Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Non Crawler RC's

Notices

Thread: Which 1/8 4WD buggy?!?!?!?!??!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Which 1/8 4WD buggy?!?!?!?!??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedo View Post
That Tekno buggy is killer.

I used to race Mugen (mbxt5 & mbxt6). In my honest opinion, they dominated at our track.

I'm looking to get back into track, and I am seriously considering the tekno buggy from every thing I read.

Everyone loves the Mugen. MY EXPERIENCE with them is they are so far from durable it is pathetic. And this was on the truggy side, and if the truggy does not hold up the buggy has not a flaming chance in hell.

The Tekno is a beast. I myself am a Losi fan, and they have all proved to be great. I think the Tekno takes it a step past that. Only issue could be parts. If your LHS stocks Mugen, then that might sway some. I personally tend to order a decent stock of back up parts to travel with, no use in breaking and giving up over a $20 part.
The Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: Which 1/8 4WD buggy?!?!?!?!??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Violator View Post
Everyone loves the Mugen. MY EXPERIENCE with them is they are so far from durable it is pathetic. And this was on the truggy side, and if the truggy does not hold up the buggy has not a flaming chance in hell.

The Tekno is a beast. I myself am a Losi fan, and they have all proved to be great. I think the Tekno takes it a step past that. Only issue could be parts. If your LHS stocks Mugen, then that might sway some. I personally tend to order a decent stock of back up parts to travel with, no use in breaking and giving up over a $20 part.
The only thing I ever broke was a couple a-arms. Easy to swap on the bench at the track. From my experience it was a solid performer.

But like I said in my original post, that Tekno buggy looks awesome, and will most likely be my next racer...
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote

Which 1/8 4WD buggy?!?!?!?!??! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help with old 4wd off-road buggy jbrandt Chit Chat 2 06-19-2007 08:09 AM