Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Attention Carolina Rock Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006, 09:14 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

I said that was just a joke. I like CaRoliNa RoCk RuNneRs, and I agree that it needs to be clean. I don't know how many of you have kids but I have a 8 year old daughter that don't need to be asking questions about what that means.
HaPtOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

i can go for carolina rock runners,i think that is a good name and should make for a good t-shirt scheme. anybody see the pics of raven rock?if so what do u think?
EMUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:45 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I just looked at, it looks hard and that picture of the snake... don't think Brandon will go for that.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

me and tony are thinking of trying out raven rock will let u know if it is worth the drive and walk.

Last edited by EMUTT; 04-16-2006 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:24 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Hey why don't yall go try it out to see if is worth the drive and walk.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:16 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Ok, how did I get picked for this mission? I don't do snakes, critters, or long moonlit walks. Lol!
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 05:28 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

well everybody stay at home and its alot bigger and better than those pics show.just hope u dont mind the walk,rocks grip pretty good though.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:16 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

SNAKES! No frigin way man. Although the Bullhole is supposed to have some snakes. Haven't seen any there yet. First time I do it will be my last.

So how long of a hike is Raven Rock? Just curious, having to carry a TXT or Clod is a PIA. Might be a good place for a TLT. Something I can fit in a back pack. Just hope you don't break anything. How much farther north is it from the Bullhole?

Looks like it has a lot of vertical. Just wondering how much crawl worthy rocks it has. ALways looking for new places to play. I would be willing to give it a try one of these days. Just have to wear my snake repelent. If any of ya are wondering what that is. It's a big godamb stick.
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:30 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

the rocky areas are good ithink.i would say a good 1/4 -1/2 mile of very crawlable spots that i seen.and as far as the snake i was at that spot and plenty of others and seen no snakes.yet anyways.getting to the spot we found yesterday was a 1 mile walk the signs say.it took about 15 mins to walk there.hey you could say its exercise and play time.however i havent seen the old lock and dam yet it may be better,i will google some more and see if i can find somemore pics of the area.from bullhole it would be about 2 hours drive give or take
Old 04-16-2006, 09:27 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

hey when we do the club what are the requirments going to be?any fee's so on?when everyone desides on a name i will draw up a t-shirt and have it made so everyone can see them.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:40 PM   #51
Pebble Pounder

a mile what the heck. In the words of Willy Wonka " if GOD had intended us to walk he wouldn't have invented roller skates." Yeah I was wondering if there was going to be any dues also.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

well i guess you could try roller skates but they better be atv roller skates. its really not that bad of a walk,and i am going to check out a few other spots this weekend.there is supposed to be a old lock and dam there.so there should be a very nice spot near there,and maybe a little less of a walk
Old 04-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

just looking at a mapquest map of up near sallsbury there is a granite quarry.does anyone know anything about this area?
Old 04-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

what do you want to know. I can tell ya now it is just a name.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Ok. Guess that answers that question. Lol.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:52 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

hey thats false advertizing those.well there go's that idea.anyother ideas?
Old 04-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

It's got several quarrys around but they are still open. Don't know anybody over there to ask if theres a spot we could go. There might be a place in Faith which is right beside GQ, I have figure out who I have to go talk to about the spot I know about.

Old 04-21-2006, 06:41 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Hey Guys, I have been busier than a one legged man in an *** kicking contest. But loving every minute of my new job.

I don't see any reason for club dues. At least not right off. We really don't have any expenses that we would need money for. If we do decide to do some shirts or something we will all just need to kick in some money.

I guess we will go with "Carolina Rock Runners" for our name. Does anyone want to work on a logo. I can do something up but have been short on time lately.

I know there is other crawl spots out there. It's just a matter of finding some that are a short walk. And a place that is open to the public helps also. Next Saturday I plan to head to a little spot in Mooresville. It is a park close to Main St. I believe it is named Liberty park. It has a little rock area that is a waterfall. Right now it is dry as a bone. If anyone wants to come along let me know. It is not big but enough for a couple hours of play time.
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:31 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Carolina Rock Runners, Ok by me. Having the same problem finding places around here too.
We pretty high and dry right now. Seen some very good places, mostly on rivers that are well below normal ranges. I would hate to go to them once and have a huge rain fall and loose it cause of high water. Falls dam is beautiful right now. Rocks everywhere. If it rains really good, will probably never see it that way again. Thinking that Ravens rock is probably gonna be the best bet around here. But I have family in Ashboro looking for good places.
Was told Badin(?) Lake had some good places. Also Uwharrie national forrest had some massive rocks. Just waiting on directions to these places and I'll try to post some pics.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:50 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

i will try to come up with some kind of logo and an idea for a t-shirt got some ideas.will let everyone know how its going.Carolina Rock Runners thats good to me.anybody have any logo ideas?lets hear um