Notices

Thread: Wooster[44691] - Under Construction - Post#1=Address/Directions/Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wayne County[44691], new public location under construction

Don't forget

This thread is worthless without pix!

Seriously though great job with the pr work.

Keep us posted!
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
Don't forget

This thread is worthless without pix!

Seriously though great job with the pr work.

Keep us posted!
Im pushing 2-3inches of snow as we speak so my plans for starting tomorrow are out. But yes, ill grab some pics tomorrow...even with the snow cover lol

No thank you for hosting that event the other week. It was my first, even though I wasn't driving, but you guys showed me what I needed to see. I love Rc, from my helis and planes to these crawlers. Im all about fun, I wanna make this hobby the best it can and available for people to use. Will it be used a lot, who knows...but its public and shouldn't be moving soon thanks to the city. To bad you guys are so far away, took me about an hour and a half to get down there. The reason i say is I've never comp'd period, wouldn't know how to get one rolling, etc. Maybe send me a PM sometime so I can get a feel on that note for the future season.

Again, pics tomorrow...
OhioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

As you all requested...

I was out running errands so i decided to stop and snap some pics of the area. I didnt have my rig with me at the time to give a scale comparison so i used what i had, a 20oz mtn dew bottle, ill mention it when its there.

The first few pics are of the entire area at different angles from alittle further back. You can see all thats really needed is the tall grass and crap cleared up and some rocks rolled around....

my daily rig sittin in this pic lol

notice in the background, a bulletin board to post events, and its also Hole #1 of the disc golf coarse.

again notice the bulletin board and a small view of the pool

Heres a few close up pics...

Heres where i decided to grab my 20oz dew bottle so everyone didnt think these where baseball size

And heres the big daddy. Theres no way currently up it, but there will be

If you notice in the lower right there is a 12" drain tile coming out of the hill. And if you look close in the upper left is where the rock pile is. Theres already a few pieces of concrete here on this small hillside. Maybe use it as a rock hill climb, or leave it dirt...who knows. Kinda hard to see but its there

These next two pics are of the facilities(men and women) a pavillion, parking lot(enough for atleast 20-30 cars. Thats just the parking lot thats 2secs away. there are a few other lots within a 1-2min walk that could host 100+), and a basketball court behind the lot.

This last pic is of the kiddie pool, main pool, pool house, and if you look close through the pool area there is a playground.

In addition thats not in the pics are a small fishing pond, 18 hole disc golf coarse(which i play once a week atleast), 2 or 3 sand volleyball courts, 3 ball diamonds, and 2 or 3 other pavillions.

I cant wait for the weather to clear!

Last edited by OhioCrawler; 02-25-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Default Re: Wayne County[44691], new public location under construction - pics

Those rocks have some size to them!

I think that place has some potential. Like you said just needs some cleaning.
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

We gotta get that in the summer point series assuming its good to go by then
EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

That is a really good place! Thats an easy sell to the Wife! "Hey Honey pack the kids up for a trip to the park." I and some of my traveling crew would be sure to make a trip up and check it out!
BuckImod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Well like I've said, I've never comp'd and wouldn't know where to begin let alone hosting. I mean im all for hosting if I could get help with the other "bookwork" kind of stuff, or if someone wanted to take charge on that note. Who knows, but im gonna get this place ready for some comps this season. I want some serious turn outs to show we can do it...

So what's this point serious? Where is it mainly held? How big of series is it?

Maybe someone when the weather gets nice would wanna direct me of some help placing rocks and making "lines".
Old 02-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

This is the thread for the current point series as soon as this ends we will start the spring/summer point series

Central Ohio Crawlers Fall/Winter 2011/12 Point Series

Last edited by EDGE; 02-26-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

As far as running a point series comp there we would just need any permissions or reservations or what not the club would run the comp

Any other comps would just have be worked out

Who's holding/running the comp and so forth
Old 02-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Let me know a week in advance and I'll help you get some weeding and moving under way. I have a coarse of my own near Marengo, OH. Its near the intersection of SR 61 and SR 229 if you like to take a look and see an area that we set up in my yard.
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

I'd definately be in for some comps there. My Dad lives up in Wooster, so I could visit him while I'm at it.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Sweet any help would be great. I got out today for some "testing", and also got a few big boulders rolled around. Helped make them more useful. My buddy was with me and helped, or else i wasnt moving crap lol. I hope for a decent 3-4 day dry spell so i can spray the heck out of it. But would still want/need help clearing it up. I know i can get 2-3 buddies for sure that will help, funny thing is, is that none of them even have trucks. Theyve only drove mine here and there and think its some what cool enough to wanna help haha.

Anyways, I took some videos while we were out. These were some of the best, some are me some are him, all on my rig...

This is the rock in picture 9 ^above^, me driving...
http://youtu.be/s-237ecZFbg

A gap that i over shot. The run before i fell short, this time...ouch lol, me driving...
http://youtu.be/2dsvUCVvdcQ

I tried to keep coming right, but got kicked left. Found another route but got hung up at the end, me driving...
http://youtu.be/mCIpIBFEXAM

This is the "big daddy" in picture 12 ^above^, we made an easy route up just to show the size, my buddy driving...
http://youtu.be/1aodcIrqUPY

Steep decline, got stock at the end, me driving...
http://youtu.be/mhbZ3NBA0WY

Easy little climb, got alittle turned around at the end but got it...notice the battery gets knocked loose. My buddy driving...
http://youtu.be/6cCGZB5wd1w

Doesnt look like much at the start but it was fairly steep, he just found a perfect line up it apparently lol. Then i mention him having to hook a tire up top, and if not he would have toppled over. I tried it 3 times after he cleared it, i couldnt get it. He actually did it his first try...
http://youtu.be/yv85wqbVWz4

Last edited by OhioCrawler; 02-26-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wayne County[44691], new public location under construction - pics - videos

Got out today and took advantage of the weather. I spent close to 5hrs, and my buddy helped me for about 3hrs. We moved my stock pile of rocks from my garage to the park, cleared a bunch of brush, rolled some big suckers around, and then filled in some gaps with the smaller rock i had. We used the concrete that was already dumped on the hillside and added about a half truck load to it. Still need more but its gettin there. We again did some testing and the concrete hill wasnt all that hard. Definetly needs some rearranging...no biggie. The main rock area is crazy in some spots. Not much for total elevation change but the overall size of the boulders makes it difficult in its self. If i can get a few more nice days after work to get out there, i would say its pretty much ready to release the location. Not 100% done, but useable if needing a place.

Here are some pics i took after all the work from today...

The main rock area is about 50% clean...

You can really see a change in this pics, no more brush...

Cleared out a run off area, tossed in a few rocks and made room to walk.
(you can see the concrete "hillclimb" in the back)

Looking up the "hill". We made some quick gates out of pvc to give it a quick go(its all we had) lol...

Looking down the "hill", you can see the left still needs filled in...

Its getting there...
Old 02-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Wayne County[44691], new public location under construction - pics - videos

So whens the first run?? looking good..
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Do you have coordinance for this place so I can see how far I am from this awesome. Spot
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangboy_347 View Post
Do you have coordinance for this place so I can see how far I am from this awesome. Spot
The zip code is 44691. Im gonna try and shoot for something maybe on Sunday at the earliest, atleast hopefully a couple guys just to try it out and give ideas. Most of my time spent has been to make the area useful, not so much getting rocks in strategic positions. I've rolled some but its been to uncover some here or there to make them usable. Either way ill be there a few nights this week to do some more work if someone close wants to swing through. Just send me a pm. If not ill set something up in a week or two for an official "opening day" haha. Nothing to serious, but im sure we can throw somethin together.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:40 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

After "opening day", it'll be full on for public use...
Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

I'd probably be down for something Sunday just to check it out doesn't have to be 100% ready
Old 02-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGE View Post
I'd probably be down for something Sunday just to check it out doesn't have to be 100% ready
I have a local guy I can get ahold of to see if he would be down. I know myself and one of my buddies would be there, he's been driving mine until he pulls the trigger on his own. So maybe if we could find another guy or two we could set up a "test and tune" day before I post up a true opening day crawl.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCrawler View Post
The zip code is 44691. Im gonna try and shoot for something maybe on Sunday at the earliest, atleast hopefully a couple guys just to try it out and give ideas. Most of my time spent has been to make the area useful, not so much getting rocks in strategic positions. I've rolled some but its been to uncover some here or there to make them usable. Either way ill be there a few nights this week to do some more work if someone close wants to swing through. Just send me a pm. If not ill set something up in a week or two for an official "opening day" haha. Nothing to serious, but im sure we can throw somethin together.
i need a address or and longitude and latitude , something to go by on my GPS ...i would like to see the place this weekend also by need directions
mustangboy_347 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wooster[44691] - Under Construction - Post#1=Address/Directions/Pics - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LCC indoor coarse Cole82 Videos! 0 03-07-2010 09:19 PM
Indoor crawler coarse build Jeff Mills Idaho 11 02-03-2010 08:54 AM
Building an indoor coarse ? beni Chit Chat 1 12-07-2008 09:54 PM
Durable foam for indoor coarse Cole82 Chit Chat 8 01-13-2008 10:43 PM
homemade indoor crawling coarse? NoblesvilleKid Chit Chat 0 07-18-2007 03:54 PM