seemed to be short. With a longer one, homemade, to the other side of the stearing - it goes very good - and not leaning to one side.
And the car goes so easy so a good 1800mAh NiMH battery lasts surpisingly long.
Now I am satisfied with the car!!
Now it just that I still wait for the new body that Banggood has promised to deliver as the package were damaged as well as the body when it arrived 3 month ago!!
Nohabfsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:39 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohabfsg View Post
Now it just that I still wait for the new body that Banggood has promised to deliver as the package were damaged as well as the body when it arrived 3 month ago!!
I'm thinking this is going to be a painful business. One user on BG had three bodies sent as they were just sending them in a jiffy bag I'm hoping for the best
Old 08-20-2015, 10:54 AM   #52

Yes it seems to be a sad story. Today the new body arrived. It was packed with a lot of 1mm foamsheets and parts of very thin cartoons. Yes the body had some damage from the transport. So there will be a new e-mail with Pictures.
A question: From wich country are the bad experience yor mention?? I will try to frighten BangGood by telling them that there are some information ariund the World about their bad packiging which will influence their reputation.
Nohabfsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:01 AM   #53

I was the one that got three broken body shells from Banggood before I got a refund. And after that I desired to purchase the whole car, which surprisingly arrived without broken body.
Banggood wrote in my review that they have changed packing method for the P601 body shell, maybe yours have been shipped before that? If it does matter, the body shell was shipped to Norway.
You can find my review here:
HG P601 1/10 6WD RC Crawler Shell Assembly HG-CKP03 Sale-Banggood.com

I got lucky when I recently ordered two front axle assembly from BG to have as a spares for my car, around three weeks after I ordered it I got a email from BG which said they where empty for the axles I ordered. So I asked if they could send the metal axle instead of the ones I ordered since I have waited for long time and they actually did it.
Anyhow, just as I hope, the metal axles is very heavy, which I think would be good for this car, mine is rolling over really fast so I think it will be good to have some weight low down to prevent it to roll over that easily.
emilhetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:02 AM   #54
RCC Addict

It's a good looking axle. How have the internal gears been holding up people who have run them?
adamargue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:33 AM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Little bit interested also, found one from Greens Models, is this the same kit what OP has or is there differences?

Mercedes G-63 All Alloy 6x6 Complete Kit – Greens Models
FinCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:40 AM   #56
RCC Addict

That one says its all aluminum so maybe it has all the hop ups right out of the box? Body looks the same though.

Edit... Trans is different also. I bet it's like the integy 6x6 with that body
Old 08-26-2015, 08:42 AM   #57
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinCrawler View Post
Little bit interested also, found one from Greens Models, is this the same kit what OP has or is there differences?

Mercedes G-63 All Alloy 6x6 Complete Kit – Greens Models
the parts look almost the same as this......

V2 Billet Machined 1/10 Trail Roller 6X6AWS Off-Road Scale Crawler ARTR for R/C or RC - Team Integy
rustneversleeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:52 AM   #58
RCC Addict

i found this one while I logging into RCCrawler.It was on the home page were they advertise product so i decided to click and found this.
great price which is USD but the only thing i don't like it's 105.00 to ship that were they get ya.still not bad for 200.00 bucks...

HG P601 6WD RC Crawler RTR Climbing Car-95.99 | GearBest.com

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 08-26-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustneversleeps View Post
i found this one while I logging into RCCrawler.It was on the home page were they advertise product so i decided to click and found this.
great price which is USD but the only thing i don't like it's 105.00 to ship that were they get ya.still not bad for 200.00 bucks...

HG P601 6WD RC Crawler RTR Climbing Car-95.99 | GearBest.com
thats sweet looks the same as the HengGuan nice
Old 08-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #60
RCC Addict

Ya i know really want one of these to.For the price you can't go wrong...
And just to think for such a cheap price ,you wonder how much it cost them just for the molds to make plastic parts for these 6x6...

I need a rig to haul my rigs......

Last edited by rustneversleeps; 08-26-2015 at 12:28 PM.

HengGuan Mercedes G63 6x6 Review - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mercedes Benz G63 6x6-Fingo Style Fingonunny Multi Axle Rigs 21 09-27-2015 11:08 AM
Brabus Mercedes G63 6x6 novianto 1.9 Scale Rigs 14 04-02-2014 03:53 PM
Mercedes Benz G63 6x6 RodyRazorBackc5 Chit Chat 0 12-05-2013 05:34 AM
The Mercedes G63 AMG 6x6 Highmark Chit Chat 2 03-15-2013 08:55 PM
Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG 6×6 DVS Chit Chat 1 03-01-2013 01:11 PM