Default Re: if looks could kill

We were qsac registered

Sent from my LGAS375 using Tapatalk
kongluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2017, 07:16 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Here's my new 3s capable brushed motor...

Got it up to about 60mph with my 2s motor...had to corret my course at like 120ft, over compensated and snapped the kingpin...

Got the new one and a kingpin brace & a new pinion that should get it a lot faster

Old 07-24-2017, 05:48 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Update; well i broke the motor in wrong...i did the water break-in... Found out i should have done the dry break-in(i know both) i have already replaced and burned 3 armetures in this can...got bad info from other's and manufacturers...you can Not run any brushed 540 motor on 3s expect it not to burn the windings..the armetures i replaced my 3s capable one with were just regular 15t ones with an 8.4v max spec'd rating..one that i was getting satisfactory runs on 2s and could have played with the gearing a little more...i burned all the armetures with 81/1748p gearing as i was unsure of what gearing to start with. They each lasted about 3 passes. My next motor will be a custom made one.

As for the chassis...the battery tray is completely lowered...it wouldn't sit lower than where its at even if i hadn't flipped the chassis so i'm satisfied with that.

Drag foams are holding up, but being that this car has no suspension the sidewalls are missing a few pieces from extremely detoured tracts... I will be adding trx funnycar wheels to the front. Hopefully it will make the front track narrower. I like the Porsche body and all but i"m still trying out rear tires and right now the wheels that i am using make the rear track like 183mm there taller than stock foams but narrower and softer...i'm on a budget so price and performance is every thing. These are cheap and when sauced up real good hook more than satisfactory...no spinning whatsoever. Width and stability is what im worried about mostly.

I've thoyght about converting it to brushless but i think the brushed road will be more fun especially for this nostalgic company.

The last armeture i'd burned was on my 4s capable brushed esc.. No i did not run it on 4s and never plan to in this...i think 3s is enough..but it's a 60amp also...maybe a little punchier bc it has 360amp burst...it's made to handle monster truck duties.

I know the road i'm pulling on is too slick, but if i can't get it to consistently pull straight i will purchase a gyro, but before i do that i will have to test it with the trx fronts...and make wheeliebar adjustments..it has left the ground in odd fashions..not blowovers but from the wheeliebar being set too high and diffing out...but i'm not certain it happens rather quickly. It would probably track straight on the wheeliebar if i added rubber tires to it(the wheeliebar)

if looks could kill - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Obama's solution to end gun violence... GySgt Hartman Chit Chat 166 01-21-2013 07:11 PM
What did I kill? ngaanfan Electronics 7 10-03-2011 10:28 PM
I Want To Kill.... RANOVRU Chit Chat 12 08-08-2010 06:18 PM
over kill bodybags101 Axial SCX-10 4 11-21-2009 03:08 PM
Over Kill? bdbolin Axial AX-10 Scorpion 9 11-12-2007 07:58 PM