LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2009, 05:23 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

well gang i got three whoo's
1 i brought another slash today-whoo
2 mike-- all wood/cement blocks coming sunday--whoo whoo
3 got tak power 2cell lipo--whoo whoo whoo
gonna be busy now lol.
nick-be ready for load of wood sunday/mike wants all i can lol.
byway welcome back tim/didn't know u been gone too.
skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

Default excited

I can't wait till I meet everyone and have some FUN head to head racin!!!
m0d3ds1ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #23

way to go pat - yep that load of wood will be sweet - thanks !
harleymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #24
Rock Stacker

Default random thought

I was just wondering to save some money on dirt what if we thatched the grass and raked it before we roll it on thursday? cuz that's what I did with my micro short course stack in my backyard but I uded a roto tiller and raked it out then used a landscaping rake to finish.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:45 PM   #25

Hey Tim - thanks for the suggestion !

Nick decided he wants to keep grass as is and build track on top of it. Thursday we are planning on removing tubes and rolling entire area. Then, once we get it, fill dirt will be placed on top of the grass. and be sloped from driver stand back to the field. Track will then be built on top of this.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #26

We ran a bunch of laps today - still just tubes and grass. We ran Slash, Rustler and XXX CR buggy. Slashes (19t and brushless) were doing about 30 second lap times and buggy (13.5 brushless) was doing about 25 second lap times.

Area is drying up quite well.

This weekend I was planning on "constructing" a couple jumps from wood, and having a utility trailer to stand in for temporary elevated driver stand. From the sounds of it, we may have quite a few showing up this Sunday - GREAT.

Tentative plan is to begin receiving dirt week of April 20.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #27
Rock Stacker

Default sweet

sweet mike can't wait to help out speed control comes in tomorrow!!!! (thank god) and I got to buy a rear shock rebuild kit cuz I blew a seal and won't hold oil unless I try to drain some out of the other one but ill be up at rodgers around 3:30 if u want to check out the progress or if u want hit me up thursday before u head out to nicks to help out and don't forget your camber gage!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #28

yep we will be going to nicks thurs to pull tubes - in the afternoon though as he has to work. will let you know. will have camber gauge
Old 04-15-2009, 04:34 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

This is an idea of where we stand with the track. I should be able to get panoramic aerial view in the next couple weeks, so sit tight.

chris4207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Red face *Holly heck' lool at the size of this Monster,.LoL "Kool"

Damm'- Skippy... That's going to be a land mark on google' map Quest...4 Sur'... I want to pack up and move to Bay-City now darn it all,.....Thank's' for the Awesome pic' Chris,... It's sweet as hell bro'... Wish there was a carpool coming from this way to hop in with and come up to give ya' fella's a hand too. I'd love to help work on this thing too. brotha's mike & nick...but, I'm, still stuck having to keep this ol' truck just in town here,...As it's in it's day's and we can't afford to replace it any time soon either. And the tranny is acting up again...shit,___ol' Scoot'.

Last edited by scootertrash; 04-15-2009 at 01:15 PM.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #31

WONDERFUL job Chris - thanks !!!!!:-P:-P

Hee hee Scoot - thats funny
Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #32

Subscribing to this thread.

Troy
Envision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #33

Good to have you Troy
Old 04-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Wow Troy Nice to see ya back. Chris showed me your new envision gear Its bad a$$.
clayton78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Allright guys it looks like we are going to run saturday insted of sunday Its suppost to be real nice out .
clayton78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Lightbulb By golly bro' Mike Why it's bro' Troy How's is bro'Troy'.?

Why',...howdy do' there,...Brotha' Troy...Well now,.. may I ask ya'...How duh hell has ya' been there son..?!! Seem's to me that it's been a Long time since I've not seen, or heard a peep at all from ya' on here at all any more "WHY's THAT" Brotha' Troy..?!! But, It's mighty Nice to see ya' come stopping in here like this',...Once in a blue moon there brotha',___Why,...You must be a very busy man over there now aday's too,...huh. ***Why don't ya' just kick your shoe's off & stay awhile & you remmember to come back again real soon too now,.. ya' hear,____Oooh' I'm, Just another one of MiRCA's & Tri-City-Crawler's ol' fart's,___ol' scoot'. ** I want to move up to bay city and pitch a tent out back of nick's And live happy ever after then too.. Damm' thinking now that I Wish my ol' man would'nt of sold his ol' apache pop up camper,... For I'd be in it and been up there by now too brotha' nick'... Shit I could live out of one of my ol' man's truck's, and use my mt-bike & it's pull behind trailer and alil' of my camping gear to head into town and back on and save my money for just food and drink's & Cig's....And be a happy ass retired ol' fart 4 sur' and I'd work every damm' day around there taking care of brotha' nick' place too.** (( No-Shit___I'm for real about this Idea. That's if you'd say it be okey for a weekend brotha' nick... I'd work my ass off helping to get this thing going on too,..as you 2 brotha's are doing now. Hoot- Hoot,__((For My Wife's been gone out of state for 1 1/2 week's now and won't be back till 10pm the 21st of this month__ "Yup it's just been me all by myself = No-Wife, kid's, Grand kid's, or Dog,..!!!))__ And when she get's her ol'happy ass back here,..!!! Then,... I'll be in need to get away for a day, or two myself,...! And get all this past winter out of my ol' bone's & etc,...for it a do me some good to scout around bay city for abit,... and see how it's laid out and how it would be like to be living up there someday too. "Do,you' reckon so too'',__ol'Scoot'.

Last edited by scootertrash; 04-15-2009 at 06:19 PM.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #37
Rock Stacker

Default lets rock!!!

well gentlemen the modded slash is finally ready to run!!! putin on the new fresh switches on tonite and drillin holes in the rims
Old 04-15-2009, 06:08 PM   #38

Default SATURDAY AT NICK's

This SATURDAY 11:00 it is then - wow I can't wait ! Weather is supposed to be fantabulous. Gonna break out 1/8 scale MBX-5 with new V-Spec motor - needs to be broke in so a few laps will be good. It will be interesting to see how 1/8 scale does on layout. Also will have Slash (of course) with rebuilt 19t and XXXT MF2 with 13.5.

Looking forward to it

Last edited by harleymon; 04-15-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 PM   #39

Default Tentative track build schedule

Hey all - I was at Nick's today going over track build. Tentative plan is to have track build the week of April 27, and have it completed Sunday May 3.

Keep an eye on this thread for more details. We are hoping to get several individuals on hand to help out. Especially for Saturday May 2.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #40

Default ****announcement - clayton raceway track build ***

Hey all,

Here is the plan (weather permitting of course)

TRACK BUILD DAY: Saturday, May 2
8:00 am sharp
Bring gloves, shovels, rakes
Plan on a long day

I will reschedule if weather doesn't cooperate. Keep an eye out on this thread for further details

Please reply if you plan on attending so I can get a head count.

Thanks in advance for your help !!

Last edited by harleymon; 04-17-2009 at 07:06 AM.