Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > North Carolina

Notices

Thread: Attention Carolina Rock Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #81
Rock Crawler

A small group of us went up to Mooresville for a little wheel time yesterday. Brian (Tonsa), HaPtoad (Randy), Scott, Cameron, and myself made the trip. It was a little spot for sure. But what was there was a challenge. We were more than able to break our stuff. Being 100 feet from our trucks and picinic tables was sure nice. Time to place my order with Tower Hobbies. See ya all next time.
BrandO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2006, 07:54 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

sorry i missed the trip sounds like fun and less walking.so are we going to go by the dates posted for crawling?every 3rd sat right.
EMUTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:33 AM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Total carnage? Sounds fun! Waiting on parts myself. When they come, we shall see what happens with the breakage. GD 600 and MGT tires. I am on pins and needles!
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:36 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

I know this ain't the place, but no one has a set of txt/clod to maxx adapters they want to sell do they? Having trouble getting some. I didn't know if you made any of those Brando.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:21 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

so is anyone going to the bullhole this weekend?or crawling anywhere this weekend??got some new toys and cant wait to try them out
Old 05-02-2006, 07:16 PM   #86
Pebble Pounder

hi, i was just wondering where everyone was located? i live in detroit now, but i bought 5 acres in beulaville NC last year and we should be ready for the move next spring. hopefully i will be near some of you and the places you crawl. i have 4 1:18th nylints in various stages of hoppedupness (like my new word?) a couple 1:6th nylints, a clod crawler and an emaxx that i am ready to tear into and make a shafty crawler out of. beulavile is about 60 miles nw of wilmington in southern NC. i cant wait to move and hopefully i will be able to join your club and hang out. more than likely i will be accompanied by my 8 year old daughter and her nylint crawler. if y'all are close enough i plan on a nice race track as well as a crawling obstacle course on my property where everyone will be welcome. hope meet in the future. thanks, cameron.
aint scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:29 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

i live in benson,nc its about 30 mins south of raleighnc.maybe 45 mins from where your moving to.the bullhole is about 3 hour ride for me,but we have some closer places.i have a totaly modded emaxx"EMUTT"would love to have more people to crawl with.hope you can join us.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Early welcome to N.C.! We're kinda spread out all over N.C. I know much about Beulaville. I used to live around Wallace and travel that area alot. Hopefully you'll be able to join us for some crawling in the future. I'm in Raleigh.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #89
Pebble Pounder

sounds cool, i will definately be up for some crawling outings. this will be my first emaxx/shafty crawler so if anyone has any tips or advice i would appreciate it. i have been doing alot of reading in the emaxx crawler forum and am just about ready to clear off the workbench and get started! thanks, cam.
aint scared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Good to here new people are finding us. We are a small group but growing here and there. We are always open to new faces and new rigs. Our main spot is the Bullhole. But we are always looking for new spots. As a Northerner transplant I take my share of ribbing. It takes a bit to get used ta dem redneck jokes. And them boys talk a little funny if ya ask me. Look us up once you get settled.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:20 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

getting gd600 for the MUTT tommorow.that should help me out alot,still have a little steering problem though.so is any body going to go anywhere to crawl this weekend?thinking of tring some spots just wanted to know if anyone else wanted to?
Old 05-05-2006, 08:37 AM   #92
Pebble Pounder

Welcome to the Tarheel state. I'm not going anywhere this weekend I'm broke truck wise that is. Got to get a front servo so got save $$$ for a 5998 or one like Tonsa runs. talk to ya'll on the flip side.
HaPtOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

got a gd600 installed today and some other goodies guess a few of us are going to a closed domn quarry this weekend.try to get some pics,maybe even a vid"if i can figure out how"will let everyone know how it goes.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

tried out the gd600 today.night and day difference.ready for the next crawl!
Old 05-07-2006, 07:50 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

EMUTT, did you guys crawl yesterday? Just wondering how it went. Who made it out?

I worked on my junk a bit yesterday. I am trying to fix what I broke the last two times out. I rebuilt my 645mg for my TLT, thanks for the parts Scott. I need to work on the other two trucks now. I will be ready for next time.

If we are sticking to the schedule I made up our next outing is on the 20th. Is everyone cool with that day? And do we want to go to the Bullhole? Or do we want to try someplace else? I am open to suggestions.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:07 AM   #96
Pebble Pounder

I was thinking of maybe Uwharrie. Got my truck and Scotts Jeep that we can pile into to go up the trails. Don't know just a thought. Find a couple of good spots and get Jason and his crew up for real comp.
HaPtOAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:13 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

we went for a little outing at a homemade crawl spot yesterday.truck did pretty good ready for the next time.the 20th sounds good but if everyone wants to do it sooner that would be cool to. as far as wear to go the bullhole would be cool,or could we try out Uwharrie?hey BrandO are you thinking about the club anymore,if so have you looked at the logo i drew up?and any comp talk going on?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #98
I lost my vendor privileges

Default bout got my tuber finished

i will be so glad to try it out if i can ever get off work before dark need to tune up the suspension to make sure it works alright .:-P see you guys at next krawl.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #99
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMUTT
we went for a little outing at a homemade crawl spot yesterday.truck did pretty good ready for the next time.the 20th sounds good but if everyone wants to do it sooner that would be cool to. as far as wear to go the bullhole would be cool,or could we try out Uwharrie?hey BrandO are you thinking about the club anymore,if so have you looked at the logo i drew up?and any comp talk going on?
Hey guys, Didn't mean to leave ya hangin. I am still interested in getting the club started. I was planning to talk with everyone at our next outing on the 20th. I discussed the logo with the guys when we went to Mooresville a couple weeks ago. What you did is nice. But it will be difficult to use it with Cafe Press. It really needs to be a large PNG file. It would be a different story if we where going to silk screen shirts. But most shops require an order of 100 shirts or more. We just can't do that. With Cafe press we can get as many or as little as we want. I can discuss it more with you when I see you next time. I have a bunch of experience with the whole logo thing. We may be able to use the truck drawing.

Please understand I don't want to shoot down what you have done. The last thing I want to do is hurt anyones feelings. We are all in this thing together. So I think it really needs to be discussed as a group.

I would like to try Unwharrie. But my vote is for the Bullhole on the 20th. I have some things to do in the evening. So I would have to leave by 3:30 or so. If we went to Unwharrie I would have to leave pretty early. Plus I might be bringing another guy from work. He wants to check it out. He actually used to work for Team Losi. And he was one of the engineers that designed the Mini-T. But that is just my vote. Maybe we can put it to a vote.

My vote is for the Bullhole on the 20th. And then Unwharrie on June 10th. Let me know what ya'll think.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Bull hole on the 20th. I'll be there. Had a lot of redos on my Jugg and am dying to try it out.
As far as logo's and things go, I couldn't draw myself out of a paper bag, so, I'll go with whatever. I still want to do the club thing too, so I will definately be there.