Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #401
Rock Stacker

you go by the size of the rims. ie: 1.9 2.2 ect...
ian48065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2007, 01:44 PM   #402

Default axial threaded post?

Hi guys, I'm not sure if this question is appropriate here but here it goes. I'm looking for the green post that have been displated in the home page. does anyone know were I can purchase these/ I've gone through the vender market and did a seach and came up empty. i live in socal so if there is a lhs i can call or online would be fine too.
shlprck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #403
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlprck View Post
Hi guys, I'm not sure if this question is appropriate here but here it goes. I'm looking for the green post that have been displated in the home page. does anyone know were I can purchase these/ I've gone through the vender market and did a seach and came up empty. i live in socal so if there is a lhs i can call or online would be fine too.
Are you asking about these?
http://www.rccrawler.com/axial2.htm
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #404
RCC Addict

Default New member

Whats up Crawlers. My name is Kevin Iam from Washington MO. I have a clod based crawler that I've built from the ground up. I machined most of the parts in machine shop. I just added integy new 60 turn hand wound crawler motors. The truck has independent 4ws, adjustable motor mounts, hot bodies ufo tires and wheels. RC4wd wheel abapters. Custom made links and servo mounts. The chassis was also built.
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 05:18 PM   #405
RCC Addict

Default New member

Whats up Crawlers. My name is Kevin Iam from Washington MO. I have a clod based crawler that I've built from the ground up. I machined most of the parts in machine shop. I just added integy new 60 turn hand wound crawler motors. The truck has independent 4ws, adjustable motor mounts, hot bodies ufo tires and wheels. RC4wd wheel abapters. Custom made links and servo mounts. The chassis was also built. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...2/P4210104.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...2/P4050098.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...P4150101-1.jpg
klabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:07 AM   #406

Who you are? Hi, I am Danny.
What kind of rig you have? I don't have a crawler... yet... I have 4 *other* R/C cars. A Tamiya F103, A Tamiya TA03F, A Kyosho Sideways, and an Associated B2.
Where you live? I live in Glendale, AZ.

I am really interested in getting into a TLT based 2.2 scale crawler. I am hoping something turns up in the classifieds. I can be a patient man.
Danny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:29 PM   #407

Hey all. I'm Shooter (nickname given to me in the service). I don't have a crawler, but am looking to get one soon. I used tinker w/ models back in HS, that was long ago!, then I messed w/ rc's for just a bit. Been a long time since I've even layed eyes on most of this stuff, and from browsing the site it looks like things have changed a good bit. I'm looking more toward the building than actually running I think, but who knows. I've got to figure out where to start first! Too many choices.
Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #408

Default new to RC crawling

Name: Rod
home town: Portland, OR

well i could not tell you one thing about my car it was given to me. but i can tell you this it started out as a gas powered 1/8 4x4 car. all i used from that to make my car was the axle's. i locked the front & rear diffs, purchesed a stamped stan, a chasie, metal front and rear drive lines, tires and a t-65 motor, i made my own 4 links from 1/4 tubes and 6/32 all thread, i had the controller and servos from a stamped truck i have had for years.

then i went to work and did tones of looking on RC crawler and made a truck. i am starting a new 2.2 scaler that is going to have tlt axels and be a LOT nicer to play with. here is a few pics of what i have so far let me know what you all think. also let me know if you guys think i can improve on this before i start my 2.2 TLT

thanks

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/DSCF0328.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/DSCF0327.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/DSCF0326.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...r/DSCF0325.jpg
mdffdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #409

Default Newbie....

Hi guys, My name goes by shlprck. I have a tlt 2.2 rig I'm rebuiling. I purchased off of ebay. Lot of work when your new to this sport. I live in so cal. I have been reading alot and already talking to a few of you guys. Getting your expertise is fun. I just want to say this a great place. I enjoy reading all the post keep it up.

The first question to this thread is how do you submit a photo and how come my photo attch isnt cuming up behind my name?
Attached Images

shlprck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:40 AM   #410

Hi. My name is Roy, and I'm an Autoholic living in Hoyjord in Norway, Europe. I've been into RC-cars and trucks for nearly 30 years
I'm 40-something years old.
I have been stumbelin' aroung in this forum for some months now, but thought I'd make it "official" like this...

Currently I'm building a 1:6 scale Hummer H 1/2, a tuber with not much bodywork, a Wheely King Crawler +++ Too many to mention actually...
Most of these will go brushless.
Pics will appear suddenly and abruptly in some distant thread

Thanks for a very good and well maintained forum, you guy's!!

Regards
Roy
TheWiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #411
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
Hey all. I'm Shooter (nickname given to me in the service). I don't have a crawler, but am looking to get one soon. I used tinker w/ models back in HS, that was long ago!, then I messed w/ rc's for just a bit. Been a long time since I've even layed eyes on most of this stuff, and from browsing the site it looks like things have changed a good bit. I'm looking more toward the building than actually running I think, but who knows. I've got to figure out where to start first! Too many choices.
Oh if you build it you'll soon become an addict like the rest of us. I run mine every chance I get 24/7, in the middle of the night when the dog goes out/lunch time near work...........
Fortunately there will never be a cure for the RC crawling addict

Last edited by DRCMAN; 05-03-2007 at 07:31 AM.
DRCMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #412

Hello !
So i introduce my self :
name : Julien
home town : Toulouse, France.

As you can see, i am a french man so i am sorry if my english is not so good.
I am studying in an engineering aeronautical school in Toulouse and i learned the existence of this site on a french site which is "maximummt".
Two weeks ago i decided to build my own crawler with a t-maxx base and i have founded many things on this forum and i have to say that this forum is awesome many of crawlers are wonderfull.

Thanks for your forum.
Bye bye.
Julien.
julcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 AM   #413

Hello! desguidi from Italy! 26 years old and very baaaaad english.

I'm trying to make a maxx based crawler, but everythink is difficult to find here in Italy:-(! No problem, I've just bought a lot of parts in the States..

If somebody has an used stick to sell...Please contact me!
desguidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:03 AM   #414
RCC Addict

Default Newbies...

What's Up...I just recently got back into RC's. I live in Miami, Fl but I am from the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I currently have a TLT/Gmade Tracer crawler. It's modified throughout and does pretty good for my first rig. I am in the middle of gathering up everything I need to complete my first scale rig. I have a HPI Defender 90 and a k2-3L for this project. When I get everything together I am going to post the build here. I have been checking out this site for a while and will be using just about every idea that has been mentioned. Thanks to everyone for all the great ideas and hopefully I can come up with a few new ones myself. I'm definitely going to be around for along time...talk to ya'll soon!
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #415
Pebble Pounder

Default New to the board

Hello all new member, and newb to the RC field as well.

Messed around with my first RC car last week and I am hooked 100% so I'm gonna take the tiger by the tail and try and build a scale replica of my current TJ.

Dave
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #416
DOOH!!!

Noob posting in.....

John
CFNN with a few mods.
Sunny Az, da** it's hot today!!

Just want to say this is a great site! and yes the search function works good, got me through an entire build with some great ideas.

Thanks guys!!
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #417
Rock Crawler

I thought i would present myself then....

Ben
I live in Italy (EU)...
I own a Losi 8ight and a MP777Truggy
I race nitro offroad.

Ive just be sucked into this crawling world and boy do i love it... trying to save up for a AX10 for when it comes out...

Round here in Italy, there are hardly any crawlers, no one knows what it is... in the Italian Rock Crawling forum there are 50 subscribers..
Hopefully as soon as i get my crawler ill meet with some crawlers and maybe start a little National championship (as there will be like 20 drivers) and hopefully it will grow here as well...

im a real noob in Rock Crawling but im slowly learning, but i know alot about Nitro offroad as ive been racing for a couple of years quite seriously, and will never stop racing either (its getting expensive..)
balang_479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #418
Rock Stacker

Default hey whats up guys

i 've been put on hold for a little while but now im back my question is i have a rustler xl5 tranny i use that housing for my xrc crawler i noticed the old stampede trannys are different from the one i have also its time for my driveshafts to be put on and a little lost want to stick with the traxxas if i can cause im used to them but please help

tranny= http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ransmision.jpg

tlt axle=http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w.../tltaxle-2.jpg

full scale pic=http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w.../rccrawler.jpg

Last edited by terrongregg; 05-23-2007 at 07:04 PM.
terrongregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #419
Pebble Pounder

Default Wanna see my new rig?

I am new to this forum and to RC rock crawling but not new to the world of RCing! I have recently built a TLT-based custom crawler and will soon build a super class. How the heck are ya?!

Wanna see my new rig?
krikir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #420
Pebble Pounder

Default Well, here it is.

I love this thing! It is a blast and I love to climb the rocks at Red Rocks park with it.
krikir is offline   Reply With Quote