Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: moa with spektrum dx4r pro

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #1

Default moa with spektrum dx4r pro

I have looked and searched everywhere for a review of someone using the dx4r pro with dual esc's and have came up with nothing.. don't really want to spend the money on the futaba 4pkr s would rather spend less an get the dx4r pro. but don't know if the pre set mix for moa on the spectrum is good enough. or if ts just a pre set that we can change settings with.. please I hope someone has some info on this thanks in advance
jimmy0179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy0179 View Post
I have looked and searched everywhere for a review of someone using the dx4r pro with dual esc's and have came up with nothing.. don't really want to spend the money on the futaba 4pkr s would rather spend less an get the dx4r pro. but don't know if the pre set mix for moa on the spectrum is good enough. or if ts just a pre set that we can change settings with.. please I hope someone has some info on this thanks in advance
Have you considered the 4pl or 4pk??
Or are you just dead set on the dx4r?

4pl/s is great for moa, as the 4pk/s.
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #3

Default Re: moa with spektrum dx4r pro

I have only ever used spectrum as my brand radio.. so if the spektrum dx4r pro is up to the task than I would to stay with spektrum... haven't really considered 4pl/s only because if im gonna make the switch to futaba I would think buying the most recent radio the put out would be in my best interest. im just confused on the dx4r pro because add says PRE set mix for moa, so don't know if I could make changes to the mix, ya know what im trying to say?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy0179 View Post
I have only ever used spectrum as my brand radio.. so if the spektrum dx4r pro is up to the task than I would to stay with spektrum... haven't really considered 4pl/s only because if im gonna make the switch to futaba I would think buying the most recent radio the put out would be in my best interest. im just confused on the dx4r pro because add says PRE set mix for moa, so don't know if I could make changes to the mix, ya know what im trying to say?
I understand. I was a spektrum guy through and through myself till I got my futabas and I love em!
Wish I could help with your question. But I'm not sure. I do understand what your saying though. Just don't know an answer, I looked at the dx4 when it came out, but I couldn't find much info on the moa application back then and I just took the plunge and got a futaba and I like it a lot!
Good luck on your search!
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #5

does anybody here use a spektrum dx4r pro with a moa application?
Old 02-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Check Here

I have a DX4S and it with dual micro sidewinders and it suits my needs. Front/Rear dig and proportional.

There are a couple of other threads on here that explain how to set up mixing with out using the Preset. I personally haven't tried it yet.
TraceTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #7
RCC Addict

There are a few threads on here about the DX4R. As far as I know it works fine. The "pre set" means that you just select that menu in the radio and adjust form there.

You can also use a DX3R with a "want-a-mix"

I use that setup on 2 moa rigs and will not use anything else untill I get a DX4R.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #8

thanks guys for the info.. was exactly what I was looking for.. you guys rock!.. so I will be buying the dx4r pro and staying in the spektrum family like I wanted.. I just don't see the need to spend that much money on the futaba 4pks-r

moa with spektrum dx4r pro - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DX4R Moa programming wugambino Electronics 20 06-09-2015 10:50 PM
Bout Time Spektrum... DX4R Pro EverettY Electronics 30 03-02-2014 06:37 AM
Spektrum DX4R Pro UnBoxing by 505RC Team CowRC Non Crawler RC's 0 01-09-2014 07:05 PM
Spektrum DX3R Programming Moa??? Norris Electronics 3 03-23-2010 11:45 AM