Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2023, 11:15 PM   #3341
RCC Addict

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripjetski View Post
New here too. In less than 24 hours, had two posts deleted, though they were within the rules. Something about first impressions...

Welcome aboard, just curious as to What got deleted? The only things I usually see get deleted is for sale posts outside of the classifieds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2023, 02:43 AM   #3342

Long time lurker and first post. I have read a lot of good posts and seen really cool projects. Hopefully I can contribute as well.
littlemac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:56 AM   #3343

Hey all, names Rob. I've been crawling for over 12 years, i have built numerous rigs and have a ton of crawler miles under my belt. Was a member here years ago and just now getting back on here.
Voodoo_turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 01:46 PM   #3344

Hello from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

ive been wanting to get into this hobby for years just never had the funds to do so. but i finally started and now i have the bug.
For the past month or so ive been building the Carisma SCA-1E F150. Im really enjoying the truck and seems like a very capable truck. I just really need to address the sloppy front end on since its all plastic. If anyone has any insight let me know.
FordZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 07:05 PM   #3345

How do you get your account deleted? No response from admins. Anyone?
Ripjetski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 10:38 PM   #3346
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripjetski View Post
How do you get your account deleted? No response from admins. Anyone?

Admin’s are pretty much non-existent. Just log out and don’t come back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 09:44 PM   #3347
Pebble Pounder

Hi guys & dolls, almost forgot I had registered here "cos am old (took forever to validate that's why and just checked). Name is Jim and brand new to rc's of any type. I ended up choosing the scx24 Bronco 'cos I thought these little things would be the most cost effective route to go, while I decide if this is a hobby I wana get into. Anyways, I've had it about a month now and will be looking through the site for any helpful tips along the way . Enough for now, see ya's around the forum no doubt
JimrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 06:22 AM   #3348
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_turkey View Post
Hey all, names Rob. I've been crawling for over 12 years, i have built numerous rigs and have a ton of crawler miles under my belt. Was a member here years ago and just now getting back on here.
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimrC View Post
Hi guys & dolls, almost forgot I had registered here "cos am old (took forever to validate that's why and just checked). Name is Jim and brand new to rc's of any type. I ended up choosing the scx24 Bronco 'cos I thought these little things would be the most cost effective route to go, while I decide if this is a hobby I wana get into. Anyways, I've had it about a month now and will be looking through the site for any helpful tips along the way . Enough for now, see ya's around the forum no doubt
Welcome to RCC! You'll find endless builds, pics, tip & tricks here! Many top notch builders willing to answer questions whenever you need help.

Nice choice on the little Bronco. The small scale SCX24's and TRX4-m's are fun and a great way to enter into the hobby. These little guys will more than likely be a stepping stone to the bigger 1/10th scale rigs. Enjoy the hobby!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 10:48 AM   #3349
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post

Welcome to RCC! You'll find endless builds, pics, tip & tricks here! Many top notch builders willing to answer questions whenever you need help.
Much appreciate the welcome
JimrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:54 PM   #3350

Hi guys! I am new here and finally can post after a long validation. I'm a software/firmware developer from BC, Canada. As part of the hobby, I like writing custom firmware for my RC models. Check out my GitHub page: https://github.com/neoxic

I created a thread in Electronics about my BLDC motor ESC firmware that I use in all my models. It also can be used in crawlers. Hopefully, it gets approved by the admins soon.

Cheers everybody,
neoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 11:40 AM   #3351

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoxic View Post
I created a thread in Electronics about my BLDC motor ESC firmware that I use in all my models. It also can be used in crawlers. Hopefully, it gets approved by the admins soon.
Looks like not going to happen. I wrote PMs to several admins - nothing...
neoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 02:18 PM   #3352

Hey guys, new here, looking forward to learning, sharing, and getting in way over my head.
BHCrawler24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 11:17 PM   #3353
I wanna be Dave

Not sure I need to get back into this stuff... I've got other way more expensive hobbies... So I could technically be saving money... 🤔
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 08:24 PM   #3354

Hey everybody. Just got my first truck like a month ago and just bought my second this past weekend. I talked myself out of this hobby for years and now my fears are coming true.
wrencheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 09:07 AM   #3355

I've been lurking here for a bit. My son and I have been crawling with our Axial 1/24th units for a couple of years. We're from the little village of Linden in Alberta, Canada.

We have been looking at the 1/10th scale units to make trail trucks - One of our friends and his (now adult) son gifted us their 1/10th collection. I just got them last night and will be going over them in the next few days to see what still works and what needs replacing. I know they bought the first two units in the mid-2000s and I know they were RTR (that they both heavily modified) from Axial, I think. I'll be posting questions here once I have a better idea want I'm working with.

We have started building a 1/24th scale course in our backyard and have been asked by our local AG society (president it's a close friend) to look into building a crawler course on some of their land.
Oldbear42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:06 PM   #3356

Hi all.

Me and my teenage son have been playing Snowrunner and had fun together. I wanted to have a building project together and an RC crawler looked fun, getting Snowrunner vibes into the real world I have zero experience with RC, but I did build plastic and paper models in my youth. Since building together was one of the main things I wanted, I ignored all advice saying "start with RTR" and bought a kit. By many accounts, Traxxas TRX4 sport is a good kit to start from, and I ordered it. I didn't want to spend too much time choosing the parts and battle incompatibilities and quirks, so I went with whatever Traxxas recommended for the kit. The only thing that I chose to be beefed up was the battery, 3S lipoly.

We've spent the past weekend building it up. It was fun experience. Some things got easy sailing, some offered a bit of a challenge and some we messed up We fixed it up and got to the moving chassis and got the test drive done. Damn this thing is fast. The suspension articulation makes me happy. Well, there's no turning back, I ordered different gear set to get it a bit less jumpy so there's less demand on precise throttle control

Painting is then next big thing. Wish us luck!

I found the forum when I was looking what parts people put together with TRX4 Sport kit and Soze rejoices the Traxxas TRX4 Sport Kit came up. I haven't used anything from that thread, but it was helpful nonetheless. I figured I'd join the community, and found some good topics in the local NorCal/SF BayArea section

Last edited by truckduck; 08-15-2023 at 12:11 PM.
truckduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 07:42 PM   #3357

Hey y'all.

New guy from canaduh. Haven't been round RCs in 15+ years

I got into 1:1 Rock crawling and built a '79 IH Scout SSII

Going down to TN in a few weeks and they are running a rc rock crawl at an IH centric event.

So I needed a rock Crawler RC. So I been looking for an axial or redcat to out the redcat scout II axe body on and paint like mine.

I just picked this one up for $250. Haven't had a chance to go over it yet. It looks well used. Not sure it it's a gen 7 or gen 8.

But I want to get a set of Nitto trail graps for it. In the biggest size possible.. I'd like wider axles too since my rig is on 1-tons and 40s.

ScoutSSIITom is offline   Reply With Quote