Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #1401

name: chris rea
rig: none yet, trying to pick up a used axial ax-10 rig but haven't found one yet.
why i'm here: heard this was the best site for rc crawlers. doing research and trying to learn what I can so I don't make a bad purchase on a used rc crawler
where i'm at: bremerton, wa (just outside seattle)

don't ever plan on comping, just plan on bringing the rc on my camping trips and wheeling trips for fun during breaks. also want one because I just recently had shoulder surgery and can't work on my full size rig.
RedNeckRea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #1402

Default Hello All

2nd time around on this site, originally joined in 05, war took me away. now I am back under this name. I am in Denver, CO. did do some rock crawling back in 05, but a lot have changed.
within the last week I bought 2 Night crawlers, and a axail ax10 artr. Looking for more to get. ( and the best hop ups for them.
not going to comp, but to bash and play. I am a 100% Disabled Handicapped Combat Veteran. I am not able to work, so I am on here a lot
I don't post a lot but I read a lot of threads.
Not sure what else you may want to know, if anything, just ask. I'm the quiet guy that just watches and waits, till it's time to kick a$$.

TJ
STEALTH USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #1403

Default az newbie

well, rc newb, long time pirate addict and 1/1 wheeler. my name is aaron and i live in sunny tucson. looking to watch my first comp up on our little local mountain on the 15th, and as soon as some of my 1/1 stuff gets sold i will order an xr10 kit. gonna stay stocker for a while and upgrade as i break stuff. you know, just like in the 1/1 world.

and this is the second time i posted this... i must have caused the site crash. just kidding.
upsidedownaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #1404

my name is nick and i live in B.C. on vancouver island. i just got a used scx10 with a shortened frame and wheel base and more spare parts than i know what to do with a couple weeks back for 250$. the guy said there was about 1000$ worth of spare parts. there is even a home built tuber chassis in with all the stuff. i am in the process of building the tuber with the spare parts but still need to get the electronics for it.

here is the scx10 i have dubbed the "haggardmobile" since the body is just a mess

here is my 1:1 scale 4x4 to

dagoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 AM   #1405
Try to Bend it

A couple of easy and in expensive upgrades are Relocate the battery to the front of the vehicle to improve you Centre Of Gravity (COG).

Add some weight to your front wheels. Tyre balancing weights are a great option.

Check out the stickies at the top of the scx10 section for some other tips and tricks.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #1406
Rock Stacker

Talking Im a noob to this all

Hey everyone. My name is Justin. I live in Olympia, WA. I got into crawling a year ago. Loved this site and now this is my first post. Started with a ax10, did a bunch of mods, then tore it all apart and built a custom crawler. I just purchased a Poison Dart Frog from KC. When it gets in im gonna build another custom crawler. Ill post pics and such as i do that build. So far I have loved the crawler community, you guys are great. I am looking forward to reading more of your builds and posts. Thanks all!
roadman440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #1407
RCC Addict

Welcome Justin,

Congratulations on your first post. And also great decision on the purchase of a "Poison Dart" they are AWESOME. I am sure you have but, besure to look into others builds on the "PD's" for all of our mistakes and challenges. If you ever have a question always ask. All of us are very into the "PD" builds, and are always excited to see others. Here is a link to mine.

"The official Tuolumne County Poison Dart"

Looking forward to your build thread !

Daniel
DRV KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #1408
Rock Stacker

Talking

Thank you for the nice welcome. I have been reading tons of builds on here, which is why I joined up. You guys are always helpful. I have seen some really cool ideas. Thanks for the link to your build. I am looking forward to posting more with you all.
Justin
Old 05-21-2011, 03:17 AM   #1409
Pebble Pounder

My name is Jon, currently a wheeled vehicle mechanic in the military.
Right now I don't have a crawler, but I'm considering the new Axial Wraith and will make up my mind once a couple of questions are answered. I do have a Slash 4x4 that I enjoy though. Currently I'm stationed at Fort Hood, but I'll be moving out to Fort Bliss in El Paso when my unit relocates there.
JonU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:27 PM   #1410
Rock Stacker

Welcome Jon. Ive had a slash 4x4 too, fun rig. I would suggest and Axial AX-10 for a start in the crawling world. They run great and there are tons of upgrades and fun stuff to do to them. The wraith should be a great truck too. It would be nice to try them both before you buy. Anyways, welcome.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:28 AM   #1411

Total Noob to the scaler/crawler scene....

Been into R/C for years. My son and I have some other RC products but no crawler/scaler yet. going to buy either a Honcho or Wraith. Haven't decided yet. Been lurking here for a while and figured I'd register. Seems to be a great source of info and lots of cool things.
norske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:29 PM   #1412
Pebble Pounder

Hello, My name's larry from Santa Cruz and I am hooked on crawling even before I've gotten a rig yet. My 1st RC was/is a fox my dad and I built in the 80's, and I currently have an accociated SC10 also. My buddy has a Honcho that I ran around for a couple days while he was in town and I'm definately hooked. Been doing a ton of research, crawler/scaler, brands, etc...and I've narrowed it down to the Honcho or the Wraith. I'm so temped to get the honcho now but...I think it might be worth the wait on the wraith. The only thing is I don't know how good the wraith is for crawling since its not even out yet. I'll keep it short for now...Thanks for the great website!
lcbsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 PM   #1413

hey all im from Perth Australia, getting back into rc after a 8 year break, picked up a modified ax10 off the bay, also have a hsp i just brought for a spare.

cheers unit
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #1414
Rock Stacker

Ain't this a b...

...and I created a self introduction thread, with that very title indeed.

This is like me walking in the RCC bar while dragging a 10 feet toilet paper that stuck to my right heel and try to be friendly and charming by conversing with the people around and then the Mr.Moderator comes up just to ask me why I am talking to the tap and don't have any clothes on...

Anyway, I am hailing from Istanbul!

I am pretty new to this RC stuff, my main hobby is posting at the wrong section at on-line forums. I got myself a Losi MRC RTR couple of weeks ago, very first RC of mine. I don't like the way it felt, like I know what it should feel like, so made some changes to it without adding new parts. Slightly modded one might say or maybe lightly suits better to this particular occasion.

That is the time I found RCC however...

Then I wanted to upgrade some stuff and spend some cash. Coincidence you say?

Waiting for a Pro Roller and some other goodies so I can upgrade my MRC.

Crappy iPod photo:
Boneybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #1415
I wanna be Dave

So I tried posting this question on another thread and got zilch responses....so I figured this must be a real stupid question...but I'm a newB and slightly hard headed

I have an XR10 with HB Sedonas mounted on the bead locks. Are the tires suppose to feel like a balloon ....no air escaping when you squeeze them? Is this normal???? Never dealt with a bead lock rim before. If not, how do I remedy this ....or do I leave it alone?

Love this forum, learned a lot already...thanks in advance
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:47 PM   #1416
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
So I tried posting this question on another thread and got zilch responses....so I figured this must be a real stupid question...but I'm a newB and slightly hard headed

I have an XR10 with HB Sedonas mounted on the bead locks. Are the tires suppose to feel like a balloon ....no air escaping when you squeeze them? Is this normal???? Never dealt with a bead lock rim before. If not, how do I remedy this ....or do I leave it alone?

Love this forum, learned a lot already...thanks in advance

you can drill a couple of holes on the inside of the wheels to help vent the wheels...
needs2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #1417
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteme View Post
you can drill a couple of holes on the inside of the wheels to help vent the wheels...
Thanks for the response Biteme...

So they do need to "breathe" ? Can I drill a hole in the tire instead...it took forever to put the beadlocks together...plus if I had aluminum wheels instead of the plastic ones that came in the kit you'd think they would come with the hole already drilled

Did I say I was hard headed already ?
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:08 PM   #1418
Rock Crawler

The names Rick from sunny Surrey BC Canada

runnin an xr10 ,,,modded axial honcho.....traxxas Ken block rally car ....and an NQD modded jet boat
scorpion_ax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #1419
Rock Stacker

My name is david
I have a lnc and an ax10.. (oh wife and kids- can't forget them)
I live in san diego and I look forward to learning and crawling with some of you
davidmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:09 AM   #1420

ya most of these guys have been on here for a long time so what ever you ask most of the time they will answer i have had a scx10 for a couple months now and i love to drive it and theres not much to it for me cause al i do is crawl all i do is pick lines that look doable and crawl through and just feather the gas
axialdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote